Aberdeen 0 - 1 Hibernian

I kind of want just a one goal win tonight so we can forget about goal difference and have to go to Ibrox with a good chance that ending the undefeated season will get us third. 

I didn't give us any chance to be fighting for third only 3 games ago so might as well go the other way now and hope for 13 points from the split. 

Let's just make sure we get the win. 

Players should be thriving on going to Ibrox and having a chance of spoiling the party. If they're not up for giving that a real go then they shouldn't be at the club.

Celtic will beat Hibs on the final day. Hibs probably don't give a fuck about third at this point, they've got bigger fish to fry now. 

5 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Crucial if the be all and end all for the club is 3rd place.

Worryingly Glass actually said “I know what finishing 3rd means to this club”.

That was a bit McInnes-like for my liking. 

If 3rd is soooooo important to the club then McInnes clearly should have been sacked at least two seasons before he was. Even though imo it probably should have been about 4.

Just now, fine-n-dandy said:

If 3rd is soooooo important to the club then McInnes clearly should have been sacked at least two seasons before he was. Even though imo it probably should have been about 4.

It’s only important if European football up to Xmas (& an estimated £3m) is up for grabs. 
If it isn’t, then the difference is only £250k in prize money between 3rd & 4th. 
That in itself I suppose is potentially a new player. 

20 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Let's just make sure we get the win. 

Players should be thriving on going to Ibrox and having a chance of spoiling the party. If they're not up for giving that a real go then they shouldn't be at the club.

Celtic will beat Hibs on the final day. Hibs probably don't give a fuck about third at this point, they've got bigger fish to fry now. 

As for Hibs v Celtic, who knows?

Hibs might rest a few ahead of the Cup Final, so you’d fancy Celtic if that were the case.

But Hibs at full strength often take something off Celtic at home.

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

It would be glorious if we beat the Huns in the final game of the season to end their "invincible" tag that they have been spouting for weeks.

I remember us beating the cunts 3-0 at Ibrox last game of the season, in '89 or '90, VDA scoring that day

Let's go.

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Crucial if the be all and end all for the club is 3rd place.

Worryingly Glass actually said “I know what finishing 3rd means to this club”.

That was a bit McInnes-like for my liking. 

Crucial is certainly far fetched although it is important to finish 3rd IMO. We need to at least show we are the best team out with the sides who have 10x our resources 

59 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Utter nonsense.  We were superb under McInnes 4 years ago.  

• Haha 1
44 minutes ago, Tommy said:

32 years ago tomorrow. A wonderful day. Wright and Bett scored the other 2.

The @AFCherewego on Twitter is a good thing to follow as it gives you an “on this day” tweet.

Some great footage of the folk on the St Clair ferry going to/from Gothenburg.

But you also get to see some older footage & goals you maybe haven’t seen, or had forgotten about. 

2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

The @AFCherewego on Twitter is a good thing to follow as it gives you an “on this day” tweet.

But you also get to see some older footage & goals you maybe haven’t seen, or had forgotten about. 

Cheers, will give them a follow. Great to remember the good old days.

1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

It's Ally Begg doing that " on this day " thing on FB , quite good 

Guest milne_afc
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

As an example... 

?

That'll be folk fae the shire. Bunch of hurdy gurdy butes 

3 hours ago, NEM said:

Utter nonsense.  We were superb under McInnes 4 years ago.  

McInnes was found out for the charlatan he was before that by me. I may have still harbored stupidly optimistic wishes he could improve, or even change his style/tactics but boring stubbornness very soon extinguished any optimism 

he was blatantly average, as I have always maintained. A manager blessed with great advantages that have earned him over exaggerated praise he really didn’t have much to do to ‘earn’  

charmed life. NOTHING on his CV is impressive for a manger in my view. Some folk are far too easily impressed now

• Dildo 1
2 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Starting X1:

Woods

McLennan Hoban Considine MacKenzie        
               Ferguson McGeouch

Hayes Hedges Kennedy 

Hendry 

Kennedy on the bench is he not