Europe 21/22

20 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

Popov the Bulgar.  Fucked us over good style. Still hate the prick. How the fuck can you rule out a goal to award a penalty!? 

You would normally bet your mortgage on rooney scoring a penalty as well!, some serious bad luck and dodgy as fuck refereeing that day. Cunt should have been shot. That bobble over the keepers foot??, shitty fucking pitch.

48 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

You would normally bet your mortgage on rooney scoring a penalty as well!, some serious bad luck and dodgy as fuck refereeing that day. Cunt should have been shot. That bobble over the keepers foot??, shitty fucking pitch.

My mate had a grand on Aberdeen scoring - he was going fucking tonto at Rooney when he missed ?

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

So you think it’s acceptable to be underdog in 8 matches and lose them all? Would you just say that if we lost 8 on the spin to Celtic? 

We had good chances to reach the play offs but we played terrible. If we played better we’d have done it. I also forgot Maribor. They were absolutely shite.

Maribor by my recollection we should of had a goal but got a pen that was missed keeper should of been sent off. Stockley got sent off for nothing and their goal was a freak own goal. 
We got knocked out by teams most when drawn against no one gave us a chance to beat but generally we ran them close. Even some of the teams we did beat no one was giving Aberdeen a chance 

12 minutes ago, NEM said:

My mate had a grand on Aberdeen scoring - he was going fucking tonto at Rooney when he missed ?

I was at a party with Rooney the week after he missed that pen. Safe to say he must have hated us all by the end of it. Took it in good spirits to be fair but the kitchen chat was very much around 'that pen'. 

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Popov the Bulgar.  Fucked us over good style. Still hate the prick. How the fuck can you rule out a goal to award a penalty!? 

Did he not turn out to be the son of the head of Bulgaria's FA or something? Imagine a country so backward that they appoint referees based on who their dad is rather than competence.

How's Andrew Dallas doing these days?

• Haha 1
2 hours ago, DelMonte said:

So you think it’s acceptable to be underdog in 8 matches and lose them all? Would you just say that if we lost 8 on the spin to Celtic? 

We had good chances to reach the play offs but we played terrible. If we played better we’d have done it. I also forgot Maribor. They were absolutely shite.

Against Maribor we were incredibly unlucky not to have gone through in that game. The Pen that should have stood as a goal, the sending off for jumping in the air twice, that fucking bobble. 

I'd put the Rijeka performances (2nd time around) as the worst performances in Europe under McInnes. Both legs we didn't lay a finger on them, we did what we continued to do over the course of the last few years of his time here, which was play with fear of the opposition, trying to stop them playing rather than playing to our own strengths. 

I've already written a few paragraphs on McInnes in europe somewhere else, but we out of the 18 European ties under McInnes, only maybe 2 of those we won where we weren't favourites. Which pretty much imbodies McInnes time at Pittodrie, domestically in cups, in the league and in Europe. 

2 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I still get angry thinking back to the Maribor away game. Perhaps the worst performance I have ever seen by a referee

You canna have watched many games in Scotland then.

Andrew Dallas down at Ibrox stands out in my memory

MT will deny that there is any bias in the refereeing

18 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Dallas should never be allowed to ref ANY Rangers games.  You'd be as well wheeling out Walter fucking Smith to ref Rangers games. 

Walter Smith would give more balance and have more integrity than Andrew Dallas.

Wasn't there also some controversy when he awarded SevCo 4 penalties against St Mirren?

1 hour ago, StandFree1982 said:

Against Maribor we were incredibly unlucky not to have gone through in that game. The Pen that should have stood as a goal, the sending off for jumping in the air twice, that fucking bobble. 

I'd put the Rijeka performances (2nd time around) as the worst performances in Europe under McInnes. Both legs we didn't lay a finger on them, we did what we continued to do over the course of the last few years of his time here, which was play with fear of the opposition, trying to stop them playing rather than playing to our own strengths. 

I've already written a few paragraphs on McInnes in europe somewhere else, but we out of the 18 European ties under McInnes, only maybe 2 of those we won where we weren't favourites. Which pretty much imbodies McInnes time at Pittodrie, domestically in cups, in the league and in Europe. 

Well summed up. 

cc @Millertime 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Walter Smith would give more balance and have more integrity than Andrew Dallas.

Wasn't there also some controversy when he awarded SevCo 4 penalties against St Mirren?

One of them the foul happened outside the box. Other 3 were stick on penalties.

Whether any other team would have been awarded them is up for debate though

4 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

He was a right fucking cunt. 

One of my mates who was with us confidently predicted "its arite Rooney never misses pens" 

I still blame him to this day. Jonah. 

Sent Stockley off as well, when there massive centre back went down holding his coupon - wasn't a Tierney effort. 

Probably the worst refeering performance I've ever witnessed. 

19 minutes ago, Zeus said:

He was a right fucking cunt. 

One of my mates who was with us confidently predicted "its arite Rooney never misses pens" 

I still blame him to this day. Jonah. 

Sent Stockley off as well, when there massive centre back went down holding his coupon - wasn't a Tierney effort. 

Probably the worst refeering performance I've ever witnessed. 

Was'nt that Rooney pen the 1st and last time he tried to put it down the middle.

Normally it was into either corner.

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

Aye that's right. Tried a bloody dink down the middle. 

Idiot! 

In some ways I understand as the keeper was pretty tall and would have had some reach on him. He would have expected the keeper to try and cover a side.

That said, I'm a firm believer in the pen taker should always score by hitting the bottom corners. If struck firm enough, no keeper should be able to get down in time