Aberdeen 0 - 1 Hibernian

4 minutes ago, Jazzer08 said:

We had so much possession, but we looked absolutely clueless with it. A pass forward to a teammate with their back to goal, only to pass it back to either the same player or someone further back... repeat, repeat, repeat. Just not enough movement or runs being made in behind - so much play with back to goal. That's fine enough if you have lots of movement and play quick 1-2 or triangles to open up space but there was very little of that - everyone seemed too far from the ball so the obvious pass was back to defence again. Most passes seemed to be a safe option too, overly engineered and too much time taken over it - no zip to the play whatsoever. Severely lacking in creativity and really toothless upfront. Hedges was at least trying to come up with something different but it just wasn't happening for him -  when he's on his game he seems to be the only one out there that looks in any way dangerous. Glass needs to pull a rabbit from the hat and find some decent strikers and a couple more creative players/actual footballers. The new style of play is certainly more pleasing on the eye, but we currently don't have the players to both play this way and get results. It's all very well keeping possession and playing the ball around but there needs to be a cutting edge and we just don't have it. A big summer ahead.

We lack creativity, and even if we had creativity we lack the strikers needed to benefit from it.

There's little to no genuine width... I mean, we have wide players, but they're so bad we may as well not... and in the middle we lack anyone who can see anything but the obvious pass.

Our defense is also slower than Sunday at a funeral.

We need a clear out of epic proportions. 

• Downvote 1

I thought the intent was there Tonight to play football and get forward, but the players are just not good enough, playing from the back and in midfield we were just far too slow moving the ball allowing Hibs to keep their shape. My biggest gripe so far with Glass is the decision to persist with Mclennan when surely Ramsay should be getting a run. Hoban and Mcginn cannot get new contracts and if Ross isn't good enough to get on in a game as bad as that he should be moved on also

2 minutes ago, Ke1t said:

We lack creativity, and even if we had creativity we lack the strikers needed to benefit from it.

There's little to no genuine width... I mean, we have wide players, but they're so bad we may as well not... and in the middle we lack anyone who can see anything but the obvious pass.

Our defense is also slower than Sunday at a funeral.

We need a clear out of epic proportions. 

Absolutely spot on. Everything is laboured as fuck.

Maybe it’s a good thing we haven’t finished 3rd

That might’ve papered over cracks for Cormack & Glass?

I just hope he lets the out of contract players all go to give him as much scope as possible to change things.

I was looking forward to the clear out and the influx of a load of new players but the last week or so, with the paper talk of re-signing a few duds, & Clark Robertson possibly incoming, has deflated me a bit. 

Signing a good striker & a winger/creative midfield player will help boost the optimism again. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Maybe it’s a good thing we haven’t finished 3rd

That might’ve papered over cracks for Cormack & Glass?

I just hope he lets the out of contract players all go to give him as much scope as possible to change things.

I was looking forward to the clear out and the influx of a load of new players but the last week or so, with the paper talk of re-signing a few duds, & Clark Robertson possibly incoming, has deflated me a bit. 

Signing a good striker & a winger/creative midfield player will help boost the optimism again. 

Didn't Glass assure us that none of his signings would be shirt-fillers, and that they'd all be "quality"?

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Oh for this kind of quick, direct passing...

It makes you want to cry when you remember how good we were then. Just amazing play leading to that goal by big Dunc. He was lethal - no fucking about, just bang into the net.

• Like 1
4 hours ago, Millertime said:

Which is what I have been saying for weeks

I've never been more confident before a match before 

This added training time will have given russell the change to improve our attacks and Glass to get the rest trained re use of the ball

We will score 5 tonight 

Good shout there.....

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

Roll on the clear out. I hate most of these players 

+1. fucking release the lot that are out of contract. A really really poor season and time for a total rebuild.

Aberdeen manager Stephen Glass: "I am a little bit frustrated. The performance was right up there. I think the threat they carried looked like a team that were doing what we asked them to do.

"We are going to try and do our business next season to get to where we want to be. The reason for me arriving in April was to evaluate. A lot of decisions have to be made on players. We will certainly add quality and the future looks bright."

