Europe 21/22

As long as we avoid Spurs can't really see much wrong with it tbh. Qarabag would be a fucker of a journey but eminently winnable. Basel and Plzen easy travelling, Basel would be fairly heavy favourites but I wouldn't be frightened of them especially at home. Plzen 5th in Czech league last year.......again not particularly worrying

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

seems incredibly harsh as said above its far too many clubs at the top of list.

Avoid Spurs and hope the big team is upset in QR3

For me if all the big clubs qualify I want us to get spurs. The 5th team in Czech league and basel, as two examples, would tear us to shreds. Football is about experiences, take 15,000 to London, if rules permit such a crowd, and see what happens. Much rather that than being dumped out with 8 folk in quarabec or whatever. 

4 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

As long as we avoid Spurs can't really see much wrong with it tbh. Qarabag would be a fucker of a journey but eminently winnable. Basel and Plzen easy travelling, Basel would be fairly heavy favourites but I wouldn't be frightened of them especially at home. Plzen 5th in Czech league last year.......again not particularly worrying

I like the positivity. If we are going to lose anyway then Spurs is the tie to get. 

If we think we are going to win then its 

Qarabag then Plzen then Basel then Spurs

4 minutes ago, RUL said:

For me if all the big clubs qualify I want us to get spurs. The 5th team in Czech league and basel, as two examples, would tear us to shreds. Football is about experiences, take 15,000 to London, if rules permit such a crowd, and see what happens. Much rather that than being dumped out with 8 folk in quarabec or whatever. 

As things stand there is no away fans at uefa qualifying games.

Not sure how the clubs and governments would deal with that.

Obviously we had the 10 fans go to Gothenburg and all managed to get in which will encourage others to follow suit in Round 3 (and then Round 4?)

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Surely to fuck they should sort it so it’s one from seed 1-4, one from 5-8, one from 9-12 & one from 13-16?

Instead we get 2,3 & 5 in one pot?

Fuck off 

It feels like this happens to us every single time.

But hey we have to take the rough with the smooth; Hacken, Breidablik and Raith were a very very decent first three cup draws for Glass this season

7 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

As things stand there is no away fans at uefa qualifying games.

Not sure how the clubs and governments would deal with that.

Obviously we had the 10 fans go to Gothenburg and all managed to get in which will encourage others to follow suit in Round 3 (and then Round 4?)

Fans would travel regardless and no chance spurs would sell out v us so they'd make an away end I reckon. 

26 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

It feels like this happens to us every single time.

But hey we have to take the rough with the smooth; Hacken, Breidablik and Raith were a very very decent first three cup draws for Glass this season

The Icelanders won’t be easy, but if we do win, we can hope that one of the seeds get put out.

New Saints have no chance v Plzen.

Avoid Spurs - that’ll be embarrassing potentially.

Limassol to beat Qarabag, or Ujpest to beat Basel. 
Qarabag would also be a cunt of a journey. It’s fucking Asia, not Europe. 

8 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Surely to fuck they should sort it so it’s one from seed 1-4, one from 5-8, one from 9-12 & one from 13-16?

Instead we get 2,3 & 5 in one pot?

Hibs get seeds 6, 8, 10 & 13

Fuck off 

Hibs are going out in round 3 

GROUP 1

Seeded
1 Újpest FC (HUN) / FC Basel 1893 (SUI)
2 AEL Limassol FC (CYP) / Qarabağ FK (AZE)
3 The New Saints FC (WAL) / FC Viktoria Plzeň (CZE)
4 Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)

Unseeded
5 PFC CSKA-Sofia (BUL) / NK Osijek (CRO)
6 FC Paços de Ferreira (POR) / Larne FC (NIR)
7 Breidablik (ISL) / Aberdeen FC (SCO)
8 FK Čukarički (SRB) / Hammarby Fotboll (SWE)

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Possibly, but not the point. 
It would take UEFA 5 minutes to make the seedlings in the pots fair for all. 
You could conceivably end up with 1, 2, 3 & 4 in one pot with their lazy system. 

They could, but doesn’t bother them as they are still kept apart from each other.

Ideally they should do away with the seeded draw, just draw with no seedlings, so you could get two minnows playing each other or two higher seeds facing each other in earlier rounds. That’s fair and would give the lower ranked teams a better chance to progress every now and then.

Having seedings is just a way to rig the competition to improve the chances of better teams later on in the competition.