Declan Gallagher

3 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Just go to three at the back - Gallagher can do the defending and McCrorie and Bates can bring the ball out from the back

McCrorie’s a fuckin liability in defence.  Can’t see the opposition co-operating with your plan by playing solely through whoever Gallager’s up against

52 minutes ago, redone said:

McCrorie’s a fuckin liability in defence.  Can’t see the opposition co-operating with your plan by playing solely through whoever Gallager’s up against

Out of McCrorie, Bates and Gallagher yesterday, McCrorie was by far the best. He could have a decent partnership with Bates going forward.

Gallagher looks the worst of the three

• Haha 1

I expected Gallagher to be a really good signing and assumed he'd just got off to a slow start. Starting to doubt that viewpoint now. 
Best I've seen him was I the Hearts match, despite the penalty, when it was a bit of a battle later in 2nd half. Hopefully he pulls himself out the rut or at least we see the coaching staff decide on a formation and settled line up in defence. 

1 hour ago, Don_Corleone said:

Just go to three at the back - Gallagher can do the defending and McCrorie and Bates can bring the ball out from the back which seems to be Glass' preferred approach. MacKenzie and Ramsay can play a bit more advanced. Brown can sit in front of the 3 and cover when any of them push forward. The other 2 midfielders can concentrate on moving the ball from midfield forward instead of passing it sideways. I'd also put Watkins and Hedges up front and ditch Ramirez for a bit. 352 formation.

MacKenzie cant play more advanced ffs. He's nowhere near good enough to be a midfielder. Watch him in comparison to Ramsay when we are attacking. Ramsay is always looking to keep going forward and get to the by-line. Mackenzie generally ends up turning back and looking to pass backwards to a midfielder. 

He's also horrifically one-footed

6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

MacKenzie cant play more advanced ffs. He's nowhere near good enough to be a midfielder. Watch him in comparison to Ramsay when we are attacking. Ramsay is always looking to keep going forward and get to the by-line. Mackenzie generally ends up turning back and looking to pass backwards to a midfielder. 

He's also horrifically one-footed

Mckenzie is a much better defender 

• 2 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

But equally don’t see where the caps came from.  They’ve got the cheek to slag Consi’s too.

Andrew Considine would do a far better job in central defence.

I have seen Gallagher play for other teams plus Scotland and play half decent but his defending for us has been quite frankly awful. 

His "challenge" against Stevie May against St Johnstone was playground stuff and the week before against Motherwell for the first goal was diabolical. Another mercenary at our club I'm afraid.

7 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Andrew Considine would do a far better job in central defence.

I have seen Gallagher play for other teams plus Scotland and play half decent but his defending for us has been quite frankly awful. 

His "challenge" against Stevie May against St Johnstone was playground stuff and the week before against Motherwell for the first goal was diabolical. Another mercenary at our club I'm afraid.

The challenge on Stevie May was so fucking weak.

Half hearted.

Any decent defender should do everything they can to stop a goal. His effort was pathetic. 

1 minute ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The challenge on Stevie May was so fucking weak.

Half hearted.

Any decent defender should do everything they can to stop a goal. His effort was pathetic. 

It was so feeble, WW. Put your body on the line for fucks sake, it's nae hard. Shame absolutely none of our central defenders are willing to do that. 

David Bates's performance on Sunday emphasised that. Truly awful. Piece of bad luck for the first goal but he played the boy onside to start with. 

36 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Mark mcghee, Craig brown, Stephen hughes, nick blackman, Declan gallagher. 

shite

Anyone else? 

The moral of the story is stop taking people from motherwell

Craig Brown wasn't an absolute disaster - he did a decent job for a season or so, he did was necessary at the time after a few horrific years. 

The others mentioned have been utter currrraaappp though.

45 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Craig Brown wasn't an absolute disaster - he did a decent job for a season or so, he did was necessary at the time after a few horrific years. 

The others mentioned have been utter currrraaappp though.

Aye, we were honking under Brown but when he first took over from Mcghee he arguably saved us from going down that season.

1 hour ago, Somefriendly said:

Calm down. Do you remember the talents of Mr Jerel Ifil?

Not exactly much of an exaggeration. He’s not exactly done anything with us to justify being excluded from that kind of company 

He’s been utter horse shite in fact. Far too many treating him to all kinds of bs excuses for ‘not being up to speed’ considering he’s supposed to be a fkn experienced CH.

I wouldn’t have him in defence even if he had permission to use a fkn baseball bat to help him. Except v the Huns of course 

• Haha 1