Christian Ramirez - new #9

12 minutes ago, Roberto said:

Glass worked with him? Or how has this come about?

Atlanta tried to secure him last campaign for the injured Martinez. Assume we have spoke to them about him. No idea if Russell played with him or knows him? Would assume Glass knows a little about him too? 

https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/platform/amp/2016/7/6/12094234/atlanta-united-should-steal-christian-ramirez-away-from-minnesota

little bit of context 

seems Atlanta have been interested in him for 4 years now, wonder if his age now has put them off but with glass working in the league he played in, he must know him, the Atlanta scouts definitely do, so thinking they are passing on info to us about a good player?.

It’s all about value for money. If he signs a 3 year deal and on anywhere near the same amount of money as he is in states we need 50-60 goals minimum from him. 

Know very little about him but signing a 30 year old with a poor scoring record in previous 3 seasons dosnt exactly strike me as spending our budget “better”.

Delighted to be proved wrong. Certainly more excitement with him than a injury prone league 1 striker with terrible  scoring record. 

4 minutes ago, sheepcrooky said:

Fuck me RJ, that must be a record. One post and two down votes. I haven’t told the guys here how negative you are, honest. 

? changed days. The Anchor Man has left the building so all is good. 
Back on topic....I would like the signing of Ramirez as it would be someone relatively unknown to us fans. Something different for our opponents to deal with. I just can’t see it happening.

• Downvote 2
51 minutes ago, Robin Askwith said:

Yeah, cause as everyone knows in football, as soon as you hit 29 years old, your finished. 

Sarcasm apart, the point is that there is nothing wrong with having 2 or 3 over 30s in your squad, but it’s mental to then add 4 more, 5 if this guy signs. 

Serious questions need to be asked of the strategy if this continues 

7 hours ago, super_al said:

Red John did you sign up to P&B and AFC Chat?

I have a look on here now and again especially during the transfer windows to see if anyone has any inside information on anyone we could be signing. Mainstandmoan over on mad seems to be the person who has most clout when it comes to inside knowledge. 
To answer the original question, yes.

Hope you acknowledge I put forward your request about Griffiths? 

3 minutes ago, sooth_stander said:

Sarcasm apart, the point is that there is nothing wrong with having 2 or 3 over 30s in your squad, but it’s mental to then add 4 more, 5 if this guy signs. 

Serious questions need to be asked of the strategy if this continues 

Vardy still banging them in at 35 for Leicester....If he came out the day and said I want to play for the Dandies,would you say fuck off your too old?

• Upvote 1