Europe 21/22

14 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Just looking through twitter and I see some clever clogs has pointed out Plzen and PAOK are seeded in QR4 so on balance probably best to take our chances with one of them.

None of those seeded sides seem as good as ones we've faced previously in QR3, but yeah from a seeding point of view those are the two to get (and beat)

3 minutes ago, davieb said:

None of those seeded sides seem as good as ones we've faced previously in QR3, but yeah from a seeding point of view those are the two to get (and beat)

they are not quite Sporting CP but PAOK and Plzen are very good teams who will likely put Aberdeen/Hacken out.

Austria Vienna would be a good draw assuming we will be getting papped oot anyway

19 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

they are not quite Sporting CP but PAOK and Plzen are very good teams who will likely put Aberdeen/Hacken out.

Austria Vienna would be a good draw assuming we will be getting papped oot anyway

Why? No away fans allowed to the qualifying rounds 

27 minutes ago, NEM said:

Why? No away fans allowed to the qualifying rounds 

None of those teams are a big enough name to say lets just play them (at a full pittodrie) and then get papped out.

Austria Vienna is a comparable team so a chance to beat them and pull a Roma/Spurs in QR4 is better I say than pulling Plzen and dreaming of beating them to play a 'weak' side like Maribor in Qr4. 

But aye no away fans is confirmed for Qr1 to Qr4. 

10 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I think it could be better draws than weve seen in QR3 in Europa the last 7-8 years.

They didnt qualify for europe last year, and the season before they were beat home and away in the first game, and they didn't qualify the year before that. 

Prior to that though they were regularly in the  Europa League and Champions League groups.

in the 19/20 season, there were beaten 2-1 and home and 3-1 away from home to Apollon Limmasol, so will be a tough match, but potentially doable

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Gutted about no fans to away games. Would definitely have went to this one. I've been to Vienna nearly 20 years ago, absolutely fantastic city for a short break, if a bit expensive compared to its near neighbours Prague and Budapest.

Great city! Can still go, try and get a ticket for home end or watch it in a bar, the game is usually the worst part of the trip anyway, hangover kicking at by HT.

I checked out flights and Covid requirements yesterday and its straight forward for fully vaccinated folk. See fit happens on Thursday in our and their game. 

Said since Feb/mar that the Glass experiment would stand and fall on the Euro qualifying rounds.  Winning is fine obvs.  Losing but looking like we’re prepared and know what the fuck we’re doing for the league I’d begrudgingly accept.  But Ill prepared, undercooked and most worryingly seemingly complete but with glaringly obvious holes will see him managerially swimming with da fishes.

17 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Great city! Can still go, try and get a ticket for home end or watch it in a bar, the game is usually the worst part of the trip anyway, hangover kicking at by HT.

I checked out flights and Covid requirements yesterday and its straight forward for fully vaccinated folk. See fit happens on Thursday in our and their game. 

Where's your link for that. when I checked the UK was not on their exemption list and therefore there was still a quarantine requirement