2 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

I do think he could've brought on Hornby and went more direct at half time, even then though, how much difference that would've made, I don't know. 

It's such a cliche and I hate it, but a huge reason why we lost today were a lack of appetite and desire from our players. Epitomised by the second goal, Campbell shirks, others don't even try and affect the play. 

Anyone who's played football, at juvenile, amateur, junior, professional, whatever, everyone knows that if you can't win the header try after the play and put the man off. They all watched him rise above and plant it in the net. 

I hate this team of wimps. 

Actually thought the young rb was poor for the 2nd goal , lets the goal scorer dominate him . Mind you should have been Hobans job 

Glass cannot be blamed for this surely, he more or less said this mob isn't fit enough for 3 hard games in a week and that the way he wants to play which is probably similar to how United played cannot be coached in a Fortnight, you cannot legislate for the way the likes of Hayes, Hoban and Considine defended Today and you could also see exactly why he wants Brown in there

3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

It's been said on here a few quality additions to the squad (with practically everyone out of contract being released) plus going with youth is the way forward. Well we saw today that Ramsay isn't ready. Campbell, more worryingly, also. MacKenzie has looked ok so far although cost us a goal a few weeks back.

I think we have to choose ONE of those players for next season and make them first choice. But if we go with all 3 as regulars we could get embarrassed. Even with one of them, we have to accept there will be mistakes made that likely cost us points. My preference would be MacKenzie, but wouldn't argue if it's Campbell. The other 2 can still pick up game time, just not as regular starters and of course Ramsay has plenty time on his side as he's a good bit younger than the other 2.

If his dad didn't post on here he'd be slaughtered, was horrific today, good against Celtic in a nothing game. Not good enough long term,  loan then we'll see.

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, redstrummer said:

Actually thought the young rb was poor for the 2nd goal , lets the goal scorer dominate him . Mind you should have been Hobans job 

They were all poor for that goal. I noticed in the replay Campbell had shirked. 

Pathetic, anyway. 

3 hours ago, Stoneybloke said:

That is totally unacceptable. Does he still think he's dealing with a bunch of American college kids?

American college kids would be a fuck sight fitter than this squad. 

Yank sport take their fitness seriously, unlike the mob of pie-eating slackers you get passing as athletes in Scotland. 

16 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I’d rather get put out now than see the scum take 6 off us, which on the evidence of today, they would. 

This. A very sore wake up call but maybe a necessary one. Still cautiously optimistic about Glass & Brown so see what close season brings. Cormack doesn’t really have the option not to back him. Whatever you think of Cormack he’s not Wiggy & can’t see that giant ego wanting to be seen as an unsuccessful Dons CEO 

1 minute ago, Ke1t said:

American college kids would be a fuck sight fitter than this squad. 

Yank sport take their fitness seriously, unlike the mob of pie-eating slackers you get passing as athletes in Scotland. 

Mon ti fuck Kelt. 

They are morbidly obese guys playing in the NFL who pass as as "athletes." 

13 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Glass cannot be blamed for this surely, he more or less said this mob isn't fit enough for 3 hard games in a week and that the way he wants to play which is probably similar to how United played cannot be coached in a Fortnight, you cannot legislate for the way the likes of Hayes, Hoban and Considine defended Today and you could also see exactly why he wants Brown in there

Maybe he needs to modify the way he wants to play based on the personnel that he currently has available to him?

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Who that’s coming to the end of their contract would you keep?

Not one I don’t think 

MAYBE Ethan Ross and Virtonen. Woods the goalie.

Hoban can’t play under the method that Glass wants. He’s not a ball playing centre half. Very few are. Even Sevco don’t play that way (out from the back) Which teams do; Man City, Man Utd, Barca?

2 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Maybe he needs to modify the way he wants to play based on the personnel that he currently has available to him?

......and if they're not fit enough for 3 games in a week rest some of them against Celtic like Mellon did v Killie.

Major doubts I had about Glass have returned after that shit show today

• Upvote 1
Just now, NEM said:

......and if they're not fit enough for 3 games in a week rest some of them against Celtic like Mellon did v Killie.

Major doubts I had about Glass have returned after that shit show today

Said at the time, Hayes and McGinn shouldn’t have played v The Tim’s. Might have made fuck all difference, who knows.

33 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

There is nothing to be gained by SG slaughtering this shower in the media 75% will be away in 5-6 weeks time, never to darken our door again. We have in reality one point to play for this season to ensure 4th

Aye that’s the problem, with Livi, Hibs and Sevco to play can you see this lot having the balls to earn a point in any of those 3 games?

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Said at the time, Hayes and McGinn shouldn’t have played v The Tim’s. Might have made fuck all difference, who knows.

I think Hayes is a shadow of the player he was 1st  time round but he has also been hung out to dry..

Been forced to play every game this season at full back and also asked to bomb up and down the pitch.

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Sevco certainly won't be signing Ferguson for cash on the strength of his performances this season. 

Even if it gets to the stage he's going out of contract, he will have to buck up his ideas considerably for them to show any interest

Isn’t that the point though, he will be available for less given this seasons performances. I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs for them and suddenly turns into the player we know he is.

1 hour ago, Woody21 said:

AGREE.

DC is a chancer, with money, which he will have to spend pretty damn fast to help his mate to be successful.

Otherwise we will be bottom six next season, heading for the Championship before too long.

Just shows you how shite Celtic must be at present.

Hysterical nonsense.

37 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

If there isn’t massive investment we will undoubtedly be bottom 6. 
No question. 

More hysterical nonsense 

35 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

A lot oh hyperbole re Glass on here. 

Glass or McInnes, this team were always capable of an appalling result like this. 

I don't think its fair to question Glass at this juncture, when we know there'll be wholesale changes in the Summer. This game was just the epitome of a terrible season, that started to rot the minute St.Mirren beat us in the League Cup QF.

I think Glass deserves some credit for sticking with his preferred method of play. It's a bit of an acid test, and it'll show him who can adapt and who cant. There are a fair few who can't, and they'll have to go. 

I'm not panicking at all, he needs time.

Good post and I agree.

22 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

That is totally unacceptable. Does he still think he's dealing with a bunch of American college kids?

It’s weird the way you only appear when the team loses and spout a load of negativity.

• Downvote 3
2 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Isn’t that the point though, he will be available for less given this seasons performances. I wouldn’t be surprised if he signs for them and suddenly turns into the player we know he is.

Hysterical nonsense.

More hysterical nonsense 

Good post and I agree.

It’s weird the way you only appear when the team loses and spout a load of negativity.

Hysterical nonsense you say?

Suggest you look at the statistics from November to end of April.

We’re bottom 6 comfortably.

So unless there’s investment that’s where we’ll be.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1