Europe 21/22

34 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

St Johnstone letting all season ticket holders into their game with Galatasary for no additional charge. I was crucified for suggesting we should have done that for the Hacken game.

Exactly. Makes business sense to keep the price higher while the demand is there. Just thinking as a business would think. Once we get back to normal and everybody has been back a couple of times Im sure normal service will resume. 

Is it just me or does your 2 posts above contradict each other.

8 hours ago, Joe pike said:

Exactly. Makes business sense to keep the price higher while the demand is there. Just thinking as a business would think. Once we get back to normal and everybody has been back a couple of times Im sure normal service will resume. 

Is it just me or does your 2 posts above contradict each other.

Not really. My arguement was about as a gesture of goodwill that the first game back should have been non chargeable for season ticket holders (or at least people who had season tickets last season and this season). No issue with prices subsequently being higher for walk ins. It was the goodwill towards season ticket holders I was talking about initially. 

Good chance for St Johnstone to reach Europa groups if they do get a win tomorrow. Randers aren’t a great side & easier than anyone we have met in latter rounds of qualifying. Arguably a far harder tie (potentially) against Lask if they lose & drop down to conference PO round.This new system is a load of shite though. If we are to make groups or even PO round we undoubtedly need more players in.

Guess that’s why Cormack has sanctioned the fleecing of the fans for the game tomorrow ?

On 8/9/2021 at 10:32 PM, Tord31 said:

So five Scottish teams playing in europe this week for the first time in forever.

Who do we want to win and who do we want to lose?

Huns v Malmo - fairly straightforward to cheer on Malmo

Dons v Breidablik - COYR

Celtic v Jablonec - well its already 4-2 so it doesnt make much odds.

Saints v Galatasary - tough one. Would love them to win on the night but it obviously means cheering them to group stage football, and potentially europa league (Randers much weaker on paper than Galatasaray). I think at 9pm on Thursday i might feel differently but unfortunately it has to be GO TURKS.

Hibs v Rijeka - again tough one. Again, very reluctantly... GO RIJEKA. Would be good to see Hibs taken down a peg or two. However similar to Saints above probably feel differently when it goes to Pens...

Tough on St Johnstone, ive nothing against them - even the memory of the time they humped us 5-0 has faded.

I dont mind HIVs either - if they win, they would just spend the money on heroin anyway.

Yes. Watching stream on he’s goal. Neither team looks head and shoulders above us. I’m guessing it’s quite hot but even so we could have a good chance if we get through tonight. They both look pretty ponderous - given the pace of our central defence that could be a real plus.