Aberdeen 0 - 1 Hibernian

9 minutes ago, Stoneybloke said:

Glass keeps going on about "the players doing what we want them to do" McInnes used to have his methods, which latterly focused far too much on defensive play and other teams quickly became wise to it. The better teams have high levels of flair and imagination and can adapt to situations rather than just stick to the same approach all the time. Folk on here used to ask if McInnes had a plan B. Maybe the same question will be asked of Glass sooner rather than later.

McInnes had 7 years to work on a plan B. Glass arrived in April. Right now I have more interest in his plan A.

15 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Well done on your title win bud, totally  deserved. Moan the sporting ???

Thank you very much!
A big party in Lisbon and all over the country. Thousands of Sportinguistas painted Portugal green and white.
Yesterday I couldn't even work in conditions because of the hangover ??

48 minutes ago, Sheeptastic said:

Either way, does it not play into the same mindset? Doesn't trust himself to be positive and use his left for a strike or drive to the byline and get a ball across. 

Matty Kennedy has only ever had one good game at Pittodrie and that was in a St Johnstone shirt. He looked great in that one game, cutting through our defence time and again, like a hot knife through butter.

Since we bought him he moves more like a supermarket trolley with a wonky wheel pushed in a bog.

• Haha 2

Absolute pish, story of the season. 

DC needs to back Glass now with bags of money, give the fans a reason to buy a season ticket by getting quality players signed up for next season. Brown and Gallagher is a decent start however the area in most need of attention is attacking, it's a scary set up at the minute, the fact that Mcinnes allowed us to be in a position where we had no strikers that were actually ours just underlines his incompetence as a manager.

Absolutely massive summer coming up, we're not in a good state at all right now and i'm still not convinced DC's mate is the right man to fix it.

Fuck knows

11 hours ago, dazzy_deff said:

I took that to be because Kennedy is too one footed. Dont think ive ever seen a more one footed footballer. 

His confidence must be shot to fuck. At St J, he would take the full back on, dip the shoulder and go on the outside. Don’t see any of that now. Maybe it’s how DM has coached him, however, he offers next to nothing on current approach and form. There is a player in there, but, by fuck he’s doing a great job in hiding it. Maybe a change in manager, over a pre season, will reinstall that confidence. If not, he has to go..

11 minutes ago, donswin1983 said:

His confidence must be shot to fuck. At St J, he would take the full back on, dip the shoulder and go on the outside. Don’t see any of that now. Maybe it’s how DM has coached him, however, he offers next to nothing on current approach and form. There is a player in there, but, by fuck he’s doing a great job in hiding it. Maybe a change in manager, over a pre season, will reinstall that confidence. If not, he has to go..

He's got a problem.  He's benched most weeks in this team already.  If we bring reinforcements in you'd think it would be even harder for him to nail down a regular place. 

McInnes ' tactics in his last couple of years really stifled the life out of attacking players. I blame the obsession with 'inverted wingers' combined with playing defenders in midfield. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He's got a problem.  He's benched most weeks in this team already.  If we bring reinforcements in you'd think it would be even harder for him to nail down a regular place. 

McInnes ' tactics in his last couple of years really stifled the life out of attacking players. I blame the obsession with 'inverted wingers' combined with playing defenders in midfield. 

Yup..agree with all of that..why recruit someone based on what he does, then ask him to be and do something he doesn’t have the ability to do. 

18 minutes ago, ollie1903 said:

If it wasn't for Bell's left foot there's a fair chance we may not have won the 1984 Scottish cup 

Aye, it was nae a bad ping to hit the post, but it was clear that the celtic player was trying to force him on to his left as he was so dominant with his right