Sign in to follow this  
Millertime

Season Tickets 21/22

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

It's not that hard. 

Instead of signing Greg Leigh and giving him a couple of grand a week or whatever just put that money into the first eleven pot and then you have a couple of grand extra to offer a potential first team player signing . Same with the likes of Curtis Main, Ojo etc.  The money saved on squad filler can be put to better use without increasing the overall wage budget. 

I think there will always be a need for squad fillers to some extent. But I am willing to accept your argument and bow down due to the example you have just given in Greg Leigh. Curtis too actually.

Ojo, I think, we hoped would be good enough for the first team. That will happen, can't always get it right. He was our Djemba Djemba.

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

I think there will always be a need for squad fillers to some extent. But I am willing to accept your argument and bow down due to the example you have just given in Greg Leigh. Curtis too actually.

Ojo, I think, we hoped would be good enough for the first team. That will happen, can't always get it right. He was our Djemba Djemba.

Aye that's fair enough. 

We won't always get it right but re routing unnecessary squad filler or loan fee budget to first team wages will help shift the balance over time. 

I'm the same with loan players.  We should only bring in a loan player to fill a temporary gap in the first team rather than someone like Tate or Vyner to sit on the bench. 

Edited by aberdeen1970

Running with a tight (16 man) squad, you run the risk of injuries hampering your season but that’s the knife edge, it’s fine as long as you have a decent qty of youth players that can come in and assist.

The alternative is the possibility of squad fillers like Main, Vyner, Leigh, O’Connor, Maynard etc potentially playing EVERY game.

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Running with a tight (16 man) squad, you run the risk of injuries hampering your season but that’s the knife edge, it’s fine as long as you have a decent qty of youth players that can come in and assist.

The alternative is the possibility of squad fillers like Main, Vyner, Leigh, O’Connor, Maynard etc potentially playing EVERY game.

That's the nub though isn't it?  How many of those squad filler types that you mention have done a better job than a youth player could have done? 

Not many. 

Edited by aberdeen1970

28 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye that's fair enough. 

We won't always get it right but re routing unnecessary squad filler or loan fee budget to first team wages will help shift the balance over time. 

I'm the same with loan players.  We should only bring in a loan player to fill a temporary gap in the first team rather than someone like Tate or Vyner to sit on the bench. 

Same rules should apply to loan signings as it does permanent - only consider it if they are going to improve the first 11. 

The likes of Lowe, Hector, Maddison and Christie (although not from them) and no filler shite like Monakana, Tait etc 

5 minutes ago, NEM said:

Same rules should apply to loan signings as it does permanent - only consider it if they are going to improve the first 11. 

The likes of Lowe, Hector, Maddison and Christie (although not from them) and no filler shite like Monakana, Tait etc 

Totally agree min 

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Nope - I'm done dancing to others tunes 

Soon as someone who is remotely as big as they act and actually bet me properly , no more proof coming 

I'll bet you £20, you don't have a season ticket for next season. Get proof posted and I'll get the money wired to you.

You have 24 hours to post the proof.

Edited by Geoff_Tipps
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I'll bet you £20, you don't have a season ticket for next season. Get proof posted and I'll get the money wired to you.

£20 won't cover Millermongs cunning ruse to get another poster to pay for his season ticket 😄

• Haha 3

14 hours ago, Poodler said:

He’s probably put more money into the club than you ever will. 

Committed. A man of integrity 

No, he hasn’t. 

3 hours ago, Millertime said:

Nope - I'm done dancing to others tunes 

Soon as someone who is remotely as big as they act and actually bet me properly , no more proof coming 

You are a total embarrassment. 

2 hours ago, Tommy said:

That’s a non AberDNA price. Did you scrap all your ones?

Nope, doubt he had any in the first place.

He’s just a contrarian bullshitter

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

That's the nub though isn't it?  How many of those squad filler types that you mention have done a better job than a youth player could have done? 

Not many. 

You cannot say that for certain.......we never got to see youth players get the chance.

Bad management? Possibly

But also possibly because they were even shiter than the squad fillers that were getting game time ahead of them.

"Squad fillers" are an inevitable part of any team's overall strategy. The arse cheeks have them.......sevco in such names as Balogun, Zungu and Greg fucking Stewart (not to mention the 4 or 5 they've punted out on loan to various corners of the UK). Celtic in guys like Ralston, Duffy (hahahaha), Bitton and Ajeti. It's just their squad fillers cost a shitload more than ours do. But their supporters think of them as equally as shite as we do ours.

