Sign in to follow this  
Roberto

Dean Campbell Appreciation Thread

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

I've thought about it.

Still our best player.

Especially with Considine being injured.

Best player is a bit much wasn’t even the best player in the team on Saturday before his fuck up 

Young Dean needs a run of games alongside Brown. I have no doubt he would really benefit from that.  Feel sorry for the loon being thrown in at the back.  Id have him in midfield before Ferguson at the moment.  Just my opinion mind......

1 minute ago, jamiesd said:

Young Dean needs a run of games alongside Brown. I have no doubt he would really benefit from that.  Feel sorry for the loon being thrown in at the back.  Id have him in midfield before Ferguson at the moment.  Just my opinion mind......

I'd like to see all 3 in there for a run of games, once we're back up to full strength injury-wise. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I'd like to see all 3 in there for a run of games, once we're back up to full strength injury-wise. 

McGeouch has done enough to keep his place I'd say

11 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yeah. I agree. I just want Campbell to get a proper chance and think that if he were to play, we'd be most balanced with Campbell and Brown deeper and Ferguson further forward. 

1 hour ago, Parklife said:

Cannot remember the last time Aberdeen were injury-free or without players being suspended.

Jimmy Bonthrone days, perhaps?🤔

28 minutes ago, NEM said:

I’d say he’s been our best player since he got in the starting xi.

50 minutes ago, ferlaytio said:

I’d say he’s been our best player since he got in the starting xi.

I was genuinely bemused when he was substituted on Saturday 

7 minutes ago, ollie1903 said:

could it of been his head knock?  it was a strange one

3 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

could it of been his head knock?  it was a strange one

I thought he took a knock before going off but could be wrong 

58 minutes ago, ollie1903 said:

I always found the clubs usage of Mcgeouch baffling. He is a really solid technical player. Particular given we were after him for years and when we signed him( I appreciate he has had injury issues )promptly benched him.

Christ we were playing  Ojo ahead of him at one stage.

He has been one of our better performers recently albeit I don’t think he would have been playing much had it not been for all the injuries.

As I said baffling.

7 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I always found the clubs usage of Mcgeouch baffling. He is a really solid technical player. Particular given we were after him for years and when we signed him( I appreciate he has had injury issues )promptly benched him.

Christ we were playing  Ojo ahead of him at one stage.

He has been one of our better performers recently albeit I don’t think he would have been playing much had it not been for all the injuries.

As I said baffling.

I agree that he has been one of the better players of late. Scott Brown being the best.

If we're trying to play out from the back, through the middle, and trying to play a style where we move the ball around fast, McGeouch is by far our best option in midfield - he can take the ball under pressure, rarely gives it away, keeps it moving quickly, and reads the game very well. If Brown is playing at the back in a 3 (which I think he should for the time being), I'd have Ferguson and McGeouch as the 2 midfielders in front of them. Ojo, Jenks, Longstaff aren't even close to them - Campbell is probably the next choice.

So assuming Brown and McCrorie are playing at the back I'd say the pecking order for our midfield is McGeouch > Ferguson > Campbell > Ojo > Jenks / Longstaff both equally pointless.

11 hours ago, ollie1903 said:

I think the majority of us at the game thought the same.

7 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I think it was tactical to try and offer someone able to offer more in attack with the game more open at 10 players each.

McGeouch is very good at circulating the ball, but he would have thought Jenks would allow more opportunity to stretch United.

In hindsight he would have probably had been better replacing Watkins or Hedges who both had poor games by their standards

8 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I think the majority of us not at the game thought the same.

• Upvote 1