Europe 21/22

6 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Here’s tonight’s game highlights.

Going by the highlights, This looks like it'll be the first away game where you could say there will be abit of an atmosphere when we're the away side

Lets see what the players are made of.  We have nothing to fear going by watching the highlights of both legs, Totally different mindset from the previous few seasons where we have just went to try and nullify the opposition and hope for the best. 

7 minutes ago, beef_sister said:

This is more than likely going to be our first away game with abit of a hostile atmosphere going by the 

Going by the highlights, This looks like it'll be the first away game where you could say there will be abit of an atmosphere when we're the away side

Lets see what the players are made of.  We have nothing to fear going by watching the highlights of both legs, Totally different mindset from the previous few seasons where we have just went to try and nullify the opposition and hope for the best. 

I went to 2 Qarabag Euro games 2 seasons ago in that stadium.

APOEL and Sevilla.

Yes, it's pretty hostile the feeling from sitting in the stands, especially from the end where their bampots gather. Pretty crazy looking in there.

But... it's all a fair distance from the pitch and really shallow sloped, nae steep, so less intimidating in those respects for sure.

My feeling is we will lose in Baku and win the home leg. So really have to ensure that the away loss is as minimal as possible. Keep it to a single goal defeat and I think we win the tie. 2 goal defeat and  we take them to extra time. A 3 goal or worse defeat and its curtains.

JET must play no part in the away leg.

14 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

My feeling is we will lose in Baku and win the home leg. So really have to ensure that the away loss is as minimal as possible. Keep it to a single goal defeat and I think we win the tie. 2 goal defeat and  we take them to extra time. A 3 goal or worse defeat and its curtains.

JET must play no part in the away leg.

You like your numbers. Here’s some for you. 

Massive numbers on our level…

Conference League:
Group Stage: €2,94m
Per win: €500k
Per draw: €166k
1st place: €650k
2nd place: €325k

And that doesn’t take into account gate receipts:

Say 60,000 paying an average of £25 is £1.5m

Take off expenses etc you’re still looking at £1m+

So, converting the above prize money to pounds, qualifying for the group stage & even winning 1 & drawing 1, with gate money, you’re talking about £4.5m or thereabouts (minus expenses of hosting the games, travel etc)

Game changer at our level.

For the few that are saying Mcinnes had tougher games in Europe than Glass so far. I am 100% confident that we wouldn’t have gotten past either of those two teams with Mcinnes’s tactical approach to games. Especially of the last few seasons where defending one goal leads & reverting to ‘game management’ was the ORDERS

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, Scotty_Toronto said:

Quite happy to 'Stand Free' from any political/religious stuff.

Righty so, Scotty. It’s why I won’t by any of the Dons shirts with a big religious symbol across the front.

25 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

For the few that are saying Mcinnes had tougher games in Europe than Glass so far. I am 100% confident that we wouldn’t have gotten past either of those two teams with Mcinnes’s tactical approach to games. Especially of the last few seasons where defending one goal leads & reverting to ‘game management’ was the ORDERS

He wouldn't have scored ten goals and he wouldn't have conceded six goals. I think McInnes of old would have won those ties aswell though. 

Recent McInnes as you say would have been bombed out

• Upvote 1
27 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

If all 4 remaining Scottish clubs end up in Conference league groups, is there a possibility that some could end up in same group? Or would all be kept apart?

Sevco won't get put out by Alashkert

If it follows the same formula as Europa League, round of 16 is the first time teams from the same country can be drawn together

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Sevco won't get put out by Alashkert

If it follows the same formula as Europa League, round of 16 is the first time teams from the same country can be drawn together

You’re wrong. They will. They don’t have the mental strength required to win the tie. The first sign of adversity and they're floundering. 

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

I am 95% confident you don't understand uncertainty.

Current team has already shown that it's better than Dons of last couple of years. I don't think it's shown yet that it's better than the earlier McInnes team.

3 hours ago, Ramandu said:

I am 95% confident you don't understand uncertainty.

Current team has already shown that it's better than Dons of last couple of years. I don't think it's shown yet that it's better than the earlier McInnes team.

Didn’t I kind of say that?

maybe you didn’t understand that part