Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Aberdeen 1 - 1 Celtic

51 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Was gutted when the goal went in but that feeling relented fairly quickly. If we're being honest, third was a bit of an ask given we still had both Celtic and Rangers to play. It would've required Hibs to drop points in the earlier game. 

A lot to take from that game last night. Campbell's passing and composure was top stuff and he can break things up, showing he does have what it takes and is capable in that holding role. I don't think he's going to be popping up with many goals but neither did Ryan Jack and he was pretty effective in that role. 

Ramsay looked a very confident, comfortable on the ball, unfazed player. Perhaps pushing it a bit because he's only had two games or whatever but he reminded me a bit of Tierney. Add in Mackenzie's discipline and defending then we have three potential first team players, two in problem positions, for next season. The picture begins to look brighter. 

We were a bit deep at times and went without the ball for long spells but there was a lot to take encouragement. Could and should have killed it off. Sick of playing against an extra man in the ref in these games though. It's beyond a joke. 

Really liked the look of both the young fullbacks , physical , pacy and skilful . Hopefully both go on to have great careers with us 

13 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Ramsey is definitely the answer at right back. So comfortable, even more impressive considering the opposition.

I agree he looks good, however, his attempt at stopping the cross that lead to the goal was suspect.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt, probably nervous, tired etc, and hasn't played a lot of minutes. 

He seems to be a good dribbler as well. Very useful player. 

Now that the dust has settled the day after the night before my key points after match can be summarised as follows:

a) Woods confirmed that he is more than a capable deputy to Lewis, with his playing out from the back, and kicking distribution in general, very good.

b) Absolutely delighted that youngsters are getting a chance i.e. Campbell, Ramsay and Mackenzie. Anyone that knows me would confirm that I always bang on about "if they're good enough they're old enough".

c) We were more of an attacking threat than we have been for quite some time. Ferguson, Hayes, McGinn, Kamberi and Hendry all performed predominantly well and entertained, which is what we have been crying out for some considerable time.

d) I thought that both Considine and Hoban defended really well throughout, which hasn't often been the case this season at all.

and perhaps the most noticeable point,

e) Tims were very, very poor. They huffed and puffed but didn't look too convincing throughout, apart from Turnbull, who is some player.

It wasn't so long ago that Tims would come to Pittodrie and it would be one dangerous attack after another, and basically horrible to watch from our point of view.

So in conclusion Glass deserves great credit for influencing points a) to d) but we have to keep things in perspective given that the Tims were tame shite.

24 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Aye it was fair to have a go at the referee because he was useless. I can say that even though i'm not convinced mcgregor on hayes was a penalty, a red card or a foul. Yes, I see that the replay looked a lot worse than real time but I'm still not convinced.

There was plenty minor bloopers from collum though and turnbull is a stonewall red.

Hayes fell over after running out of legs, correct decision. Turnbull was a red, other way about it would have been, old firm bias.

41 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

I'll start with a couple of specific examples:

(1) Your defence/support of Derek McInnes.

(2) Your continual slating of Dean Campbell

Well you clearly haven’t been paying attention as I agreed that McInnes had to go and I’ve given Campbell praise when he’s played well. Any more non-examples? 

2 minutes ago, Roberto said:

The key to this also, and we as fans are very stupid when it comes to this.

However Ramsay will have bad games, he is showing clear signs of being class but when he has bad games, we have to remember this beginning and remember he is a class player. Don't knock him, or his confidence when he has a bad game.

Our fans did this with Campbell and now look at him? Pulling the strings and his vision is exceptional. What I like about him is his football brain, I've seen him in a couple Celtic games now, and he knows what they are about to do before Celtic do it and before our defenders realise what is about to happen, his positioning is potentially the best in our team right now. He has what it takes.

Stop knocking these young lads. The stick local loons take as well is an absolute disgrace. If the club is changing, so does the mentality of our fans.

Good posting. 

Fans are bad for it, myself included. Everyone cries out for more youth but many don't have the patience to accept they won't always play well whilst they develop. 

I would go with McKenzie and Ramsay as full backs come next season. 

6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Wrong. Also if you can’t handle that other people have opinions that differ from yours then this is probably not an ideal place for you.

Yeah. That's it mate. Everyone thinks you just love being a contrarian because they can't handle you having a different opinion... 

23 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Woods distribution is miles ahead of Lewis’. Lewis has McInnes tactics ingrained in his head with slowing it down every time he gets the ball. 

I think we could possibly get some money for rent a ghost. He is clearly McInnes s man and could go wherever he goes or somewhere else. Frees up a wage whatever. 

1 minute ago, Roberto said:

The key to this also, and we as fans are very stupid when it comes to this.

