Aberdeen 1 - 1 Celtic

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Any more specific examples of this? Other than your own lack of comprehension?

Ah so that was you, I see you are still being an obsessive creep then. FYI I didn’t say anything about not playing any forward passes. I’ve been completely honest about him since day one and I’ve said I would like to be proven wrong and it’s looking like I will be. I praised the things he did well in the video and criticised the things he did wrong. You took it all personally as you seem to do with everything Dean Campbell related and now you are on some kind of mission to try and one-up me. Pathetic much? How will you cope when we are back in the stadium and someone shouts “you’re shite” at Dean Campbell? Burst into tears? Tell a steward? Follow them around an Internet forum?

"I didn’t say anything about not playing any forward passes"

Yes you did:

If he had played the ball Kennedy did for Hayes at the weekend then I would be interested, fact is he hasn’t played a pass like that and hasn’t created anything for our strikers

"I praised the things he did well in the video "

No you didn't.

This is all you said about the highlights I put up:

The very start of that video he is unmarked for the cross and has time to take a touch and score, instead he sclaffs it and it’s going wide until the United defender gets in the way. I genuinely hope this is not one of the “several shots on target” you are referring to.

Then a miss-hit cross that the keeper has to save. Really?

How about 3 and half mins in when he makes a complete mess of the clearance and it hits his arm? Lucky it wasn’t a penalty.

I didn’t blame him for being unmarked, why would I do that? I said he had time to take a touch and score. It was a sclaffed half volley that was going wide until it hit the defender. He did well to make space in the box, has to do better there though.

No reference to the handball or are we only allowed to be happy clappers and ignore all the negatives?

You're a chronic liar mate.  Get help. 

• Upvote 2
50 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

"I didn’t say anything about not playing any forward passes"

Yes you did:

"I praised the things he did well in the video "

No you didn't.

This is all you said about the highlights I put up:

You're a chronic liar mate.  Get help. 

Selective quoting, I have praised him when he has deserved it, especially that tackle a few weeks ago. I also agreed that he had made a good run into the box during the game in question. I stand by the other things I mentioned, if it was any other player sclaffing that shot at the start when in space he would have been crucified.

The trouble is you take everything Dean Campbell related so personally, I can say what I like about anyone I want to. If you don’t agree then fine, just don’t get so upset when it happens. I said recently Kyle Lafferty would be a great signing for us as he is a proven performer at this level, a hat-trick the other day as well. People disagreed and guess what? I didn’t have a hissy fit about it, champ.

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s a red card in any other game and any other ref. Embarrassing standard of officiating.

Thomson said on Sportscene that Gollum usually can't get his red card out quick enough.  If it had been the other way around he would've been waving a red before the celtic player hit the ground.  Really feel like giving up on Scottish fitba sometimes. 

7 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If an Aberdeen player goes and takes the legs out from a standing Celtic player after the whistle there is no way in hell he would get off with just a booking. Regardless of which ref it is. 

100% 

Unfortunately refs live in fear of upsetting huns/tims as their windows will get put in etc 

3 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Thomson said on Sportscene that Gollum usually can't get his red card out quick enough.  If it had been the other way around he would've been waving a red before the celtic player hit the ground.  Really feel like giving up on Scottish fitba sometimes. 

I saw that, it was actually good to hear someone criticise Collum instead of “the ref may have got that wrong” or some other shite.

Hes a FIFA elite referee though, is he not?

8 hours ago, Roberto said:

On current showings, no. I'm not prepared to write him off yet though.

The confidence has gone, but I don't forget that performance at Ibrox and the few games after that. There is a player in there. That's up to Russell and Brown to bring it out of him again... time will tell.

I always thought he could be converted to be a very good wing back.

it would seem Glass’s preferential formation is 4-5-1 when defending transitioning to 4-3-3 when we win possession, so McLennan will need to regain his confidence in the RM / RW role

5 hours ago, Millertime said:

Woods as well, what an upgrade he looks actually on Lewis 

So comfortable on the ball, pinging balls out all over the shop 

On 4/21/2021 at 9:28 AM, Lencarl said:

Joe Lewis has been handed a boost after a scan revealed he did not suffer a break following a rib injury picked up in the weekend win over Livingston.

Not bothered if he is fit for this one.

Wood is a capable replacement.

Reply from Millertime  on 4/21/2021

Is he?

Based on what? 

:poster_oops:

55 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

No it isn’t.

Not a chance in hell that’s a red in the Glasgow Derby. 

Probably not even a yellow in that game. 

Okay point taken. Given they make no secret of refs officiating the Glasgow derby differently it would probably be a “talking to” and praised by the sycophantic commentators as the ref “managing the occasion”.

On 4/22/2021 at 8:22 AM, Sheeptastic said:

Was gutted when the goal went in but that feeling relented fairly quickly.

Me too - at this stage in the season, with the new manager, how we set up and played was of big importance.  It was a good performance and we deserved to win, which is the key issue for Glass's reign.

On 4/22/2021 at 1:41 PM, Big Hat Logan said:

Any more specific examples of this? Other than your own lack of comprehension?

Ah so that was you, I see you are still being an obsessive creep then. FYI I didn’t say anything about not playing any forward passes. I’ve been completely honest about him since day one and I’ve said I would like to be proven wrong and it’s looking like I will be. I praised the things he did well in the video and criticised the things he did wrong. You took it all personally as you seem to do with everything Dean Campbell related and now you are on some kind of mission to try and one-up me. Pathetic much? How will you cope when we are back in the stadium and someone shouts “you’re shite” at Dean Campbell? Burst into tears? Tell a steward? Follow them around an Internet forum?

Get a life you complete and utter bellend

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
22 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Okay point taken. Given they make no secret of refs officiating the Glasgow derby differently it would probably be a “talking to” and praised by the sycophantic commentators as the ref “managing the occasion”.

Yip... “sensible refereeing” is the trotted out cliche.

I prefer to see it as cheating, not doing their jobs & not applying the laws of the game.

On 4/22/2021 at 4:36 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

If an Aberdeen player goes and takes the legs out from a standing Celtic player after the whistle there is no way in hell he would get off with just a booking. Regardless of which ref it is. 

Agreed. The sportscene summary being more akin to.....’ the dirty sheep shagging bastard has basically assaulted him and he should receive a significant ban for bringing the game into disrepute’

42 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Yip... “sensible refereeing” is the trotted out cliche.

I prefer to see it as cheating, not doing their jobs & not applying the laws of the game.

It’s perhaps the most blatant example of Scottish football being only about two clubs. To have a fixture where it’s opening recognised that the ref doesn’t apply the same laws as any other game? And that’s something to praise refs for? You hear the commentators say it every old firm game and nobody calls them out on it.

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

It’s perhaps the most blatant example of Scottish football being only about two clubs. To have a fixture where it’s opening recognised that the ref doesn’t apply the same laws as any other game? And that’s something to praise refs for? You hear the commentators say it every old firm game and nobody calls them out on it.

Aye. 
one of the many pets hates I have in Scottish football.

Near the top. 

1 hour ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Exactly, then openly talking about; ‘all we ask referees for is consistency’. Arseholes. 

small print: note the quarterly bigot fest allows you to interpret the laws of the game within the spirit of the occasion.