Christian Ramirez - new #9

2 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

We all know what they are. The point still stands that we must start the season on fire. It’s been too long for our club to not put in a real challenge for the league title.

Sorry to break it to you,  but that ain't happening.  Especially if we're loading up with 30+ year old has-beens or never-weres.

• Dildo 2

1 hour ago, Ernie McCracken said:

Aye you're right. The joke's on Hibs ?

Only Nisbet is the real deal IMO. 300k on Diodge for 19 league goals in 64 appearances is average. Simon Church had a better ration. Also they have bought a fair amount of shite strikers over the years too ie Collins. It's also easier to attract players to come to Edinburgh over Aberdeen..

My issue with Ramirez is I haven't heard of the lad, been living in California for 8 years and been a season ticket holder for San Jose Earthquakes for 6 years. Was hoping to watch the guy last night but he didn't come off the bench. I think for the effort to sign him and the fact he'd want a boat load of cash to sign, I'd pass on this. I see he's also only managed 89mins in six games this season, unfortunately I would say the MLS is a better level than the SPL but he doesn't seam to be one of their go to players now. 

That being said, there is a lad called Cade Cowell at the Quakes, he'd be a fantastic signing. Absolutely no chance of him though, will be playing for a top European team in a couple seasons.

• Dildo 2
41 minutes ago, Durrant Dived said:

Only Nisbet is the real deal IMO. 300k on Diodge for 19 league goals in 64 appearances is average. Simon Church had a better ration. Also they have bought a fair amount of shite strikers over the years too ie Collins. It's also easier to attract players to come to Edinburgh over Aberdeen..

He’s far superior to anything we had this season but personally believe he’s overrated. Don’t think he will go on to be a regular in EPL. 

1 hour ago, Don Pops said:

That being said, there is a lad called Cade Cowell at the Quakes, he'd be a fantastic signing. Absolutely no chance of him though, will be playing for a top European team in a couple seasons.

Thanks for building our hopes up then dashing them in the same paragraph. 

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Sorry to break it to you,  but that ain't happening.  Especially if we're loading up with 30+ year old has-beens or never-weres.

Have a bit confidence in Cormack and Glass. We need a squad of players. He (Cormack) said we are aiming to win every competition we enter so trust me when I say I will certainly criticise him myself if I find it all to be a fallacy.

What I will say at the moment is....the best of luck to them both.

• Upvote 1
6 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

Our model should really be about signing young players with a future in the game (if we cannot rear our own ones) and who could possibly net us a decent transfer fee 2-3 years down the line.

Everyone is saying this as if it’s some kind of genius master plan. Realistically this is already us and pretty much every other side the premierships plan. 

the problem is Scottish footballers are generally crap so it’s not like these young guys who will net millions are easy to find 

1 hour ago, Don Pops said:

Aye there there’s a loon called Mbappe at PSG. He’d be a fantastic signing. 

absolutely no chance of him though

• Haha 4
17 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

It's marketing speak.  You think Cormack actually has his sights set on winning the league this season,  never mind a Euro trophy?  

I still want to think we will win every competition we enter (in Scotland). The day I lose that then it’s time to chuck it. 
I was fortunate enough to witness Aberdeen under Ferguson and I still hope I can see another manager lead us to a league title. 
Cormack could well be full of it, but since we have had the club run by an absolute imbecile before him then I really want him to do well. 
This season should really see what his intentions are for the club.

• Upvote 4
3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Even in a fantasy world there is nothing in any of our signings or rumoured signings to even dream we could compete or give any of them a ‘real fright’ & yes I include Brown in that lot. 

Some real delusional beliefs being put into this strategy of signing a bunch of basic ‘experienced’ players

3 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

We have a very dinosaur approach to signing players now it seems. 
We even appear to have numerous fans that are supporting & making shite excuses to justify it

You are the biggest bed wetter on here.  Can you just not give it a break with the negativity on any signings or suggested signings. Filling the team with youngsters with alleged potential will not bring the success that every one craves or is demanding in Glass's appointment.We will not be successful with a team full of up and coming 20 year olds that you seem so eager for us to sign. We need team with the majority of experienced older players complemented with 3 or 4 up and coming promising younger players. So lets just wait and see who this new Management team sign and judge them on the results next season and stop pishing the bed before a ball has been kicked.

• Upvote 6
  • Dildo 1
7 hours ago, cruickc2 said:

You are the biggest bed wetter on here.  Can you just not give it a break with the negativity on any signings or suggested signings. Filling the team with youngsters with alleged potential will not bring the success that every one craves or is demanding in Glass's appointment.We will not be successful with a team full of up and coming 20 year olds that you seem so eager for us to sign. We need team with the majority of experienced older players complemented with 3 or 4 up and coming promising younger players. So lets just wait and see who this new Management team sign and judge them on the results next season and stop pishing the bed before a ball has been kicked.

So arrogantly delusional 

bordering on happy clapping some would say ?

• Downvote 1
  • Dildo 6

It’s all went quiet regarding the Ramirez transfer folks. I would like to see it done. Maybe he was not used during the last match so he didn’t get a knock/injury of some sort before the proposed move to the Dons. 
I imagine Gurr will be signed this week plus at least 1 other. 

4 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

It’s all went quiet regarding the Ramirez transfer folks. I would like to see it done. Maybe he was not used during the last match so he didn’t get a knock/injury of some sort before the proposed move to the Dons. 

There’s the fairly major obstacle of a work permit, even if he does agree to sign, having taken a massive pay cut from his alleged £700k per year salary. 

On the opposite end of the scale, Gurr will accept £70 per week.

• Dildo 1
34 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

There’s the fairly major obstacle of a work permit, even if he does agree to sign, having taken a massive pay cut from his alleged £700k per year salary. 

On the opposite end of the scale, Gurr will accept £70 per week.

Sign the Gurr!

1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

He’s been reading the comments on this chat site, and told Cormack and Glass to stuff it.    

• Downvote 2