Christian Ramirez - new #9

2 hours ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I reckon he will be OK as a second striker. But we'd definitely still need a first choice. 

I don’t think the club will be jumping through hoops with the MSL, work permit appeals etc for Ramirez to be a back up.

I’d think he’ll be no1 centre forward.

Emmanuel-Thomas as 2nd choice & some Callum Hendry type shite to be 3rd choice. 

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 1
1 hour ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I don’t think the club will be jumping through hoops with the MSL, work permit appeals etc for Ramirez to be a back up.

I’d think he’ll be no1 centre forward.

Emmanuel-Thomas as 2nd choice & some Callum Hendry type shite to be 3rd choice. 

Disappointing if that is the case. He's 30 and his goal scoring exploits have been in decline for the past few years. 

There was a time when he was banging them in, but that was a while ago. 

As such given his pedigree he's worth a punt to see if a move to Scotland could reinvigorate him.  But as first choice striker its madness. 

• Upvote 2
1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Disappointing if that is the case. He's 30 and his goal scoring exploits have been in decline for the past few years. 

There was a time when he was banging them in, but that was a while ago. 

As such given his pedigree he's worth a punt to see if a move to Scotland could reinvigorate him.  But as first choice striker its madness. 

I agree its more than a bit risky this one, and still hoping there is another striker first team worthy brought in. Remembering JET will play a lot of minutes deeper than striker. 

14 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Exactly. It isn’t exempted from the travel ban so he wouldn’t be allowed to travel there. 
You need to keep up. 

He could sneak in on exempted list if his wife or kids are American but don’t know if this is the case

Both Glass and Cormack are back in America.

19 minutes ago, Sheepo said:

Love how Guys on here judge players they have never actually seen play  to be shite

I am convinced that some just don’t really like change. I am pretty sure Ramirez would do very well for us if signed. We need something different up front from the usual suspects we attracted in the past few years. 
At least we are looking outside of the UK for players now.

5 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

I read his goal scoring records. 

There is a reason why Hibs were able to predict that Doidge and Nisbett would score goals. 

Most folk on here laughed when Hibs signed Nisbett. 

So you're admitting you've never watched Ramirez in action? Cool.

12 minutes ago, dazzy_deff said:

Most folk on here laughed when Hibs signed Nisbett. 

So you're admitting you've never watched Ramirez in action? Cool.

Most folk on here were wrong then. Most folk on here though Wilson would be good, the stats screamed that he would fail and he did. Most folk on here thought Kennedy would be good, the stats screamed that he would fail and he has. Most folk on here thought Curtis Main....... well I guess they called that one right. 

So basically you're saying that we cant comment on a player unless we've seen them in action, despite the fact that nowadays we have a wealth of information on their contributions by way of goals and assists. 

Me watching him won't change how many goals he's scored. 21 in the last 3 and a half years. 

And to be clear, I'm not one of the people saying he is shite. But a 30 year old striker who's goal scoring is on the decline, is a massive gamble if he's being signed as the main man.  

As  I mentioned I reckon he is worth signing to see if we can reinvigorate him, but not as the main man  because if Ramirez doesn't spark into life then we've got JET and who knows else to fall back on. 

2 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Is Gurr joining on loan or permanently?

The whole thing sounds a bit strange. 

He's been released/waived by Atlanta but apparently the rules allow another MLS team to take him? 

But considering he's only made a handful of appearances that seems unlikely so I'm assuming at the end of that period he is free to look elsewhere. 

Which I guess means we get him on a free even though the media here have been talking about a loan.  Unless we are then loaning him from the MLS due to player contract agreements there? 

It's all a bit ambiguous. 

I think the important thing to remember here is that yes his stats look a little in decline but any striker we have signed in the past that’s been a moderate success Cosgrove and Rooney both had poor stats at previous club and were success stories here. Assuming he’s first choice but if he’s second I’m looking forward to finding out who 1st choice is. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, slippers said:

I think the important thing to remember here is that yes his stats look a little in decline but any striker we have signed in the past that’s been a moderate success Cosgrove and Rooney both had poor stats at previous club and were success stories here. Assuming he’s first choice but if he’s second I’m looking forward to finding out who 1st choice is. 

So say we get this guy & he’s good/bad/average 

Where the fk s the ambition from Cormack & Glass? Where are the signings with potential to not only do well for us but to actually have/increase sell on value?

We sign this guy & that will be all of Glass’s first FIVE signings that are basically zero potential for selling. 
Brown, Gallagher, JET, Woods & this guy. Are they all over 30 also?

Right now all these players actual stats are becoming the lesser of the concerns. More so is our fkn signing policy & what we are looking at/for.

Where’s the ambition, the exciting signings, the young ones with serious potential?

Oh , maybe Gurr is meant to tick one of those boxes? Or Robertson ?

seriously starting to doubt this cunt Cormack. I’m thinking he’s just as sleekit as Milne ever was, just got real hair & whitened teeth. Pure snake oil salesman is all I have come to see from his actions when he should be putting his money where his mouth is. 

Only actual decent rumoured signing we have heard about is McGrath that ‘could’ tick some boxes. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2