Europe 21/22

whole thing will be based on 1M physical distancing and if we can have more of the Mainstand. if we cant encroach on the Mainstand and we must have 1M spacing then last nights crowd is our capacity until 1m goes

Once 1M goes we can go from 5600 to 16000 (we have already said RDU will be closed this season) 

1 minute ago, Bamber said:

whole thing will be based on 1M physical distancing and if we can have more of the Mainstand. if we cant encroach on the Mainstand and we must have 1M spacing then last nights crowd is our capacity until 1m goes

Once 1M goes we can go from 5600 to 16000 (we have already said RDU will be closed this season) 

No way will the RDS upper be closed for the first 4 or 5 games of no rules. However no rules might be 2022......

1 minute ago, Bamber said:

Surely any decision to close RDU would be revisited if we were to lose the Main Stand. 

Anyway, Jason the dentist has hinted full crowds from 10th August. 

2 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Surely any decision to close RDU would be revisited if we were to lose the Main Stand. 

Anyway, Jason the dentist has hinted full crowds from 10th August. 

Thing is club will open RDU if team are doing well and demand dictates. 

• Like 1
Just now, Bamber said:

wonder if we might get a more full stadium and the club might announce the RDU is open but leave the Main stand as 1M spacing. That way if you are nervous about a full crowd you can still go somewhere and feel safe

even if the 1M spacing has been removed

Fuck that. Folk can support Kilmarnock if they’re nervous of full crowds

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 5
3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Tried looking at some feedback of the next rounds opponents game. Seems that Austria found the Islandic team a challenge

I can see the goals on youtube but if anyone finds some highlights then pop the link in here as it's worth a look.

I might watch some of it next week as I see it's an 8pm ko and presume we'll be done and dusted on red tv long before then.

8 minutes ago, RedRichard said:

Play off round draw is monday August 2nd i.e. 3 days before QR3

Aberdeen/Hacken/Wien/Briedablik are unseeded obviosuly.

The team list wont be confirmed until next Thursday late at night, and obviously the mini groups late Sunday night or early Monday morning but at the moment the QR4 opponents looking like this.

AS Roma Ita 90.000
Tottenham Hotspur Eng 88.000
FC Basel ** Sui 49.000
FC København ** Den 43.500
Viktoria Plzen ** Cze 33.500
AA Gent ** Bel 26.500
Anderlecht *3 Bel 25.000
FK Astana ** Kaz 22.500
LASK *3 Aut 21.000
Feyenoord ** Ned 21.000
Qarabag FK ** Azb 21.000
FCSB ** Rom 21.000
Maccabi Tel-Aviv Isr 20.500
PAOK Thessaloniki Gre 20.000
AEK Athens ** Gre 19.500
Stade Rennais Fra 19.000
Partizan Belgrade Srb 18.000
16 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

If they do reapply then they'll need to sort out the entry process and speed in which it's done.

I know it was first time this season,  but what a shambles it was. 

I drove down King Street about quarter past 7 and the queue was right up Merkland Road round the corner onto King Street, almost reaching the bus station. Seemed a shambles. 

10 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

I drove down King Street about quarter past 7 and the queue was right up Merkland Road round the corner onto King Street, almost reaching the bus station. Seemed a shambles. 

They checked passes id ,tickets abot 30 yards from the (overmanned) turnstyles I was in the queue 20+ mins before anyone check I should have even been in it, Could have check covid passes at the top of Merkland road and then you could walk straight doen to the turnstyles and in.

Im actually gald it was 5665 - at 10k would have been chaos at 20k people wouldnt be in yet 

47 minutes ago, Bamber said:

They checked passes id ,tickets abot 30 yards from the (overmanned) turnstyles I was in the queue 20+ mins before anyone check I should have even been in it, Could have check covid passes at the top of Merkland road and then you could walk straight doen to the turnstyles and in.

Im actually gald it was 5665 - at 10k would have been chaos at 20k people wouldnt be in yet 

I went in the DD stand and it was fine. There was multiple queues to be ID checked and get the wristband before you then joined the turnstyle queues.

Sounds like the SS / Merkland access was more restrictive.

My mate had commented that the queue down the merkland looked to have cleared by kick-off

I'm sure they'll take feedback and improve.

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Didn't think it was that big a deal getting in last night

Tell that to the folk queued all the way up to King Street. That wasn't me, I went in the Park Rd entrance. Waited 30mins to get in. Could've been quicker, and that much is obvious when you see a supervisor running up to checkers telling them to speed up and start moving diwn the line and checking instead of waiting for Joe Soap to approach. 

