Declan Gallagher

32 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

He looked miles off it… not sure it was about attitude. If you look at his record, his best form has been as part of three CBs… I just wonder if he was just found out up here?

Aye, could be. And I've seen it before where if someone's out of their depth they almost put on an air of nonchalance, rather than people thinking they're giving they're all & just aren't up to it. 

Anyway he's off now, best for all parties. 

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

He looked miles off it… not sure it was about attitude. If you look at his record, his best form has been as part of three CBs… I just wonder if he was just found out up here?

In terms of attitude, thinking back to Goodwin’s comments about certain players throwing their toys out the pram, JET was one of those who went and is very good pals with Gallagher. Not sure he’s professional enough to remain committed and give his best when his best mate’s been binned. Mind you, not sure he was doing that before JET went either. 

1 hour ago, Shinniesta said:

Gallagher was a very disappointing signing considering he was an established Scotland international but with him leaving it leaves us a bit short of options at the back. Pretty sure by letting him go we will be signing another defender. 

I would think so. Makes no sense otherwise as despite his shortcomings he would still feature a fair bit this season. Can’t see Goodwin taking the same risk as glass regards centre halves 

3 minutes ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Never seemed interested  in playing for us.

Was way below the standard we expected

At last we are getting rids of these underachivers

At least we have a manager who spots a wage thief and boots them out

How does someone seem “interested in playing for us”? Wanking over the badge in front of the beach end?

1 hour ago, ABERDEENROWIE1903 said:

Let's just be pleased he is gone

It's not as if he was any good.

Did you ever witness his enthusiasm  on the pitch for us ? Did he get stuck in, No

He did get “stuck in” as much as he could for a centre half. 

I’m maybe missing something, who hasn’t been “interested in playing for us” and who has?

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

It didn't work for him admittedly, but I do wonder if he had someone better in beside him and played in an Aberdeen team that had confidence all over the pitch, whether we would have got the best out of him.

I'm actually disappointed in it cause I had high hopes and was delighted when he signed.

I am the same as had high hopes for him, I thought he would be the one to bring on a young centre half and be the stalwart at the back. The team was fucked though, no confidence, no real plan B if things went wrong and defence making so many mistakes. TBF the rest of the team were culpable in putting daft pressure on our defence.

9 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

Playing beside an absolute bombscare in Bates won’t have helped him, but he appeared to be yet another player who just turned up here and thought he’d coast his way through his time here.

Really refreshing to see Goodwin has no time for wasters like that.

I’m not sure that was the case. I think he is probably a decent defender in a team that knows what it’s doing and has a clear plan. I think he got sucked into the hype to sign and thought he would be playing for a good team with fresh ideas etc. instead he’s part of a shambles every week where players don’t know where the fuck they are meant to be playing or how.

Just now, Roberto said:

It didn't work for him admittedly, but I do wonder if he had someone better in beside him and played in an Aberdeen team that had confidence all over the pitch, whether we would have got the best out of him.

I'm actually disappointed in it cause I had high hopes and was delighted when he signed.

See i never understand this thought.

You're either a good player or not.

If you're a good player in a shit team, surely you stand out more whatever position you play.

If you arent getting crosses coming towards you then drop back, collect the ball, get to the edge of the box and take some shots or take players on.

It's a shit excuse for an average player.

Just now, Roberto said:

De Bruyne Chelsea shit...

Salah Chelsea shit...

I'm tired and was first 2 players came to mind... if I could be arsed explaining more I would.

Dec is a better player than we saw. Fans on the back cause we were shut, confidence dropped bla bla.

And they lived happily ever after. The end.

Which is why they were moved on.

?

So to summarise, all our team last season at least, were shit!

In a better team i reckon we might have seen the best of the assaulter but he turned out to be very poor (alongside bates who couldnae spell defence never mind take part in it) Cant call out the club either cos I, as did many others, think he would be a stalwart at the back for a few years to come. Cunt peaked when he got charged n unless hes got a weapon in his hand he couldnt defend his missus never mind big Joe. No loss whatsoever

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, LambMolester said:

In a better team i reckon we might have seen the best of the assaulter but he turned out to be very poor (alongside bates who couldnae spell defence never mind take part in it) Cant call out the club either cos I, as did many others, think he would be a stalwart at the back for a few years to come. Cunt peaked when he got charged n unless hes got a weapon in his hand he couldnt defend his missus never mind big Joe. No loss whatsoever

In a better team they could manage with just ten players & leave him on the bench to get the best of him