Europe 21/22

1 hour ago, Betty Swallicks said:

Rapid Vienna  knocked out Champions League and now playing at home next Thursday in The Europa League.

If Austria Vienna get through I wonder if our game will be changed ie home first leg, away 2nd leg?

No away support so could maybe play them on the same day? Prefer to be away first leg so hopefully thats possible.

Can they not just play one game on the Wednesday?

We could potentially have a full house on the current dates if the dentist is true to his word (unlikely I know)

35 minutes ago, NEM said:

We could potentially have a full house on the current dates if the dentist is true to his word (unlikely I know)

Absolutely (although maybe not full) and I'm sure the club will be pushing to maintain the away leg first if it comes to that.

Hopefully Breidablick win tonight anyway.

32 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Absolutely (although maybe not full) and I'm sure the club will be pushing to maintain the away leg first if it comes to that.

Hopefully Breidablick win tonight anyway.

15 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

‘Mon e whale munchers

Would prefer the Austrians.

Easier game I'd say. Finished 8th last season.

Also possibility of the away trip.

4 hours ago, NEM said:

Nae sure to be honest. Uefa might have some shite rule in place regarding no other European games clashing with Champions League or some tripe.

There were some Europa and Conference games on Tues this week but obviously that canna happen next week with us playing Sunday.

One game early and one game late in Vienna on Thurs would work if no away support maybe? If not one tie might be switched and likely Austria Vienna v us since the Rapid game is "bigger" being The Europa. 

• Dildo 1
3 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

So we find out on Monday who’ll we’ll play in the PO round should we get past Breidablik

Aye.

Will be some incentive for us going into the second leg.

mcinnes didnt get many QR3L2's at home.

Sociedad and Kairat? 2 out of 7? (i'll class Burnley as QR3)

2 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Aye.

Will be some incentive for us going into the second leg.

mcinnes didnt get many QR3L2's at home.

Sociedad and Kairat? 2 out of 7? (i'll class Burnley as QR3)

We will definitely still be unseeded so it will be a tough draw, albeit increased opportunity to get a lower seeded side

17 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

We will definitely still be unseeded so it will be a tough draw, albeit increased opportunity to get a lower seeded side

Oh aye it'll be a cracker of a play off round tie.

Malmo, Jablonec (3rd Czech), Galatasary, Rijeka and Breidablik for the scottish teams this week.

It's a decent draw and weve got to make the most of it.

Amazing to have five teams in the playoff round draws on monday, and obviously huns, celtic and saints are already guaranteed to be in a playoff round. Only us and hibs that have the pressure on

Assume the Icelanders play on shitey plastic pitches as well. 

Could be a concern if so as had our games  v Neeps been on plastic away first we really could have had a far tougher opponent going into second game. 

Been quite fortunate with order of play first round & potentially also quite fortunate in who we play next. Hopefully (if we get past Icelanders) we get continued fortune for play off round. Decent chance this season

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

Assume the Icelanders play on shitey plastic pitches as well. 

Could be a concern if so as had our games  v Neeps been on plastic away first we really could have had a far tougher opponent going into second game. 

Been quite fortunate with order of play first round & potentially also quite fortunate in who we play next. Hopefully (if we get past Icelanders) we get continued fortune for play off round. Decent chance this season

Think this is a great draw for us. Obviously we need to see what play off draw throws up, on Monday I think? This genuinely could be our chance to reach groups and make some much needed income. 

Ok, as a result of last nights games, some of the potential seeded opponents  have changed.

Here's the potential teams we could face, draw to be on Monday

AS Roma                  Ita  90.000             
Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  88.000             
FC Basel **              Sui  49.000             
FC København **          Den  43.500             
Viktoria Plzen **        Cze  33.500             
AA Gent **               Bel  26.500             
Anderlecht *3            Bel  25.000             
FK Astana **             Kaz  22.500             
LASK *3                  Aut  21.000             
Feyenoord **             Ned  21.000             
Qarabag FK **            Azb  21.000             
Maccabi Tel-Aviv **      Isr  20.500             
PAOK Thessaloniki *3     Gre  20.000             
Stade Rennais            Fra  19.000             
Partizan Belgrade **     Srb  18.000             
Hapoel Beer-Sheva **     Isr  17.500 

Breidablik have a strong youth development structure, with the majority of their teams being filled with home gorwn talen.

Theyve also produced some well known players to have played overseas (Gylfi Gigardson , Johan Gudmundsson, Alred Finnbogason).

I also see that Thomas Mikkleson who used to play for Dundee Utd is their current striker 

43 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Ok, as a result of last nights games, some of the potential seeded opponents  have changed.

Here's the potential teams we could face, draw to be on Monday

AS Roma                  Ita  90.000             
Tottenham Hotspur        Eng  88.000             
FC Basel **              Sui  49.000             
FC København **          Den  43.500             
Viktoria Plzen **        Cze  33.500             
AA Gent **               Bel  26.500             
Anderlecht *3            Bel  25.000             
FK Astana **             Kaz  22.500             
LASK *3                  Aut  21.000             
Feyenoord **             Ned  21.000             
Qarabag FK **            Azb  21.000             
Maccabi Tel-Aviv **      Isr  20.500             
PAOK Thessaloniki *3     Gre  20.000             
Stade Rennais            Fra  19.000             
Partizan Belgrade **     Srb  18.000             
Hapoel Beer-Sheva **     Isr  17.500 

Need to avoid Roma, Spurs, Basel, Gent, Anderlecht and Rennes in particular. Probably going to be underdogs in majority of fixtures but id give us a chance in the remaining games. Need to qualify against Icelandic team first I guess. 

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

It will be interesting to see how Hibs fare against Rijeka and dealing with the Thursday/Sunday for the first three weeks of the season.

I presume Rijeka will win so it'd be some result for Hibs to prevent that

Rijeka are a good side and will be favourites to beat Hibs

Will Celtic be able to beat Jablonic though?