Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

Declan Gallagher

6 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

What a disappointing signing he has been, I had quite high hopes for him and thought he might be a new captain type. I wouldn’t say he’s been really bad but has been part of a defence that’s been full of mistakes and which he has to take some blame for.

Goodwin not fucking about though.

Goodwins taking no prisoners. The Assassin.  

You can see now why Scott Brown was first (or did JET beat him to it? I forget) out the door. Almost all the remnants of the Glass era have been swept away, starting with his number two. Goodwin must have formed strong opinions of these guys before he took over and it'll have taken little time for him to decide who needed to leave with little chance of reprieve. Brutal but very much required.

This past week's been a revelation. Go back 7 days and we were saying goodbye to Ramsay and i was busy soiling the sheets over our lack of signings. Today we've a glut of new players in and there's a reason to be excited about the season ahead. Going in it has a feeling of being fresh & new. Better still there'll likely be a few more players coming in we can get excited about before we open against Celtic.

1 minute ago, Awayfromhomered said:

My thoughts too. I had high hopes initially.

Just seemed like he wasn't arsed most of the time, certainly never looked like he was ever busting a gut for us.

Mind you, he's not alone in this criticism.

He looked miles off it… not sure it was about attitude. If you look at his record, his best form has been as part of three CBs… I just wonder if he was just found out up here?

5 minutes ago, Roberto said:

We need another 4 players at the very least.

Hopefully unearth an absolute diamond.

Hopeful but not optimistic.

Roll on new season and I'll assess my feelings then.

Agreed the absolute minimum we need is another 4 players if we are going to compete. Realistically I think we will probably need at least another 5 outfield players as I think both Ferguson and Ramirez will be gone by the end of August. I know we had a bloated squad last season but to date we have lost around 13 players from it and only signed 6 replacements.

32 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He looked miles off it… not sure it was about attitude. If you look at his record, his best form has been as part of three CBs… I just wonder if he was just found out up here?

Aye, could be. And I've seen it before where if someone's out of their depth they almost put on an air of nonchalance, rather than people thinking they're giving they're all & just aren't up to it. 

Anyway he's off now, best for all parties. 

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

In terms of attitude, thinking back to Goodwin’s comments about certain players throwing their toys out the pram, JET was one of those who went and is very good pals with Gallagher. Not sure he’s professional enough to remain committed and give his best when his best mate’s been binned. Mind you, not sure he was doing that before JET went either. 

1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

Gallagher was a very disappointing signing considering he was an established Scotland international but with him leaving it leaves us a bit short of options at the back. Pretty sure by letting him go we will be signing another defender. 

I would think so. Makes no sense otherwise as despite his shortcomings he would still feature a fair bit this season. Can’t see Goodwin taking the same risk as glass regards centre halves 

3 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Never seemed interested  in playing for us.

Was way below the standard we expected

At last we are getting rids of these underachivers

At least we have a manager who spots a wage thief and boots them out

How does someone seem “interested in playing for us”? Wanking over the badge in front of the beach end?