Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Just now, Big Hat Logan said:

So just to be clear, you’re saying Scott Brown quite happily let himself and his teammates put in a half-arsed performance?

I would say Celtic were very poor (it happens) but yet Aberdeen still couldn't beat them.

You sit off players, and drop back (seen that before) then you know what happens... It was coming.

A terrible TERRIBLE Celtic performance with nothing to play for. Going through the motions waiting for a new manager, still couldn't beat them.

I hope Cormack has deep pockets, cause the quicker Glass implements his OWN team the fucking better. These cunts (barring a few players) still have the McInnes-ball in mind.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Logiemink said:

Willie Miller saying the same.

I rest my case then.

Give all the dildo's on the bonnets on my posts all you want.

When you have God agreeing with you, I know I'm talking sense.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, sooth_stander said:

How?

Griffiths headed it inside the 6 yard box without having to jump.

Keeper should have commanded that area.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I would say Celtic were very poor (it happens) but yet Aberdeen still couldn't beat them.

You sit off players, and drop back (seen that before) then you know what happens... It was coming.

A terrible TERRIBLE Celtic performance with nothing to play for. Going through the motions waiting for a new manager, still couldn't beat them.

I hope Cormack has deep pockets, cause the quicker Glass implements his OWN team the fucking better. These cunts (barring a few players) still have the McInnes-ball in mind.

As good or bad as Celtic were, we actually looked like we were up for the fight for once. That's a massive improvement on the gutlessness McInnes instilled into the team. 

As we kick out his shite and replace them we might actually be competitive again. 

Score was irrelevant really, and Celtic dominated us no less than they usually do, particularly that second half. 

Not giving a fuck if we win lose or draw, though, I thought that would disappear with McInnes', but apparently not. 

😃

  • Upvote 2
  • Dildo on Bonnet 2

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Roberto said:

I would say Celtic were very poor (it happens) but yet Aberdeen still couldn't beat them.

You sit off players, and drop back (seen that before) then you know what happens... It was coming.

A terrible TERRIBLE Celtic performance with nothing to play for. Going through the motions waiting for a new manager, still couldn't beat them.

I hope Cormack has deep pockets, cause the quicker Glass implements his OWN team the fucking better. These cunts (barring a few players) still have the McInnes-ball in mind.

Celtic were poor in the first half, but we were good. High tempo and a genuine threat. I take your point about could’ve beaten them but didn’t , but I’m optimistic because we should’ve been them tonight and it’s not often we say that in games v Celtic.

We got a bit deep at times in the second half, but we always carried a threat. Given the shite we have watched for some time now, I think we should allow ourselves to be optimistic.

we do need players and I’m sure we will invest over the summer. However, in the main that was good tonight for the most part.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

We were really good most of the first half.  Put them under pressure and played in their half. 

Sat back a bit too much second half.  Wasn't helped by bringing McGeouch on for an attacking player. Hornby might have been a better choice in hindsight. 

We looked tired towards the end. 

More positives than negatives though.  Still early days. 

Ferguson looked interested again which was welcome.  The younger guys like Ramsay and Campbell also looked assured in possession. 

And a wee shout out for Hendry. Put in a good shift tonight. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

As good or bad as Celtic were, we actually looked like we were up for the fight for once. That's a massive improvement on the gutlessness McInnes instilled into the team. 

As we kick out his shite and replace them we might actually be competitive again. 

Score was irrelevant really, and Celtic dominated us no less than they usually do, particularly that second half. 

Not giving a fuck if we win lose or draw, though, I thought that would disappear with McInnes', but apparently not. 

😃

Surely you don't believe that?

 

They had lots of the ball but we created a similar amount of chances to them. I wouldn't say tonights game was anything like the usual tripe we see against Celtic. We were far braver in possession, especially with Woods zinging it to the full backs, and I thought we pressed when we had to a lot better. 

Glass has only been in the door a week, give him a couple more months with a decent group of core players, the ability to  make moves in the transfer market, and I think we'll be just fine. 

Just about every aspect of our play tonight was an improvement on McInnes' approach v Celtic. A loss of concentration near the end cost us, but we could've had 3/4 goals tonight with the clear cut chances we created, how often could we say that against Celtic under McInnes?

Gutted not to win but happy to see positive changes in the approach.

Edited by ConsiCanBoogie1903

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

The “technician” played well again.

@Millertime well and truly in the mud.

Yep he was great, long may it continue 

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Surely you don't believe that?

 

They had lots of the ball but we created a similar amount of chances to them. I wouldn't say tonights game was anything like the usual tripe we see against Celtic. We were far braver in possession, especially with Woods zinging it to the full backs, and I thought we pressed when we had to a lot better. 

Glass has only been in the door a week, give him a couple more months with a decent group of core players, the ability to bring make moves in the transfer market, and I think we'll be just fine. 

Just about every aspect of our play tonight was an improvement on McInnes' approach v Celtic. A lose of concentration near the end cost us, but we could've had 3/4 goals tonight with the clear cut chances we created, how often could we say that against Celtic under McInnes?

Gutted not to win but happy to see positive changes in the approach.

