1 hour ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

If anything that should be used as an example of undervaluing. 

18 months on from that deal he was suddenly worth 10 times that. 

Not the reality Consi.

We are not in the overinflated bubble market. Oliver McBurnie, Oliver Burke etc would be examples of overinflating.

The reality is, they are willing to take a gamble in the Scottish market to see if they get a John McGinn, when they could in effect get a Sam Cosgrove.

£3M with a sell-on add-on is where we will shake the hand (bump elbows) on the deal.

39 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

If we were binning every player for every mistake that led to a goal we'd not have much of a squad left. 

Fan favourite Joe Lewis would be sold immediately for his shite season. 

1 minute ago, DelMonte said:

I’m sure you were furious with the deal given to him at the time.

Never particularly rated him. I always said a good goalkeeper not a great one. I got absolutely panned for it about 18 months back when I said we needed someone better

He is what he is.......a guy signed from Cardiff's reserves

9 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

Never particularly rated him. I always said a good goalkeeper not a great one. I got absolutely panned for it about 18 months back when I said we needed someone better

He is what he is.......a guy signed from Cardiff's reserves

Best keeper we’ve had for about 20 years 

Just now, NEM said:

Best keeper we’ve had for about 20 years 

Agree. Just had a stinker of a season littered with errors. 

Livingston at home, huns away, and the worst St Mirren in the cup, I'm probably being generous and missing a few. 

His attempt at a save the other day was laughable. Cringeworthy. 

Just now, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Agree. Just had a stinker of a season littered with errors. 

Livingston at home, huns away, and the worst St Mirren in the cup, I'm probably being generous and missing a few. 

His attempt at a save the other day was laughable. Cringeworthy. 

He’s had some howlers no argument there. He’s also saved us numerous times this season as well.

Captaincy needs given to someone else and let Lewis concentrate on his own game again. He’s the least of our worries. As someone posted earlier we’ve the 4th best defensive record in the (admittedly shite) league.

4 minutes ago, NEM said:

He’s had some howlers no argument there. He’s also saved us numerous times this season as well.

Captaincy needs given to someone else and let Lewis concentrate on his own game again. He’s the least of our worries. As someone posted earlier we’ve the 4th best defensive record in the (admittedly shite) league.

He really isn't the least of our worries.

He isn't good enough.

The only thing that saves him from getting punted is his megabucks long contract. And I've long stated I'm sure the captaincy is inbuilt into that contract. It's a fucking 10 ton millstone the club has round it's neck and one that Glass will be cursing throughout his tenure

13 minutes ago, NEM said:

He's cost us more than he's saved Imo, especially with that cup exit. 

13 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

He isn't good enough.

The only thing that saves him from getting punted is his megabucks long contract. And I've long stated I'm sure the captaincy is inbuilt into that contract. It's a fucking 10 ton millstone the club has round it's neck and one that Glass will be cursing throughout his tenure

Over dramatic nonsense. He’s going through a poor spell - hardly the end of the world 

11 minutes ago, NEM said:

Over dramatic nonsense. He’s going through a poor spell - hardly the end of the world 

I prefer my version

He's not good enough. 

We are stuck with him

He will continue to have embarrassing, costly howlers 5 times or more per season. And his distribution from foot will be frankly amateurish

1 minute ago, Ten Caat said:

I prefer my version

He's not good enough. 

We are stuck with him

He will continue to have embarrassing, costly howlers 5 times or more per season. And his distribution from foot will be frankly amateurish

He's a goalkeeper ffs.

2 minutes ago, minijc said:

He's a goalkeeper ffs.

So he won't receive any passbacks ever again then?

If he could reliably fuck them 60 yards up the park every time it wouldn't be quite so bad but he can't even do that.

Football has changed. Modern day goalkeepers are expected to have more than a passing acquaintance with controlling a ball, passing it on to a team-mate in a bit of space to start off a passage of play.

His confidence looks shot. 

Definitely needs to be relieved of the captaincy. Never a captain.  

His kicking is poor but he's better than Woods at just about everything else that a goalkeeper needs to do. 

I think he has enough goodwill to be given a chance to find his form again. 

There is a chance he might want a fresh start himself. Can't see many of the McInnes players remaining once the dust settles. 

• Upvote 1

Whilst I dont disagree TC it is also incredibly naiive to think a team that is bereft of confidence isnt going to be pressed mercilessly a la Saturday if they start trying to fuck about at the back either.  Having zero forward or wide threat simply adds to this pressure.  If nothing else it simply brings two more players forward in their wing backs to add to said pressure. 

Thats what I personally am looking for from Brown.  Yes by all means try to introduce good habits of which playing out from the back and retaining the football is one.  But dont think come Saturday you're going to be up against the training cones youve been doing well against all week (during which time Im sure watching on there was a lot to like about us!).   

1 hour ago, aberdeen1970 said:

His confidence looks shot. 

Definitely needs to be relieved of the captaincy. Never a captain.  

His kicking is poor but he's better than Woods at just about everything else that a goalkeeper needs to do. 

I think he has enough goodwill to be given a chance to find his form again. 

There is a chance he might want a fresh start himself. Can't see many of the McInnes players remaining once the dust settles. 

All the Mcinnes pussycsts have been sulking since he left.   RE. The performances.  Get rid of them all Mr Glass.   

• Dildo 1
1 hour ago, shooftahmooftah said:

It was the Mchunis who made him captain,  say no more. 

Aye I think TC is right. 

McInnes was using whatever supplement a captain gets to help secure players on extended contracts. 

Which was OK with regards to Shinnie but was clearly a bad idea when it came to Jack and Lewis. 

Lewis has unquestionably been a shite choice as captain. It just looks like we don't even have a captain these days.

But happy for him to stay in goals. We should really look at this summers rebuilding job as a huge opportunity, because the quality of the league is absolutely abysmal. We almost finished 3rd with that shower of shite and scored about 7 goals last season. 

• Upvote 1
5 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

He isn't good enough.

Jesus Christ. Bit of bad form and that’s him. He’s been brilliant every other season.