Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Roberto

Dean Campbell Appreciation Thread

Recommended Posts

3 hours ago, Roberto said:

I've thought about it.

Still our best player.

Especially with Considine being injured.

Best player is a bit much wasn’t even the best player in the team on Saturday before his fuck up 

Share this post


Link to post

Young Dean needs a run of games alongside Brown. I have no doubt he would really benefit from that.  Feel sorry for the loon being thrown in at the back.  Id have him in midfield before Ferguson at the moment.  Just my opinion mind......

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, jamiesd said:

Young Dean needs a run of games alongside Brown. I have no doubt he would really benefit from that.  Feel sorry for the loon being thrown in at the back.  Id have him in midfield before Ferguson at the moment.  Just my opinion mind......

I'd like to see all 3 in there for a run of games, once we're back up to full strength injury-wise. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I'd like to see all 3 in there for a run of games, once we're back up to full strength injury-wise. 

McGeouch has done enough to keep his place I'd say

Share this post


Link to post
11 minutes ago, NEM said:

McGeouch has done enough to keep his place I'd say

Yeah. I agree. I just want Campbell to get a proper chance and think that if he were to play, we'd be most balanced with Campbell and Brown deeper and Ferguson further forward. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Parklife said:

I'd like to see all 3 in there for a run of games, once we're back up to full strength injury-wise. 

Cannot remember the last time Aberdeen were injury-free or without players being suspended.

Jimmy Bonthrone days, perhaps?🤔

Share this post


Link to post
28 minutes ago, NEM said:

McGeouch has done enough to keep his place I'd say

I’d say he’s been our best player since he got in the starting xi.

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, ferlaytio said:

I’d say he’s been our best player since he got in the starting xi.

I was genuinely bemused when he was substituted on Saturday 

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, ollie1903 said:

I was genuinely bemused when he was substituted on Saturday 

could it of been his head knock?  it was a strange one

Share this post


Link to post
3 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

could it of been his head knock?  it was a strange one

I thought he took a knock before going off but could be wrong 

Share this post


Link to post
58 minutes ago, ollie1903 said:

I was genuinely bemused when he was substituted on Saturday 

I always found the clubs usage of Mcgeouch baffling. He is a really solid technical player. Particular given we were after him for years and when we signed him( I appreciate he has had injury issues )promptly benched him.

Christ we were playing  Ojo ahead of him at one stage.

He has been one of our better performers recently albeit I don’t think he would have been playing much had it not been for all the injuries.

As I said baffling.

Share this post


Link to post
7 minutes ago, Kilgore Trout said:

I always found the clubs usage of Mcgeouch baffling. He is a really solid technical player. Particular given we were after him for years and when we signed him( I appreciate he has had injury issues )promptly benched him.

Christ we were playing  Ojo ahead of him at one stage.

He has been one of our better performers recently albeit I don’t think he would have been playing much had it not been for all the injuries.

As I said baffling.

I agree that he has been one of the better players of late. Scott Brown being the best.

Share this post


Link to post

If we're trying to play out from the back, through the middle, and trying to play a style where we move the ball around fast, McGeouch is by far our best option in midfield - he can take the ball under pressure, rarely gives it away, keeps it moving quickly, and reads the game very well. If Brown is playing at the back in a 3 (which I think he should for the time being), I'd have Ferguson and McGeouch as the 2 midfielders in front of them. Ojo, Jenks, Longstaff aren't even close to them - Campbell is probably the next choice.

So assuming Brown and McCrorie are playing at the back I'd say the pecking order for our midfield is McGeouch > Ferguson > Campbell > Ojo > Jenks / Longstaff both equally pointless.

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, ollie1903 said:

I was genuinely bemused when he was substituted on Saturday 

I think the majority of us at the game thought the same.

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I think the majority of us at the game thought the same.

I think it was tactical to try and offer someone able to offer more in attack with the game more open at 10 players each.

McGeouch is very good at circulating the ball, but he would have thought Jenks would allow more opportunity to stretch United.

In hindsight he would have probably had been better replacing Watkins or Hedges who both had poor games by their standards

Share this post


Link to post
8 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

I think the majority of us at the game thought the same.

I think the majority of us not at the game thought the same.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...