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

You cannot say that for certain.......we never got to see youth players get the chance.

Bad management? Possibly

But also possibly because they were even shiter than the squad fillers that were getting game time ahead of them.

"Squad fillers" are an inevitable part of any team's overall strategy. The arse cheeks have them.......sevco in such names as Balogun, Zungu and Greg fucking Stewart (not to mention the 4 or 5 they've punted out on loan to various corners of the UK). Celtic in guys like Ralston, Duffy (hahahaha), Bitton and Ajeti. It's just their squad fillers cost a shitload more than ours do. But their supporters think of them as equally as shite as we do ours.

We either continue the same 'squad filler' strategy from now til the end of time and nothing really changes or we try and do something different, more disruptive, to see if it changes things for us. 

Might be the same end result but at least our young players will get more experience. 

3 hours ago, Tommy said:

That’s a non AberDNA price. Did you scrap all your ones?

Wait- you get a discount with the DNA accounts!??!

I bought it online on my phone, wasn't ideal as couldn't see all the screen

Much do I get off with the DNA?

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

You have 24 hours to post the proof.

Make it £400 and you're on

Edited by Millertime

5 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Make it £400 and you're on

There you go folks, the response which proves what we all knew. 🤥

5 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

There you go folks, the response which proves what we all knew. 🤥

Right, fine, £20 that I have a season ticket for next year?

No bullshit addons once you are proven wrong?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 3

23 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Aye, and yer uncle fell doon the stairs in 71. 

Havering/tedious/obvious/attention seeking/tinky cunt ye

• Upvote 5

I think our level of shite signings has exaggerated all this.

Of course some players are squad players e.g. the second and third goalkeeper or the third and fourth strikers. 

If you don't have a youth player good enough then it's correct to make signings in these examples. 

It's then a secondary question of why don't you have a youth player good enough to be the fourth choice striker.

I certainly don't buy the argument of some on here to say 'i dont give a fuck who the fourth choice striker is just make it dangana'.

Posted (edited)
52 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Right, fine, £20 that I have a season ticket for next year?

No bullshit addons once you are proven wrong?

You had your opportunity, you came back with a ridiculous counter bet and now you're backtracking when you've been exposed.

But fuck it, prove you bought the season ticket for next year when you implied you did and I'll send you £20. 

You use to be good value back in the day, but I am starting to think you have weak / small shoulders. 

Edited by Geoff_Tipps
  • Haha 2
  • Downvote 1

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I think our level of shite signings has exaggerated all this.

Of course some players are squad players e.g. the second and third goalkeeper or the third and fourth strikers. 

If you don't have a youth player good enough then it's correct to make signings in these examples. 

It's then a secondary question of why don't you have a youth player good enough to be the fourth choice striker.

I certainly don't buy the argument of some on here to say 'i dont give a fuck who the fourth choice striker is just make it dangana'.

I'll try and explain it better. 

Squad players should be replaced first team players on the way down/out or youngsters coming through rather than players specifically brought in to fulfil that purpose. 

2 hours ago, Millertime said:

It should automatically discount it when you enter your ID number and pick up the fact you have a/many DNA accounts.

surprised the club didn't give such a top don a free ticket

Would he get the AberDNA discount as well as his ‘Retard’ discount though?

• Dildo on Bonnet 1

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

You had your opportunity, you came back with a ridiculous counter bet and now you're backtracking when you've been exposed.

But fuck it, prove you bought the season ticket for next year when you implied you did and I'll send you £20. 

You use to be good value back in the day, but I am starting to think you have weak / small shoulders. 

Edited by Millertime
  • Downvote 2
  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

1 hour ago, dazzy_deff said:

It should automatically discount it when you enter your ID number and pick up the fact you have a/many DNA accounts.

Ah, it actually did, didn't even notice that!

• Downvote 2

You’ve identified exactly where you will be seated when we eventually return 

with the upset and animosity you have generated in this forum I think that’s a “ schoolboy error” surely 

5 minutes ago, Geoff_Tipps said:

I trust this season ticket wasn't purchased today?

Screenshot-2021-05-03-16-56-50-049-com-g

I'll come over and say hi next season 😆

Haha did you actually donate there?

Well in

Yeah please do come over say hi, I need more aberdeen fan pals

Unless I've grossly misread the situation, I imagine you all would welcome meeting me

• Upvote 5
  • Downvote 2
  • Dildo on Bonnet 3