Like I said, it's the first time so going to be teething problems, but they need sorting if they want to get more fans in whilst there are restrictions. 

2 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

I went in the DD stand and it was fine. There was multiple queues to be ID checked and get the wristband before you then joined the turnstyle queues.

Sounds like the SS / Merkland access was more restrictive.

My mate had commented that the queue down the merkland looked to have cleared by kick-off

I'm sure they'll take feedback and improve.

1st real game so always going to be slightly slower, will definitely get best practice very quickly 

9 hours ago, Tord31 said:

Aberdeen/Hacken/Wien/Briedablik are unseeded obviosuly.

The team list wont be confirmed until next Thursday late at night, and obviously the mini groups late Sunday night or early Monday morning but at the moment the QR4 opponents looking like this.

AS Roma Ita 90.000
Tottenham Hotspur Eng 88.000
FC Basel ** Sui 49.000
FC København ** Den 43.500
Viktoria Plzen ** Cze 33.500
AA Gent ** Bel 26.500
Anderlecht *3 Bel 25.000
FK Astana ** Kaz 22.500
LASK *3 Aut 21.000
Feyenoord ** Ned 21.000
Qarabag FK ** Azb 21.000
FCSB ** Rom 21.000
Maccabi Tel-Aviv Isr 20.500
PAOK Thessaloniki Gre 20.000
AEK Athens ** Gre 19.500
Stade Rennais Fra 19.000
Partizan Belgrade Srb 18.000

There is teams in there we COULD beat albeit hardly any we could realistically EXPECT to beat. Encouraged by the list though as its not impossible unlike previous years. Aberdeen v FCSB (Steau Bucharest) for a play off in the Conference league would be decent. You get Roma or Spurs and its game over mind. They would be the only two I would give us no chance against. Yeah I know we did well v Burnley but different quality of player at Spurs.  

1 hour ago, ClayholeRed said:

There is teams in there we COULD beat albeit hardly any we could realistically EXPECT to beat. Encouraged by the list though as its not impossible unlike previous years. Aberdeen v FCSB (Steau Bucharest) for a play off in the Conference league would be decent. You get Roma or Spurs and its game over mind. They would be the only two I would give us no chance against. Yeah I know we did well v Burnley but different quality of player at Spurs.  

I'm hopeful that Hacken and Wien/Breidablik are presenting almost our best chance of getting to a play off round in recent seasons.

On 7/23/2021 at 1:38 PM, Dave Bus said:

Out of that list, Spurs , Roma and Rennes are the only obvious avoids. Steau Bucharest and Qarabag would be ideal though.

I'd fancy us v Qarabag.

Worked in Baku 2 years ago and went to a few of their games including CL qualifier v Apoel Nicosia and EL group game v Seville.

Would LOVE to go back there under normal circumstances.

Was some 7 or 8 months there.

Use to work Monday to Saturday, but Friday was always a monumental stramash straight after work, mostly with Aberdeen guys with a moderate sprinkling of weegies and guffs.

One Friday, during grand prix weekend, was in this bar wi nae windis, so had no idea it was actually light outside.

Bar staff had to phone one of the guys from work, saying we have on of your lot here but he doesn't know his name or where he stays. Was fucking 7.30am.
Quick snooze, in office absolutely spangled by back of 9.

Fantastic times.

Read on Twitter last night a suggestion that our match v Dundee Utd might have to get shifted as, if we get through to the next round, and I think, assuming we visit Vienna in the first league there’s the possibility of a fixture clash with Rapid and Austria Vienna both being scheduled to play at home on the same night. Anyone any idea if I did read this or if I dreamt it?

5 minutes ago, starryfish said:

Read on Twitter last night a suggestion that our match v Dundee Utd might have to get shifted as, if we get through to the next round, and I think, assuming we visit Vienna in the first league there’s the possibility of a fixture clash with Rapid and Austria Vienna both being scheduled to play at home on the same night. Anyone any idea if I did read this or if I dreamt it?

If Rapid Vienna and Austria Vienna are both at home on the Thursday (needs Rapid to lose (cos they are champions league) this week and AV to win) then one of them will need moved.

One game goes to the Tuesday OR

One game goes to the Wednesday OR

One tie has the legs reversed.

Hopefully the Bredablik win and it doesnt matter

• Upvote 1