Declan Gallagher

3 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Solid signing. Thats 2 Internationals for his first 2 signings 

2 hours ago, NEM said:

That’s 2 Scottish internationals and club captains signed so far - good start ?

Without being too pedantic but Brown retired from international football 5 years ago. The a second time 3 & a bit years ago & hasn’t played since.

Anyway. Decent (certainly needed) solid defensive signing. 
Welcome aboard Plug fe Bash St kids.

let’s hope you plug our defence ?

can't remember , was Gallagher the middle one of the 3 when he played alongside Consi for Scotland ?

Glass seems to like a back 4 so will be interesting to see who else he is bringing in and who is leaving . If Devlin, Taylor and Hoban are all away we need another 2 CH's . Perhaps 1 if McCrorie moves back 

The 2 young fullbacks have done well but wouldn't want us relying on them the full season . So first team players required there 

That's just the defence to sort out . Lots of work for Glass to do this summer 

Happy enough with this signing. Didn't quite realise he was 30, thought he was younger. Need another CH to start alongside him, and probably at least one of a right back or left back (assuming Ramsay and MacKenzie will play more next season).

14 hours ago, ab24_5qh said:

Motherwell fan tells me that he has had a poor season, was not a starter when they had a fully fit squad and has a serious lack of pace......I hope he is just bitter about him leaving!

What utter crap. He was only ever on the bench as he was out injured(ensuring he could leave for free in the summer). He comes back in the team after agreement with Motherwell to rip up the extension clause as they were panicking about relegation after a 4-1 defeat to Kilmarnock. He comes back in and they are unbeaten in 90 minutes(one penalties defeat) for 6 games in a row, keeping 4 clean sheets. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Good signing. I actually thought Celtic would sign him. Doubt they'd have played him much though

it will be good to watch the Euros and watch a player we have signed a deal to sign.... for the first time since Euro 96

Not sure he will play much but it is a great to have players in the fold for euros. I can see Mckenna coming back in as he’s the best CB we have. But players like Gallagher have taken advantage when Mckenna got injured so it’s a tough call. How does the payments for appearances work, do we get cash for Gallagher or will it go to Motherwell? 

2 minutes ago, slippers said:

Not sure he will play much but it is a great to have players in the fold for euros. I can see Mckenna coming back in as he’s the best CB we have. But players like Gallagher have taken advantage when Mckenna got injured so it’s a tough call. How does the payments for appearances work, do we get cash for Gallagher or will it go to Motherwell? 

Not sure Mr Clarke agrees with you about McKenna.  He seems to like to play a back 3 (probably more to do with trying to shoe-horn Tierney and Robertson into the same starting 11 than actually really believing it is the best system for us) and within that, Tierney obviously is his first choice to play on the left and Hanley seems to be his preference to play in the centre.

Gallagher might have a chance of starting on the right hand side of the 3 if Clarke can resist the temptation to shove McTominay in there.