However Ramsay will have bad games, he is showing clear signs of being class but when he has bad games, we have to remember this beginning and remember he is a class player. Don't knock him, or his confidence when he has a bad game.

Our fans did this with Campbell and now look at him? Pulling the strings and his vision is exceptional. What I like about him is his football brain, I've seen him in a couple Celtic games now, and he knows what they are about to do before Celtic do it and before our defenders realise what is about to happen, his positioning is potentially the best in our team right now. He has what it takes.

Stop knocking these young lads. The stick local loons take as well is an absolute disgrace. If the club is changing, so does the mentality of our fans.

Agree with the sentiments... but we all know this won't happen.  After a few bad games, or a run of poor form (which will happen because he is a young lad) our fans will be slating him.... Millertime will also inevitably chime in, saying he 'looks THICK' and has 'narrow shoulders'.

21 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

Agree with the sentiments... but we all know this won't happen.  After a few bad games, or a run of poor form (which will happen because he is a young lad) our fans will be slating him.... Millertime will also inevitably chime in, saying he 'looks THICK' and has 'narrow shoulders'.

He’s not wrong with McLennan to be fair. He hasn’t got what it takes.

31 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Good posting. 

Fans are bad for it, myself included. Everyone cries out for more youth but many don't have the patience to accept they won't always play well whilst they develop. 

I would go with McKenzie and Ramsay as full backs come next season. 

Can't talk for others but the youth players get a lot more leeway with me than journeyman shite like Main, Taylor and Ojo

13 hours ago, donswin1983 said:

Point well made on stopping the cross, but it wasn’t as if he was on the byline crossing it. From memory he was about 25 yards out. The centre half’s should’ve either held a higher line or picked up the runner and they didn’t. Reminded me a bit of the Harry Kane equaliser against Scotland..

Either that or I’m just defending the young lad, who looks a phenomenal prospect..

Aye.  Our defence were too deep and almost on top of the goalkeeper. 

Tired legs but we let them cross too easily as well. 

Also would expect my goalie to take charge of the 6 yard box but as I said the defenders were blocking him as they were so deep. 

Collective responsibility rather than blaming any individual for me. 

8 minutes ago, Pye1903 said:

Cant help but rage at how incompentitent willie collum is. Prob slighty biased here but mcgregor amd turnbull should have both seen red and i cant help but feel if the roles were reversed we would have finished with 9 on the park 

The Turnbull one is unbelievable really. I remember Son of Spurs getting sent off against Chelsea a couple of Years ago for swinging his foot and making no contact yet this guy makes full contact 2 yards from Collum and gets a Yellow this only happens in Scotland with the Cheeks

3 hours ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Well you clearly haven’t been paying attention as I agreed that McInnes had to go and I’ve given Campbell praise when he’s played well. Any more non-examples? 

Did you fuck. When you spouted nonsense about him a while back about not playing any forward passes and not creating chances for the team, I put up a video of him doing exactly that, and the only thing you mentioned in the reply was a bad clearance he had. 

It's just really weird behaviour tbh

3 hours ago, Parklife said:

Yeah. That's it mate. Everyone thinks you just love being a contrarian because they can't handle you having a different opinion... 

Any more specific examples of this? Other than your own lack of comprehension?

12 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Did you fuck. When you spouted nonsense about him a while back about not playing any forward passes and not creating chances for the team, I put up a video of him doing exactly that, and the only thing you mentioned in the reply was a bad clearance he had. 

It's just really weird behaviour tbh

Ah so that was you, I see you are still being an obsessive creep then. FYI I didn’t say anything about not playing any forward passes. I’ve been completely honest about him since day one and I’ve said I would like to be proven wrong and it’s looking like I will be. I praised the things he did well in the video and criticised the things he did wrong. You took it all personally as you seem to do with everything Dean Campbell related and now you are on some kind of mission to try and one-up me. Pathetic much? How will you cope when we are back in the stadium and someone shouts “you’re shite” at Dean Campbell? Burst into tears? Tell a steward? Follow them around an Internet forum?

55 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Any more specific examples of this? Other than your own lack of comprehension?

Ah so that was you, I see you are still being an obsessive creep then. FYI I didn’t say anything about not playing any forward passes. I’ve been completely honest about him since day one and I’ve said I would like to be proven wrong and it’s looking like I will be. I praised the things he did well in the video and criticised the things he did wrong. You took it all personally as you seem to do with everything Dean Campbell related and now you are on some kind of mission to try and one-up me. Pathetic much? How will you cope when we are back in the stadium and someone shouts “you’re shite” at Dean Campbell? 

That'll probably be me 

• Haha 1