Celtic were woeful in that first half, slowest I've seen them start a game to be fair. We went at them and created chances, but as bad as Celtic were they also created chances, and as the game wore on we fell further and further back until we were just way too deep in the way we always end up. 

By the latter stages it was just Celtic pounding us. Same as it ever was.

I don't blame Glass for that... 

The primary difference for me was our intent. It looked like we thought we could beat them, and we might very well have done that.

That' can't be overstated. We looked like we thought we could beat them.

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Quite a few positives to take from that.

There is no way McInnes would ever have played Ramsay or MacKenzie at full back v Celtic. He would have much rather have been signing shite like Halford and Leigh.

Created a number of good chances, Ferguson really should have buried the one he hit the post with.

The big negative is we yet again fail to keep a shut out v Celtic.

 

Share this post


Link to post
51 minutes ago, Millertime said:

What?

Yet again he fucking costs us, this time losing Griffiths 

One of the golden rules for full backs....

Do everything you can to stop the cross coming in in the first place.

 If anything the young lad was more to “blame”?

 

Share this post


Link to post
9 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

One of the golden rules for full backs....

Do everything you can to stop the cross coming in in the first place.

 If anything the young lad was more to “blame”?

 

Point well made on stopping the cross, but it wasn’t as if he was on the byline crossing it. From memory he was about 25 yards out. The centre half’s should’ve either held a higher line or picked up the runner and they didn’t. Reminded me a bit of the Harry Kane equaliser against Scotland..

Either that or I’m just defending the young lad, who looks a phenomenal prospect..

Share this post


Link to post

That's third place finally gone.

I wasn't distraught when the equaliser went in as i didnt really believe we could do it but if we'd won we would have had a right good chance all dependent on st johnstone getting a result against hibs.

heyho league season over but we can keep some meaning to the last games by winning on Sunday.

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

That's third place finally gone.

I wasn't distraught when the equaliser went in as i didnt really believe we could do it but if we'd won we would have had a right good chance all dependent on st johnstone getting a result against hibs.

heyho league season over but we can keep some meaning to the last games by winning on Sunday.

 

How is it gone?

Beat hibs, it's 3 points in it and we still play Livi,  "rangers" and St Johnstone?

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, Millertime said:

How is it gone?

Beat hibs, it's 3 points in it and we still play Livi,  "rangers" and St Johnstone?

Played st johnstone in Sheerin's final game min.

Share this post


Link to post
Just now, Millertime said:

How is it gone?

Beat hibs, it's 3 points in it and we still play Livi,  "rangers" and St Johnstone?

eh? weve already beaten st johnstone. they are 6 points + GD ahead with 9 points to play for.

We are in to snookers now

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)
3 minutes ago, Millertime said:

How is it gone?

Beat hibs, it's 3 points in it and we still play Livi,  "rangers" and St Johnstone?

Highly, Highly unlikely.

6 points behind plus the goal difference, they realistically just need 1 point .

Edited by afc1903mad

Share this post


Link to post

anyways hopefully the huns lose in the scottish cup and then there is no difference between third and fourth

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

anyways hopefully the huns lose in the scottish cup and then there is no difference between third and fourth

Huns lose the Scottish cup, then the winner goes into the group stages.

Better if we win it 😝

Share this post


Link to post
17 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

Point well made on stopping the cross, but it wasn’t as if he was on the byline crossing it. From memory he was about 25 yards out. The centre half’s should’ve either held a higher line or picked up the runner and they didn’t. Reminded me a bit of the Harry Kane equaliser against Scotland..

Either that or I’m just defending the young lad, who looks a phenomenal prospect..

Aye fair point.

It was about level with the box so maybe a higher line would’ve helped. 

Even a yard or two. 

Human nature I suppose, 93rd minute, heavy legs, you retreat towards your goal to defend the goal.

And I’m not having a go at the young lad Ramsay at all. He’s a good prospect.

Nreds to build his fitness though. He came off with cramp after 65 mins against Dumbarton & was blowing at the end tonight after about 75 minutes on the pitch. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Millertime said:

How is it gone?

Beat hibs, it's 3 points in it and we still play Livi,  "rangers" and St Johnstone?

What?

We’ve played St Johnstone already.

Livi (a), Hibs (h) & scum (a).

The goal difference is another point to Hibs.

They're effectively 7 ahead. 
Even if they lose all 3, we need to win all 3.

It’s not “gone” but it’s hugely unlikely. 

Share this post


Link to post
14 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Huns lose the Scottish cup, then the winner goes into the group stages.

Better if we win it 😝

Well aye was meaning huns out at the weekend and then at that point it would be known that third is irrelevant and its all on the cup

Share this post


Link to post

We played well, few outstanding performances, Considine, Deano, Wood, Ramsay. Hayes run out of legs when he should have scored. Overall not too bad, something to build on, we look better as a unit.

Share this post


Link to post

I think it Glass had actually made that McLennan sub in 91 or 92 mins that could have been enough to disrupt the game, stop for a breather and see us through

Share this post


Link to post

Deano best game in a dons shirt for me, positive with the ball, not taking the easy option, good to see. 

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...