Declan Gallagher

On 6/27/2022 at 6:29 AM, Roberto said:

De Bruyne Chelsea shit...

Salah Chelsea shit...

I'm tired and was first 2 players came to mind... if I could be arsed explaining more I would.

Dec is a better player than we saw. Fans on the back cause we were shut, confidence dropped bla bla.

And they lived happily ever after. The end.

Salah just couldn’t handle the pressure of playing at a big club. 

5 hours ago, alscotoz said:

Disappointing. Maybe the fact he got a few games for Scotland clouded judgment...how many players have been tried in that position lately? Hopefully another incoming as well as Stewart,

I'd be surprised if we go with only Stewart, Bates, Scales and McCrorie considering the last two will play minutes in other positions

• 2 months later...
3 hours ago, slippers said:

Back in Scotland squad. Fair play to the lad. 

At first sight you immediately think "Fucking hell, that's an astonishing call from Clarke"

Then, when you actually think about it....who else does he have to pick from that's fit? Hanley, Halkett, Souttar all injured. There's Liam Cooper of course, but despite seemingly being consistently decent for Leeds, any time he's played for Scotland he's looked decidedly less than international class. Stephen Welsh at Celtic? Not getting a regular game for Timothy and involved in losing a controversial goal against them at the weekend.....he was probably fouled but looked quite weak. Paul Hanlon?.....ffs it's bad enough Porteous getting called up. 

Gallagher has been shit for 2 full seasons for the club sides he played for but still got picked for Scotland the first year of that and never let anyone down when he played. I can't see him playing in either of our matches unless we suffer an astonishing run of injuries to the other centre backs (and McTominay too). But he probably is still as good as anyone else that's available for selection

7 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

At first sight you immediately think "Fucking hell, that's an astonishing call from Clarke"

Then, when you actually think about it....who else does he have to pick from that's fit? Hanley, Halkett, Souttar all injured. There's Liam Cooper of course, but despite seemingly being consistently decent for Leeds, any time he's played for Scotland he's looked decidedly less than international class. Stephen Welsh at Celtic? Not getting a regular game for Timothy and involved in losing a controversial goal against them at the weekend.....he was probably fouled but looked quite weak. Paul Hanlon?.....ffs it's bad enough Porteous getting called up. 

Gallagher has been shit for 2 full seasons for the club sides he played for but still got picked for Scotland the first year of that and never let anyone down when he played. I can't see him playing in either of our matches unless we suffer an astonishing run of injuries to the other centre backs (and McTominay too). But he probably is still as good as anyone else that's available for selection

Cooper pulled out injured. 

very worrying for the future if we don’t have a player in their early 20s who would benefit from a call up. Surely there’s someone better than big declan. Man is useless

9 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Bet Consi’s spewing.

Och I'm alright. 

Mildly irritating as it'll somehow justify the nonsense he was speaking about being good enough to play for us. 

He's a solid penalty box defender when he's playing well. Much like I think Anthony Stewart is. Good in the air, will defend the box with their life, cut things out. 

Ask players like that to play expansive football, as we are trying to play now, and as we tried to play under Glass, and they are going to get shown up.

It's telling the better spells in his career have been at the likes of Livi, Motherwell and now St.Mirren. 

As @Millertime says it shows a stunning lack of youthful talent.

Harry Souttar is playing in the English championship, but rather than do what Wales and NI do and give young players caps early, he now plays for Australia. 

4 minutes ago, CCB III said:

Och I'm alright. 

Mildly irritating as it'll somehow justify the nonsense he was speaking about being good enough to play for us. 

He's a solid penalty box defender when he's playing well. Much like I think Anthony Stewart is. Good in the air, will defend the box with their life, cut things out. 

Ask players like that to play expansive football, as we are trying to play now, and as we tried to play under Glass, and they are going to get shown up.

It's telling the better spells in his career have been at the likes of Livi, Motherwell and now St.Mirren. 

As @Millertime says it shows a stunning lack of youthful talent.

Harry Souttar is playing in the English championship, but rather than do what Wales and NI do and give young players caps early, he now plays for Australia. 

Have we been trying to play expansive football???

jesus that makes watching us feel even worse 

10 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

We've only got one regular starter who qualifies for Scotland now. 

Changed days. 

But, if you look at the squad, we've developed a few of them. 

Fraser and McKenna namely, Jack plays fairly regularly when fit. 

Christie had time with us, never our player, but certainly we helped develop him. 

Should be a selling point to all domestic players for coming to Aberdeen. 

44 minutes ago, CCB III said:

But, if you look at the squad, we've developed a few of them. 

Fraser and McKenna namely, Jack plays fairly regularly when fit. 

Christie had time with us, never our player, but certainly we helped develop him. 

Should be a selling point to all domestic players for coming to Aberdeen. 

Aye I know but there's a wee gap in our development pipeline now.  I don't see McCrorie or Mackenzie as realistic shouts for full international recognition.

Barron probably the next homegrown player to hopefully kick on but the others haven't really broken through yet.

We could do with supplementing our own youth players with a couple of choice young Scottish players from other clubs.

Would help with the balance of young foreign players, lower league English punts and Scottish talent.  We have plenty in the first two categories now

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye I know but there's a wee gap in our development pipeline now.  I don't see McCrorie or Mackenzie as realistic shouts for full international recognition.

Barron probably the next homegrown player to hopefully kick on but the others haven't really broken through yet.

We could do with supplementing our own youth players with a couple of choice young Scottish players from other clubs.

Would help with the balance of young international players, lower league English punts and Scottish talent.  We have plenty in the first two categories now

Early days for a lot of our youngsters. 

If he keeps playing Morris over Duncan though, he's a cunt.

Im told that those that would know are happy with our pipeline but using the lad who's name temporarily escapes me (went to Sevco with his sister) you cant "sell" the top talents at 15 and still expect an exceptional through-flow thereafter as well. 

Id personally use the Scotland scenario the other way to kids.  Why is it that there's not a centre half ready to come in?  Because the ones that fucked off to the arse cheeks and beyond really young simply never made it and those that did emerge have sat on a bench so long they're not fit enough to take their big chance.