Declan Gallagher

4 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The Ross County one he was culpable for, although Scott Brown did not help with his wayward pass in the lead up to their goal.

To be fair to the lad, not having a settled partnership has not helped him one iota and that has led to his performances to being below average. 

My point being is that every member of our team has been liable, in one form or another, of contributing towards us losing goals. 

I agree, he is not without instances where he could have done better.

I think he has been our better CH throughout the season and for me is improving with each game

7 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Ross McCrorie has been equally culpable for the goals we have weakly conceded this season, so is not exempt from any criticism.

He actually played quite well on Sunday when playing in a role that gave him a bit more freedom than normal. However, his booking was avoidable though.

I'm not saying he hasn't been at fault

Thats completely different to not putting his body on the line 

5 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Interesting to hear which goals you think McCrorie was to blame for.

Certainly the first against Breidablik was one he could have done better with but I think others did very little / nothing to support (Lewis / MacKenzie)

Also maybe the Ross County one, albeit again, others didn't help (Brown)

Other than that, McCrorie had been pretty decent for me in defence and is improving.

He had a great assist for one of Qarabags goals - the useless hun cunt 

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I agree, he is not without instances where he could have done better.

I think he has been our better CH throughout the season and for me is improving with each game

The St. Mirren game was an improvement, especially the first half (bar his booking).

If he had an old head beside him with ability, of course, (A Gary Cahill type) he may be successful in his current role eventually. 

2 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

The St. Mirren game was an improvement, especially the first half (bar his booking).

If he had an old head beside him with ability, of course, (A Gary Cahill type) he may be successful in his current role eventually. 

I think he's adapting and improving. He brings much needed pace to the heart of the defence.

I think it's worth persevering with

Just now, afc1903mad said:

I think he's adapting and improving. He brings much needed pace to the heart of the defence.

I think it's worth persevering with

He's adapting alright and there is defensive ability there, but if Stephen Glass wished to have him primarily in central defence, he really should have brought in an experienced, rock solid central defender with ability. Gallagher and Bates have not helped his cause whatsoever. They are shite. End of. 

23 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

He's adapting alright and there is defensive ability there, but if Stephen Glass wished to have him primarily in central defence, he really should have brought in an experienced, rock solid central defender with ability. Gallagher and Bates have not helped his cause whatsoever. They are shite. End of. 

I’m sure he was anticipating that Considine and Gallagher, two Scottish internationalists, would have provided that experience.

Unfortunately Considine picked up a bad injury and Gallagher has been very poor so far

2 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

I’m sure he was anticipating that Considine and Gallagher, two Scottish internationalists, would have provided that experience.

Unfortunately Considine picked up a bad injury and Gallagher has been very poor so far

Very true loon. 

We badly miss Andrew Considine, defensively as well at set pieces. Regardless of his limited ability, he is excellent at organising the defence. 

• 8 months later...
On 5/6/2021 at 8:36 PM, ab24_5qh said:

Motherwell fan tells me that he has had a poor season, was not a starter when they had a fully fit squad and has a serious lack of pace......I hope he is just bitter about him leaving!

We need to consult this guy before signing Motherwell players in future

although I have said before we need to stop taking players from Motherwell cause they always end up shite

• Haha 1
17 minutes ago, TheRock said:

Declan's another who has now had his contract terminated. Not a huge surprise but I must admit, I thought he was quite a safe signing who would do well for us. 

I'll say this for Jim Goodwin, he's proven himself to be absolutely ruthless. Don't know if he'll be a success with us, but it's an attribute the top guys possess.

• Like 1
1 minute ago, JamieMT said:

I'll say this for Jim Goodwin, he's proven himself to be absolutely ruthless. Don't know if he'll be a success with us, but it's an attribute the top guys possess.

He made that obvious as soon as he was appointed. Like you said time will tell if he does actually know what he’s doing. 

3 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

He made that obvious as soon as he was appointed. Like you said time will tell if he does actually know what he’s doing. 

One thing i do like about how he's going about things is that all too often underperforming players see a manager sacked. The new guy comes in and these same players get a blank slate, time to prove themselves etc. when they simply don't deserve it.

Success or not, Goodwin's clearing the deadwood. The squad needed major surgery and it's getting it and hopefully there's more to come.

7 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

One thing i do like about how he's going about things is that all too often underperforming players see a manager sacked. The new guy comes in and these same players get a blank slate, time to prove themselves etc. when they simply don't deserve it.

Success or not, Goodwin's clearing the deadwood. The squad needed major surgery and it's getting it and hopefully there's more to come.

What I’m a bit worried about is that he doesn’t believe he can improve them .He must think they are really shit. 

7 minutes ago, JamieMT said:

Agree. 

Conor Maclennan should be thinking I better be the first guy in at every training session and the last to leave as he must surely be next on the hit list. 

5 minutes ago, Sooper-hanz said:

What I’m a bit worried about is that he doesn’t believe he can improve them .He must think they are really shit. 

He must think he can improve Bates. 

If he thinks Gallagher is really shit I would agree.

He gave Bates the benefit of the doubt on account of him playing on the lhs of centre so he’s essentially been given a clean slate. In that sense he, Bates, is very fortunate as I thought he was equally as bad as Gallagher. 

• Upvote 1