Europe 21/22

3 minutes ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Under the government’s newly announced guidance for events at 1m social distancing from 19th of July, we will be unable to accommodate all our 7,700 season ticket holders so, once we get confirmation from the Council, we’ll let supporters know the process as soon as possible.”

“Unable” - so not all ST holders will get

75%+ of season ticket holders who want to go will get. 

Those who apply and don't get should get first offer for dundee utd game then hopefully full capacity after that.

Considering we were not sure we'd get in at all this season a few months weeks ago I'll settle for that if thats how it pans out.

• Upvote 3

Agreed, some ST holders will get both but everyone should get at least one of the games. I guess that it will probably be done on points as would be the case for a cup final or the like and work its way down the tiers until sold out for the Euro game not so sure how it will work for Utd game as all ST holders have the same rights for a home game. 

1 minute ago, eddiec said:

Agreed, some ST holders will get both but everyone should get at least one of the games. I guess that it will probably be done on points as would be the case for a cup final or the like and work its way down the tiers until sold out for the Euro game not so sure how it will work for Utd game as all ST holders have the same rights for a home game. 

Surely the club arent going to charge Season Tickets for the first game were a limited number are allowed in. I know its the norm but given nobody got any games last season it would be a bit of a PR disaster if they did that. 

5 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Surely the club arent going to charge Season Tickets for the first game were a limited number are allowed in. I know its the norm but given nobody got any games last season it would be a bit of a PR disaster if they did that. 

Much needed income though. No issues having to pay.

1 minute ago, Tommy said:

Much needed income though. No issues having to pay.

Motherwell gave all last seasons ST holders a free ST - that would have been much needed income but they did the right thing by their fans. I think as a gesture of goodwill it would be best to give ST holders this game as part of their ticket to be honest. 

45 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

I think thats scandalous. Id be offering the game for free to season ticket holders. If not enough season ticket holders want to go (which I doubt) then charge non ST holders. 

Why?  

You could have asked AFC for a refund on your season ticket last year.  I didn't but I know some did, and were offered the difference in value between the PPV and the season ticket.  

Then this year, there is a possibility that a substantial amount of ST holders may get full value of their season ticket, and be able to attend every home game (thought not everyone will).

So they could perhaps consider it as a goodwill gesture, but I certainly wouldn't think it as scandalous if they charge for the game.  I'd expect to pay, and will be ready to pay should I be in the 5,665 able to attend.

3 hours ago, perthshirered said:

You aren't surely as ignorant as you appear, simply being mischievous. They were well aware that they were Sikh, as it was reported early that very same day. 

Fatty Blackford was spouting on about Eid in Parliament and Sturgeon repeated it many times.

Surely they were'nt stirring things up.?

• Downvote 2
27 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

Why?  

You could have asked AFC for a refund on your season ticket last year.  I didn't but I know some did, and were offered the difference in value between the PPV and the season ticket.  

Then this year, there is a possibility that a substantial amount of ST holders may get full value of their season ticket, and be able to attend every home game (thought not everyone will).

So they could perhaps consider it as a goodwill gesture, but I certainly wouldn't think it as scandalous if they charge for the game.  I'd expect to pay, and will be ready to pay should I be in the 5,665 able to attend.

Just think after the frustration of no games last year, to finally get in then have to pay on top of your season ticket is a bit off. As I said, Motherwell gave all their season ticket holders a free ST this year. Good PR exercise. That was all. 

26 minutes ago, Foster14 said:

should I be in the 5,665 able to attend.

I've got two season tickets this year but will only be taking up 1 allocation for these games.

Hoping that's enough to secure my access for both games.

I'm sure there will be loads more similarly that are not taking up the full allocation of season tickets

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

I think thats scandalous. Id be offering the game for free to season ticket holders. If not enough season ticket holders want to go (which I doubt) then charge non ST holders. 

The club is skint and has had no crowd income for near 18 months and you want their 1st crowd to be a freebie.

4 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Just think after the frustration of no games last year, to finally get in then have to pay on top of your season ticket is a bit off. As I said, Motherwell gave all their season ticket holders a free ST this year. Good PR exercise. That was all. 

Good PR exercise maybe but how much does it cost them / impact.

How many season tickets holders did they have last year?

Cup games have not been part of the season ticket for a long time, so were used to paying for them.

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Good PR exercise maybe but how much does it cost them / impact.

How many season tickets holders did they have last year?

Cup games have not been part of the season ticket for a long time, so were used to paying for them.

I appreciate cup games are not part of the normal season ticket. I just think after ST holders putting their cash up last season for little return, and the same this season when nobody really knew when we would get in deserves a little thank you. This would be a good way of doing it. 

by the way i didnt renew my season ticket this year so this in no way impacts me for this game. Before anybody says I'm just after a freebie. 

3 hours ago, Dom Sullivan said:

Under the government’s newly announced guidance for events at 1m social distancing from 19th of July, we will be unable to accommodate all our 7,700 season ticket holders so, once we get confirmation from the Council, we’ll let supporters know the process as soon as possible.”

“Unable” - so not all ST holders will get

Poor spelling......prawcess. 

you reckon rumours of cost is bad wait till people find they cant sit by their mates are even in different stands and their mates have to be in 3/4 hr before them and they leave 30 mins after their mates and they can see their own seat  and there in no one inside 20ft of it

If i get allocated a ticket i'll be happy to pay for it, cannot really expect the club to make a loss on the home match then still have to shell out for a charter aircraft and hotel for the full travelling party over in Sweden thus making their overall lack of funds even worse!

I also don't need to be sitting on my mates knee to enjoy the game as i know that in a couple of weeks all being well we will be able to go to the pub then sit together at the game just like we always do, should still manage to get a few pints before and after the game as normal.

17 minutes ago, eddiec said:

If i get allocated a ticket i'll be happy to pay for it, cannot really expect the club to make a loss on the home match then still have to shell out for a charter aircraft and hotel for the full travelling party over in Sweden thus making their overall lack of funds even worse!

I also don't need to be sitting on my mates knee to enjoy the game as i know that in a couple of weeks all being well we will be able to go to the pub then sit together at the game just like we always do, should still manage to get a few pints before and after the game as normal.

It would make a mockery if not allocated in similar areas and lead to more risk of spread.

1) go to the pub together, 2) got to separate area in the grounds, 3) meet back up in the pub together.

I'd expect that the ballot will be along the lines of confirming  you want a ticket and if so how much will be in your group. From Monday, 15 adults from 15 different households can meet up in public or a private garden area, so should not be an issue for a group of mates to be sat a meter apart