4 minutes ago, 1983 said:

Aberdeen manager Stephen Glass: "I am a little bit frustrated. The performance was right up there. I think the threat they carried looked like a team that were doing what we asked them to do.

"We are going to try and do our business next season to get to where we want to be. The reason for me arriving in April was to evaluate. A lot of decisions have to be made on players. We will certainly add quality and the future looks bright."

If he seriously thinks the performance was right up there then he is not the man who should be in charge. I thought we were garbage.

7 hours ago, torry_battery_ram said:

If he seriously thinks the performance was right up there then he is not the man who should be in charge. I thought we were garbage.

Aye but maybe he sees things that us fickle fans don't,and also thinking ahead of how some of them will fit in with players he has in mind of bringing in.?

Achhhhh. It's been covered already - an end of season, going through the motions shite game.

It's frustrating to lose to a gash hibs side but I do think despite an end of season, going through the motions performance but for a keeper fuck up and two embarrassing misses we would have won won that.

A horrendous run of form since new year, but if Griffiths hadn't equalised a few weeks back and 3rd place was on, I think we would have won that last night and finished 3rd. That's not to detract from the fact that we need to get better quality players in and improve next season. We finished where we deserved to finish

Hibs are fucking gash

1 hour ago, DelMonte said:

A lot of pant pishing going on.

I thought we played alright and deserved a draw at least. Dominated and missed good chances. 

With better attacking players we win that game no bother. 

I like to think this is where Glass is coming from. We did try to play the ball on the deck and we did move it about in the first half, we were just too slow and lacked any cutting edge and composure in the final third. Once the goal went in though I did think a good few of them went into hiding and some of them plainly aren't good enough. If Hendry takes his chance it would have Benn a different outcome

Matty Kennedy is just one of a number of players that are just not up to it but for me he yesterday epitomised exactly what is wrong with this group. 

When he gets played in on the left of the box, he has a chance to be positive and take on a shot. It's either a direct goalscoring opportunity or the keeper can spill and someone can gamble on the rebound or he can drive in a low cross. But he cuts back and passes it backwards and we end up losing the ball. 

They are so risk averse and scared to the point where they will move the ball backwards in the seemingly safe option, until anything that could be a chance becomes either a loss in possession or allows the other team to recover ground. 

Over and over again. It's insanity. It has gotten to the point where we concede in the first half and you know chances are the game is finished. 

3 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Matty Kennedy is just one of a number of players that are just not up to it but for me he yesterday epitomised exactly what is wrong with this group. 

When he gets played in on the left of the box, he has a chance to be positive and take on a shot. It's either a direct goalscoring opportunity or the keeper can spill and someone can gamble on the rebound or he can drive in a low cross. But he cuts back and passes it backwards and we end up losing the ball. 

They are so risk averse and scared to the point where they will move the ball backwards in the seemingly safe option, until anything that could be a chance becomes either a loss in possession or allows the other team to recover ground. 

Over and over again. It's insanity. It has gotten to the point where we concede in the first half and you know chances are the game is finished. 

I took that to be because Kennedy is too one footed. Dont think ive ever seen a more one footed footballer. 

Glass keeps going on about "the players doing what we want them to do" McInnes used to have his methods, which latterly focused far too much on defensive play and other teams quickly became wise to it. The better teams have high levels of flair and imagination and can adapt to situations rather than just stick to the same approach all the time. Folk on here used to ask if McInnes had a plan B. Maybe the same question will be asked of Glass sooner rather than later.

11 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

I took that to be because Kennedy is too one footed. Dont think ive ever seen a more one footed footballer. 

Either way, does it not play into the same mindset? Doesn't trust himself to be positive and use his left for a strike or drive to the byline and get a ball across. 

26 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Glass keeps going on about "the players doing what we want them to do" McInnes used to have his methods, which latterly focused far too much on defensive play and other teams quickly became wise to it. The better teams have high levels of flair and imagination and can adapt to situations rather than just stick to the same approach all the time. Folk on here used to ask if McInnes had a plan B. Maybe the same question will be asked of Glass sooner rather than later.

You can lead horses to water for a drink,  but if the horses  have  no idea how  to drink.     Get a new horses.       ( That will do what you want them to do.)     Cormack and company need to get a move on signing ✍️the super players they promised.?

• Dildo 1