Just now, Joe pike said:

Just saying on the radio how Kamberi and Hornby are costing us a fortune in wages.

One of them said Kamberi was an optical illusion.

I genuinely thought Kamberi was/would be the best of a bad bunch but he is a luxury that needs binned for sure.

Clean sweep up front with exception to Anderson ? as 3rd/4th choice to prove he is worth another year’s contract & chance to work with Russel. 
two wingers would be nice. Kennedy is utter shite & McLennan is not any better. We could maybe still get a game from Ferguson/McCrorie with Browns help & McCrorie could fill at RB (if needed) but would imagine we need another CM as well. Maybe Cambell & Campbell ? defence we need two quality CH’s Considine as back up but keep him away from LB 

Ramsay & MacKenzie have chance to establish themselves as main FB’s if rest of team is strengthened but that’s a lot to ask of them after only just breaking through. We would be very lucky if BOTH were to be a success but none of them have been that poor yet that there isn’t hope.

We've known since late last year that any side that presses us causes us problems that we just cannot seem to overcome.

We retreat to playing passes along the back 4, into Ferguson/McCrorie/Campbell (delete as appropriate) and after a couple of touches/ricochets, it's passed back to the back 4 who are then pressed like fuck by the opposition and inevitably at best we lump a 60 yarder up the park or at worst we concede possession in a dangerous position.

But other teams just look fitter than us too

3 minutes ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Fucking pathetic! We had every chance in this cup, then we go and get hammered by these bastards. Is this really what we got rid of McInnes for? :banghead:

We really didn’t have every chance. This side was easily the worst left in it. Possibly even before last round

Just now, Chester Don said:

And that is a piss poor statement from Glass. He should actually have said we were outclassed, out fought, outplayed and that simply wasn’t good enough for AFC. 

You’re right.
It was a chance for him to lay a marker down for the standards he will be demanding by saying performances like that will not be acceptable. 

Then again I’m hoping the majority of them aren’t here in the first X1 next season. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye, agreed

And not like for like either. That’s concerning for next season.

Having a preferred formation is fine, but when it’s getting torn a new arsehole, you try another formation. 

Needed to at least make a tactical change after about 15 minutes when it was obvious they were getting the freedom of our left side.  Even if it was just to tell Hayes to sit in for a while. 

4 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Then flapped his arms in the air looking for free kicks. Majorly at fault for the first goal when he coughed up possession far too easily.

That & Considine going too far inside & leaving an easy pass to McNulty. 

Where the fuck was Hayes though? We aren't playing 3 at the back any more. He was missing in action

2 minutes ago, Kittybrewster Loon said:

Fucking pathetic! We had every chance in this cup, then we go and get hammered by these bastards. Is this really what we got rid of McInnes for? :banghead:

Maybe I'm cynical but Cormack's agenda was to get his own man in. The problem now is for things to get better they may have to get even worse.

A lot oh hyperbole re Glass on here. 

Glass or McInnes, this team were always capable of an appalling result like this. 

I don't think its fair to question Glass at this juncture, when we know there'll be wholesale changes in the Summer. This game was just the epitome of a terrible season, that started to rot the minute St.Mirren beat us in the League Cup QF.

I think Glass deserves some credit for sticking with his preferred method of play. It's a bit of an acid test, and it'll show him who can adapt and who cant. There are a fair few who can't, and they'll have to go. 

I'm not panicking at all, he needs time.

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Glass or McInnes, this team were always capable of an appalling result like this. 

I don't think its fair to question Glass at this juncture, when we know there'll be wholesale changes in the Summer. This game was just the epitome of a terrible season, that started to rot the minute St.Mirren beat us in the League Cup QF.

I think Glass deserves some credit for sticking with his preferred method of play. It's a bit of an acid test, and it'll show him who can adapt and who cant. There are a fair few who can't, and they'll have to go. 

Nobody is panicking Consi. 

Just questioning whether he made the right calls today as manager during the game. 

Which I think it's fair to say he didn't. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If there isn’t massive investment we will undoubtedly be bottom 6. 
No question. 

This current side couldn’t compete with the bottom six sides in a relegation dogfight.

That is scary as fk reality & shows just how much of a clear out is needed.

No sympathy for any that get binned really. Not any (youngsters excluded) that are exempt from axe

5 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Deek would have us in the semi final, we killed the golden goose.

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Nobody is panicking Consi. 

Just questioning whether he made the right calls today as manager during the game. 

Which I think it's fair to say he didn't. 

I do think he could've brought on Hornby and went more direct at half time, even then though, how much difference that would've made, I don't know. 

It's such a cliche and I hate it, but a huge reason why we lost today were a lack of appetite and desire from our players. Epitomised by the second goal, Campbell shirks, others don't even try and affect the play. 

Anyone who's played football, at juvenile, amateur, junior, professional, whatever, everyone knows that if you can't win the header try after the play and put the man off. They all watched him rise above and plant it in the net. 

I hate this team of wimps. 

It's been said on here a few quality additions to the squad (with practically everyone out of contract being released) plus going with youth is the way forward. Well we saw today that Ramsay isn't ready. Campbell, more worryingly, also. MacKenzie has looked ok so far although cost us a goal a few weeks back.

I think we have to choose ONE of those players for next season and make them first choice. But if we go with all 3 as regulars we could get embarrassed. Even with one of them, we have to accept there will be mistakes made that likely cost us points. My preference would be MacKenzie, but wouldn't argue if it's Campbell. The other 2 can still pick up game time, just not as regular starters and of course Ramsay has plenty time on his side as he's a good bit younger than the other 2.