3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Oh I'm nae too sure about that

Ramsay deserves to stay in on merit but the Cup has become our chance of salvaging something out of a pretty much written off season 2 months back. 2 raw rookies playing alongside each other in the backline would be a risk too far for me. I'd rather risk an 80% fit Taylor (if he breaks down during the match fair enough we then have no choice but to bring on a youngster. Taylor's leaving anyway so if it happens then bad luck)

Is he moving on?

sounded like he was keen to get back and impress Glass for a new deal

36 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Is he moving on?

sounded like he was keen to get back and impress Glass for a new deal

I'm only going by what was said on here a few weeks back, that him and India wanted to move back south for family reasons. Can't remember who said it but I had no reason to doubt the veracity of their claim.

1 hour ago, Millertime said:

Thats the exact kind of thinking mcinnes got roasted for 

I absolutely do think we should be taking a look at the youngsters in the remaining league matches. Just not the cup.........I realise that sevco are heavy favourites and that it's an outside shot that we could win it but we must give it our complete focus as the reward for winning it is so great. 

19 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why not in a game like this? 

Do you think we missed McCrorie at right back against Celtic when he went off injured? 

Sometimes you've got to be brave if you want to win things 

Agree, he certainly offers more going forwards.  Puts in a great cross.

34 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Why not in a game like this? 

Do you think we missed McCrorie at right back against Celtic when he went off injured? 

Sometimes you've got to be brave if you want to win things 

We never really missed McRorie when he went off, no and Ramsay likely did better going forward. I think McCorie might have done better at celtics goal though. Maybe stop the cross coming in? All hear say of course.

I agree to a point in being brave but Ramsay is just 17 and plays in a position where there is little or no room for error. I just think McCrorie is a "safer" pair of hands in what will be a season defining game. 

If McCrorie is fit he will likely start is my point. Ramsay looks to have a great future and has done great so far but its a balacing act. 

4 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

We never really missed McRorie when he went off, no and Ramsay likely did better going forward. I think McCorie might have done better at celtics goal though. Maybe stop the cross coming in? All hear say of course.

I agree to a point in being brave but Ramsay is just 17 and plays in a position where there is little or no room for error. I just think McCrorie is a "safer" pair of hands in what will be a season defining game. 

If McCrorie is fit he will likely start is my point. Ramsay looks to have a great future and has done great so far but its a balacing act. 

Fair enough. 

I'd rather take the risk as I think the reward is greater in an attacking sense as well as keeping possession. 

Ramsay keeps his place in the side for me. Offers far more than McCrorie in an attacking sense and more mobile . 

Even if McCrorie is fully fit, I still wouldn't be immediately restoring him into midfield either. His recent form has been generally shite.......with occasional glimpses of improvement to mediocrity. McGeouch deserves a run out ahead of him.

• Upvote 1
12 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Ramsay keeps his place in the side for me. Offers far more than McCrorie in an attacking sense and more mobile . 

Even if McCrorie is fully fit, I still wouldn't be immediately restoring him into midfield either. His recent form has been generally shite.......with occasional glimpses of improvement to mediocrity. McGeouch deserves a run out ahead of him.

He's got a problem I think if he wants to be a first team regular in one position here rather than a utility man. 

The ultimate McInnes poster boy signing.  Can do a half decent job in a number of positions but not good enough to improve the side in any one position.  But will run all day. 

Will pick up plenty of games due to injuries in a number of positions but he's a decent squad player for me. 

1 minute ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He's got a problem I think if he wants to be a first team regular in one position here rather than a utility man. 

Aye. Ferguson, Campbell and Brown will be ahead of him and McGeouch in midfield next season you'd think and Ramsay will be at RB (with possibly Ronnie back too in the winter). 

With Consi getting on and Taylor and possibly Hoban away I wonder if he could just concentrate on being a centre half?

Not fussed if he's going to be a utility player tbh. You need 1 or 2 of them in a squad. Its a problem when you have a squad full of them like McInnes liked.

Just now, Betty Swallicks said:

Aye. Ferguson, Campbell and Brown will be ahead of him and McGeouch in midfield next season you'd think and Ramsay will be at RB (with possibly Ronnie back too in the winter). 

With Consi getting on and Taylor and possibly Hoban away I wonder if he could just concentrate on being a centre half?

Not fussed if he's going to be a utility player tbh. You need 1 or 2 of them in a squad. Its a problem when you have a squad full of them like McInnes liked.

Aye. He's a bit like having our very own Phil Neville 

• Haha 2