Aberdeen 0 - 1 Hibernian

Hedges has to start. Lewis I'd be leaving until next season, Woods has done just fine in his absence. We need to see if Ramsay can hack it at this level so I'd be playing him this match and leaving MacKenzie on the bench. Playing both would be asking for trouble with Martin Boyle around.

Logan?????? It's a situation I've never seen before where a loaned player returns from a lower league club who's season has already ended but although the rules are different for lower league clubs I suspect the normal registration rules apply to the SPL and he cannot play for us. 

6 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Hedges has to start. Lewis I'd be leaving until next season, Woods has done just fine in his absence. We need to see if Ramsay can hack it at this level so I'd be playing him this match and leaving MacKenzie on the bench. Playing both would be asking for trouble with Martin Boyle around.

Logan?????? It's a situation I've never seen before where a loaned player returns from a lower league club who's season has already ended but although the rules are different for lower league clubs I suspect the normal registration rules apply to the SPL and he cannot play for us. 

So who plays left back then? Hayes?

• Downvote 1

I reckon Glass will go with experience as we have a squeak of a chance of getting 3rd. 

Woods

McCrorie Hoban Considine Hayes

Ferguson McGeouch

Hedges McGinn Kamberi

Hendry 

subs; Ritchie, Taylor, Ramsay, MacKenzie, Campbell, McLennan, Kennedy, Hornby, Ruth 

• Upvote 1
10 hours ago, Byrne Baby Byrne said:

Be as well go all out. Try and give them a doing and turn the goal difference around. 

if we end up getting beat.... does it matter

Absolutely agree 100%.

Would also go some way to shutting up doubters, such as myself.

Know a few Hibs supporters who are waiting for them to "Hibs" it, either by not securing third place or by losing the cup final.

Third place is, admittedly, a long shot but, if we give them a wee humping, which Tims replicate the following week, with their minds on cup, we can go to Ibrox with the further incentive of spoiling the Huns party + perhaps a late grab of third place.

Back to BBB's point would rather we went for the throat tomorrow night, instead of playing cagey. If we ultimately get beat so be it, but at least the intent will be there. COYR!!

4 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Meaningless game but hope we kick lumps out of them just to help St’s do the double.

Keep Hibs on same level playing field as us in Europe next season & let St’s cash in & enjoy it.

Aye best scenario for us is if we're going to miss out then Hibs missing out too will soften the blow 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Meaningless game but hope we kick lumps out of them just to help St’s do the double.

Keep Hibs on same level playing field as us in Europe next season & let St’s cash in & enjoy it.

Problem with that though is we don't have any players who would kick lumps out of anybody, a squad of fannies

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Crucial if the be all and end all for the club is 3rd place.

Worryingly Glass actually said “I know what finishing 3rd means to this club”.

That was a bit McInnes-like for my liking. 

Third this season means guaranteed European groups and a couple of million extra income. Maybe that's what he meant? 

2 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Crucial if the be all and end all for the club is 3rd place.

Worryingly Glass actually said “I know what finishing 3rd means to this club”.

That was a bit McInnes-like for my liking. 

Finishing 3rd from where we are today is definitely not McInnes-like.

Finishing 3rd this season means we need to beat Hibs tonight and also take point down at Ibrokes.

15 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Finishing 3rd from where we are today is definitely not McInnes-like.

Finishing 3rd this season means we need to beat Hibs tonight and also take point down at Ibrokes.

Unless we pap Hibs for 5 tonight. Then we only need to match what they do against Celtic at the weekend.........if they get beat 1-0 then we could afford the same result v sevco.

It's a long shot for sure and makes it all the more galling that we couldn't have hung on for those 3 seconds v Celtic.  

It would be glorious if we beat the Huns in the final game of the season to end their "invincible" tag that they have been spouting for weeks.

Even more glorious if it also means we leapfrog Hibs into Third. 

People going on about 3rd being meaningless etc, but the aim is still always to finish as high as possible and from this stage right now, 3rd is that goal. 

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

Unless we pap Hibs for 5 tonight. Then we only need to match what they do against Celtic at the weekend.........if they get beat 1-0 then we could afford the same result v sevco.

It's a long shot for sure and makes it all the more galling that we couldn't have hung on for those 3 seconds v Celtic.  

Of course, anything is possible. reality given the games we've had so far against them is that it will be close.

They know that a draw tonight practically secures third, so don't expect them to open up to be honest, certainly not early doors.

I think we'll win, but it will be a tight affair.