Declan Gallagher

16 minutes ago, slippers said:

Not sure he will play much but it is a great to have players in the fold for euros. I can see Mckenna coming back in as he’s the best CB we have. But players like Gallagher have taken advantage when Mckenna got injured so it’s a tough call. How does the payments for appearances work, do we get cash for Gallagher or will it go to Motherwell? 

Why would we get it when he's not our player until the end of his contract? 

25 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Not sure Mr Clarke agrees with you about McKenna.  He seems to like to play a back 3 (probably more to do with trying to shoe-horn Tierney and Robertson into the same starting 11 than actually really believing it is the best system for us) and within that, Tierney obviously is his first choice to play on the left and Hanley seems to be his preference to play in the centre.

Gallagher might have a chance of starting on the right hand side of the 3 if Clarke can resist the temptation to shove McTominay in there.

Brilliant from Clarke isn't it. Two of the worlds best left backs and we play neither of them at left back.

Plays a back 3 and only plays one central defender in it. 

4 hours ago, Tommy said:

Aye, his contract ends 30 June and Motherwell will correctly get the money if selected.

That will only be for the group games. Up to that date.

We will get the cash for Scotland's participation after June 30 in the Quarter Finals, Semi Finals and Final.

9 hours ago, Tommy said:

Aye, his contract ends 30 June and Motherwell will correctly get the money if selected.

That’s shit that. We should make a deal with him. Tell him to quit Well as soon as season ends & we’ll sign him as a out of contract early & split the compo with him ?

17 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye.

it was basically a polite shut the fuck up to Motherwell.

One or two on Twitter haven’t been quite so polite 

Fuck knows what they’re whinging at, every club does it. 

This should be our strategy , go out and rape Motherwell , StJohnstone etc etc for the players coming out of contracts , we won't get them all but it's the way to go 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Aye.

it was basically a polite shut the fuck up to Motherwell.

One or two on Twitter haven’t been quite so polite 

Fuck knows what they’re whinging at, every club does it. 

Not just that... they had what, 2 meaningless games left. What did they stand to lose by us announcing it now. He could have signed a pre-contract in January FFS!

1 minute ago, Tinyweelad said:

Not just that... they had what, 2 meaningless games left. What did they stand to lose by us announcing it now. He could have signed a pre-contract in January FFS!

Aye, I could understand their annoyance if they had the Cup Final to play, or a couple of relegation battles, but they haven’t.

Glass was right to diplomatically tell them to ram it. 

1 hour ago, redstrummer said:

This should be our strategy , go out and rape Motherwell , StJohnstone etc etc for the players coming out of contracts , we won't get them all but it's the way to go 

Agree.

Hayes, Shinnie, McLean, Ferguson are all good examples of players taken when out of contract &/or bought for small fees.

Got good service out them all & in Hayes case, a good fee. 
And likely to be the same with Lewis Ferguson 

It’s something we should do as much as we can. 
A few hundred grand to get £2m, after 100 games from them. 

1 hour ago, The Gee Man said:

Quality from Glass. The double standards of these clubs is outstanding, very well managed and a great sign of things to come going forward 

We signed and announced him at the burning embers of the season for which there's literally no grounds to get hung up about from Motherwell's point of view. Compare this to the like of the huns who tactically release stuff to the press about wanting to sign our players, on the week running up to a match against them and indeed, you can see the double standards!

50 minutes ago, Tinyweelad said:

We signed and announced him at the burning embers of the season for which there's literally no grounds to get hung up about from Motherwell's point of view. Compare this to the like of the huns who tactically release stuff to the press about wanting to sign our players, on the week running up to a match against them and indeed, you can see the double standards!

6 weeks of the papers demanding McInnes move to rangers mid season in the same league.sporting integrity died years ago in this country

• 3 weeks later...
44 minutes ago, Macski said:

Another player with leadership qualities, a commodity that appeared to be lacking in recent times. Hopefully this lad is hitting his prime now rather than starting the decline that can come with age. 

Welcome to the club Declan. 

I’d hope he’s not declining now at 30 when he’s spent a couple of years sat on his hoop in the jail 

56 minutes ago, Zander1903 said:

were ppl  happy when Hughes signed? i had him our fifa team when i was a nipper & he always did well but as a player i canna remember him

No. He had just been released after playing about 3 games for Motherwell. 

He was shite for Rangers, shite for Leicester then had 1 good season at Motherwell when they finished 3rd (sure we finished 4th). Got a move to Norwich on the back of that and soon went back to being shite. 

He was absolutely awful for us. I don't think I can think of a worse central midfielder who played at least 20+ games

42 minutes ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

No. He had just been released after playing about 3 games for Motherwell. 

He was shite for Rangers, shite for Leicester then had 1 good season at Motherwell when they finished 3rd (sure we finished 4th). Got a move to Norwich on the back of that and soon went back to being shite. 

He was absolutely awful for us. I don't think I can think of a worse central midfielder who played at least 20+ games

Gary McDonald?

Mark Kerr?

Fergus Tiernan?

Nigel Pepper?

Gary Dempsey?

Ray McKinnon?