Gary Woods signs pre contract

9 minutes ago, DieHardDon said:

I'm not opposed to the idea. He will probably feature more than Brown over the course of next season right enough. I suppose it depends on what other transfers Glass has up his sleeves.

I'll be very surprised if Brown isn't captain for the games he plays.

I'm not particularly fussed who is made captain, as long as we are signing players who are mentally stronger than the team of wimps we've had to watch this season. 

A real leader shouldn't need a bit of elastic around their arm to influence things - see Shinnie before the rat was stripped of the captaincy when they were here.

Happy enough with Gary Woods signing but only remark would be weve obviously decided to go with Lewis as number 1 for another year or two.

It's not been his best season but on balance weve far bigger fish to fry this summer than the goalies so fair enough we go with Lewis, Woods and Ritchie.

Captaincy. Lewis to be promoted to Club Captain and Scott Brown to be appointed Team Captain would be my shout.

It’s always difficult to get too excited about a no2 keeper being signed, but he seems as good a back up to Joe Lewis as we could hope for on what we’ve seen so far.

Well we assume he’s been signed as a no2.

Stephen Glass might prefer to play him as he’s more confident & comfortable playing the ball with his feet.

Call me old fashioned but I’d rather my keeper was good at shot stopping, making saves & dealing with crosses, which in the main Joe Lewis does.

Joe Lewis like a lot of others under the Mcinnes regime were too comfortable in there position and under very little pressure for it. Hopefully now Woods has showed he is a decent keeper Joe might up his game again. Be very interesting to see who starts on Wednesday

3 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Be very interesting to see who starts on Wednesday

If we weren't still going for third, Woods would probably finish off the season. Lewis is clearly still our number one but Woods hasn't really done much wrong. 

But we really need to beat Hibs and then we'll most likely need something from the Sevco game so I guess, if Joe is fully fit, Glass'll have to play his strongest team. 

Guest milne_afc

Lewis got an affa easy time of it, mainly for not being Jamie Longfield, but he’s been shit for a couple of seasons. Rumours that he suffers quite badly from depression which rings true as he always looks incredibly sad.

34 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Lewis got an affa easy time of it, mainly for not being Jamie Longfield, but he’s been shit for a couple of seasons. Rumours that he suffers quite badly from depression which rings true as he always looks incredibly sad.

He Fuckin depressed me after St Mirren in the League cup

21 hours ago, Andy_123 said:

I'll be very surprised if Brown isn't captain for the games he plays.

I'm not particularly fussed who is made captain, as long as we are signing players who are mentally stronger than the team of wimps we've had to watch this season. 

A real leader shouldn't need a bit of elastic around their arm to influence things - see Shinnie before the rat was stripped of the captaincy when they were here.

Exactly - should have a team full of “captains” 

We’ve made a good start signing two players with leadership qualities.

Woods a decent signing as well but think Lewis should continue as number one 

3 hours ago, milne_afc said:

Lewis got an affa easy time of it, mainly for not being Jamie Longfield, but he’s been shit for a couple of seasons. 

Havers min. Aye he’s had a few howlers this season but he’s won us plenty points as well with some great saves 

• Upvote 1