9 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Aye and he couldn't handle the biggest budget in the league and was sacked within a Year

Besides the point. Point is he basically went after loads of our targets & as a result bumped up their wages/costs as a result but when he has had the better budget than us, he has gotten his man.

Maybe we should sell the cunt Russ Richardson as he seems to like him & I would say we should bin him

4 minutes ago, redcryptoknight said:

McInnes is gone and the same group of players assembled by McInnes, as bad as they currently are, look better organized under Glass and are at least attempting to play football.

If McInnes was the fantastic manager we're told he was, and Glass so inexperienced that he should never been allowed near the Dons job, how is it possible that Glass has McInnes' team playing better than McInnes did?

There are a few possible answers to that question, but none of them favour McInnes.

McInnes had gone completely stale and was rightly sacked after 7 years. It’s debatable that we’re any better. We’ll drop many places if we continue as we’ve been under Glass. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
10 minutes ago, Saturday's Kid said:

Indeed it is. But the goals per game ratio was equalled in three other seasons, 1917 when there was a more important matter going on. The other two were in recent memory 2010 and 2012.

Ah ok so Craig Brown playing for his draws levels it up.

Actually surprising that there’s not an Alex Miller one in there.which shows how bad it’s gotten

Ferguson looks much better as an attacking midfielder but that was a horrendous miss from him today. 

I'd have Brown and McGeouch as the 2 sitters for next season. McGeouch is neat and tidy on the ball and if he gets a proper pre-season in could be an asset.

Would hope thats the last we've seen of Hendry, Hornby and Kamberi.

Lewis needs stripped of the captaincy as his errors are mounting up.

Thought 4-0 was harsh but not too surprising with this squad of players.

35 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Yeah bbc has them at 9 off target to our 11 & both with 4 on target.

clearly our problems in that game (&as a whole) are in both boxes. GK, defenders, & strikers. Not much really ?

You're right min. Joe Lewis was OK today apart from his bout of brain fog in the first half when he passed it out for a corner. Badly need a couple of strikers along with a left footed centre-half. 

2 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No, it says how good we were in the first half of the season 

And a season lasts a season 

Yeah when McInnes was forced into playing Scott Wright and stumbled upon signing Marley Watkins on a short term deal. It went to shit shortly after Cosgrove came back and McInness tried to shoehorn him into the team.

1 minute ago, Millertime said:

Thats the thing he is supposed to be good at though, technique and composure?

Yes and he (we) got punished the one time today when it wasn't spot on.  There isn't a football player in the world that gets it right 100% of the time.

Also spot being a cunt, I'm nae in the mood for your pish today Cesc.

1 minute ago, SDY said:

McInnes had gone completely stale and was rightly sacked after 7 years. It’s debatable that we’re any better. We’ll drop many places if we continue as we’ve been under Glass. 

Do you think we would have even held onto 4th had we kept McInnes? I genuinely think we would have struggled. 
At least when Glass came to try & polish his turd we actually started to attack & play a little better but end of day he’s still working on the McInnes stinking turd he left behind.

We were clearly on a downward spiral under McInnes so if Glass can stop then reverse that trend then that is the minimum we have to expect. 
He needs backing from board though. Like McInnes had with (until COVID where everyone around us were affected) a budget that was increased year on year

Hate losing to them. We shot ourselves in the foot. Some decent play but only a few of the team deserve to be part of the future here. A few decent experienced players along with the younger ones playing proper fitba and surely we will be much better next season. Over to the board.

7 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

Positives from today. 1) Mcgeough and Hedges played nae bad. 2) Kennedy never got on. 3) The seasons over so hopefully thats the last we'll see half of those jokers in a red shirt again.

Negatives from today...........a season and a half on from him signing........you and a fair number of others still cannot spell "McGeouch". FFS how hard can it be? Think of how you pronounce "Alan Rough"........stamp it out fgs.

Lewis. I've had enough of him. We can't get rid due to his contract but be we need better. Make Siegrist an offer he can't refuse before he fucks off to the continent.

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

No, it says how good we were in the first half of the season 

And a season lasts a season 

And in a full season we scored 36 goals in 38 games and finished with a negative goal difference. As I said that says more about the state of the league than anything impressive that AFC did the season.

2 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Negatives from today...........a season and a half on from him signing........you and a fair number of others still cannot spell "McGeouch". FFS how hard can it be? Think of how you pronounce "Alan Rough"........stamp it out fgs.

Lewis. I've had enough of him. We can't get rid due to his contract but be we need better. Make Siegrist an offer he can't refuse before he fucks off to the continent.

I actually copied and pasted from the guy a few posts above. I still canna spell McInness either.

20 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Do you think we would have even held onto 4th had we kept McInnes? I genuinely think we would have struggled. 
At least when Glass came to try & polish his turd we actually started to attack & play a little better but end of day he’s still working on the McInnes stinking turd he left behind.

We were clearly on a downward spiral under McInnes so if Glass can stop then reverse that trend then that is the minimum we have to expect. 
He needs backing from board though. Like McInnes had with (until COVID where everyone around us were affected) a budget that was increased year on year

If McInnes was manager next season what would the expectations have been? 

What are the expectations for Glass? It seems like they’re being considerably lowered by the same people who cried endlessly about things not being an achievement under McInnes. 

• Dildo 2

Didn’t even watch the game. Looks like I made the right choice.

Lewis hasn’t had a good season, but for me he’s still got enough goodwill from the rest of his time here to see if he can rediscover better form once we are rid of half this team of wasters. He’s been a poor captain though.

I reckon if Glass can get the right players in in summer we’ll be good to watch next season, he at least sets us up to try and play football unlike McInnes. Not his fault that he’s inherited a team of losers unable to play basic 5-10 yard passes. 

14 minutes ago, SDY said:

What are the expectations for Glass? It seems like they’re being considerably lowered by the same people who cried endlessly about things not being an achievement under McInnes. 

Third is expected for pass marks as bare minimum. I don’t like how excuses are creeping in for him already. He’s got a chance to replace half the bloody squad, absolute no excuses after him and Cormack shouting there mouth off about recruiting “quality” players. We need to recruit players that can pass the ball, is Robertson good with the ball at his feet? As much as I’m against Robertson signing if he’s a ball playing defender it’s a very VERY small step in right direction.

How many times did Lewis roll it out to our defenders today for them to pass it between themselves 3/4 times then it goes back to Lewis and it’s launched. You can see we are attempting to play it out from the back but our players aren’t capable of doing it.  

17 minutes ago, SDY said:

McInnes next season imo would have had us finishing yet again 4th at best but his trend having us regressing would far more likely have had us finishing 5th than 3rd. I fail to see how anyone can even debate that as his stats & form & negative tactics point to downward rather than upward trend.

Glass will be facing a tougher challenge than any of the seasons McInnes has had but even if he is given the same budget as McInnes then I would expect 4th AT THE VERY VERY LEAST from him first season. Even with the huge work he has to do to repair (more so replace) the team/squad. 

If Cormack backs him with decent funds, as he rightly should after all the faith in him he has tried to convince the fans of, then I shall expect better than 4th in first season as minimum.

Hibs potentially having a few £m extra budget with player sales & especially if they get the rewards of winning cup could make things very very tough for him though. Hence one of a few reasons this next season will be far tougher than ANY of the seasons McInnes has had to compete in.