Europe 21/22

8 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Gutted about no fans to away games. Would definitely have went to this one. I've been to Vienna nearly 20 years ago, absolutely fantastic city for a short break, if a bit expensive compared to its near neighbours Prague and Budapest.

Great city! Can still go, try and get a ticket for home end or watch it in a bar, the game is usually the worst part of the trip anyway, hangover kicking at by HT.

I checked out flights and Covid requirements yesterday and its straight forward for fully vaccinated folk. See fit happens on Thursday in our and their game. 

Said since Feb/mar that the Glass experiment would stand and fall on the Euro qualifying rounds.  Winning is fine obvs.  Losing but looking like we’re prepared and know what the fuck we’re doing for the league I’d begrudgingly accept.  But Ill prepared, undercooked and most worryingly seemingly complete but with glaringly obvious holes will see him managerially swimming with da fishes.

17 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Great city! Can still go, try and get a ticket for home end or watch it in a bar, the game is usually the worst part of the trip anyway, hangover kicking at by HT.

I checked out flights and Covid requirements yesterday and its straight forward for fully vaccinated folk. See fit happens on Thursday in our and their game. 

Where's your link for that. when I checked the UK was not on their exemption list and therefore there was still a quarantine requirement

15 minutes ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Looks fine for me.

List of Countries Without Quarantine Requirement:

Cyprus

UK disnae look so straightforward.

b) Travellers from virus variant areas

Currently, these include Botswana, Brazil, Eswatini, India, Lesotho, Malawi, Mozambique, Namibia, Nepal, Russia, South Africa, the United Kingdom, Uruguay, Zambia and Zimbabwe

Travel for certain purposes only (e.g. business travel, medical reasons etc.)

Need to register digitally in advance to obtain pre-travel clearance, required to show proof at the border (either digitally or as a hard copy). Find more information on the pre-travel clearance here and find the form you need to fill in before travelling here.

Negative PCR test (NOT antigen test) no older than 72 h required

10-day quarantine (can take test after 5 days to end quarantine early)

https://www.austria.info/en/service-and-facts/coronavirus-information/entry-regulations

9 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Gutted about no fans to away games. Would definitely have went to this one. I've been to Vienna nearly 20 years ago, absolutely fantastic city for a short break, if a bit expensive compared to its near neighbours Prague and Budapest.

It’s only a couple of hours drive from Bratislava which is probably one of the best cities in Europe. 

9 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

It’s only a couple of hours drive from Bratislava which is probably one of the best cities in Europe. 

From 9 July, new entry requirements apply.

If you are travelling directly from the UK or any other non-Schengen country to Slovakia, UK nationals may only enter if you are one of the following:

• a resident in Slovakia
  • a close relative of residents
  • a close relative of Slovak citizens
  • commercial transport personnel
  • a student studying in Slovakia
  • you fall under certain limited exemptions

Brexit working wonders again. ;)

My first thoughts of concern with our new manager he has kept the team and training secret to stop BK  getting a look at our style and formation 

I thought this went out with the ark , we have played teams that we’ve hardly seen and had positive results ! 
just be more honest and admit our pre- season has been dire for various reasons 

to quote Sutton “ your better than this” 

• Dildo 1
18 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

My first thoughts of concern with our new manager he has kept the team and training secret to stop BK  getting a look at our style and formation 

I thought this went out with the ark , we have played teams that we’ve hardly seen and had positive results ! 

Although he does acknowledge that the surprise element doesn't outweigh the downside of not having more friendly games? 

On 7/21/2021 at 7:25 AM, Redtaz2 said:

Actually, the opposite is true. Glass has made a point of saying they could have played more games but chose not to as it was something he felt we didn't need to do.

Shared this already in the BK Hacken match thread, but for your benefit here it is again.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/stephen-glass-reveals-hes-kept-24578325

16 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Very condescending , however we will,agree to disagree 

I was trying to be helpful. 

Since what I am saying is true and backed up by a quote from the manager, and since you refuse to accept it even though it's right there in front of you in black and white, I suppose we really will have to agree to disagree. 

23 minutes ago, TynesideDon said:

So assuming we finish the job off over in Sweden if we play the 2nd leg of the next round at home we are allowed a full Pittodrie?

Nah. The no rules thing (if it actually happens I have my doubts) is scheduled for Monday 9th August.

• Upvote 1
4 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

The 2nd leg of next round being the 12th August

Ah sorry my bad. Of course it is. I was forgetting we are away second next time.

WOW that is going to be some occasion then. Pray Sturgeon does not bottle it..... i'll be watching out for the two remaining tuesday updates before the 9th then.

35 minutes ago, TynesideDon said:

So assuming we finish the job off over in Sweden if we play the 2nd leg of the next round at home we are allowed a full Pittodrie?

Was it not announced in the latest road map that full crowds and end to all restrictions was now in Level  minus 16 

• Haha 1
3 minutes ago, Bamber said:

Was it not announced in the latest road map that full crowds and end to all restrictions was now in Level  minus 16 

As far as I am aware the general public have not been made aware, yet, that there will be any restrictions (other than the face masks) from Monday 9th August.

However I note that some of the football clubs have quietly acknowledged that they are waiting to hear what august 9th actually means for crowds.

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

As far as I am aware the general public have not been made aware, yet, that there will be any restrictions (other than the face masks) from Monday 9th August.

However I note that some of the football clubs have quietly acknowledged that they are waiting to hear what august 9th actually means for crowds.

Its just unthinkable that crowds will go from 5,600 to 20,000....

7 minutes ago, RUL said:

Its just unthinkable that crowds will go from 5,600 to 20,000....

Yes it's wild to think as things currently stand the spfl could move all the saturday 7th fixtures to monday 9th and have full houses from the second round of the season.

Of course the reality will be that the government are feeding through to the spfl/sfa JRG that these are indicative dates and it's not nailed on.

I'm assuming there will be an announcement of sorts probably next week that the 9th is not happening.