Christian Ramirez - new #9

8 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Has Dave Cormack balked at the wages for Ramirez? The pursuit of him has went stone dead. 

Work permit could take weeks to be granted or rejected. Would assume personal terms are all agreed. Will have to appeal it and put a case up for him being allowed to come over as it should be rejected! 

On 5/30/2021 at 8:27 PM, Don Pops said:

My issue with Ramirez is I haven't heard of the lad, been living in California for 8 years and been a season ticket holder for San Jose Earthquakes for 6 years.

If the famous Don Pops hasn't heard of him, the lad Ramirez is clearly a dud.

Next. 

I hope I'm proven wrong but I think the SPFL and MLS are very close in standard so it's worrying he's not scoring regularly at the moment.

However sometimes a striker needs a change of scene and we can hope he comes good.

I'd be very nervous if our three strikers are Ramirez, Hendry and JET. That's got JET becoming number 1 and managing 12 goals all season written all over it.

22 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

Ramirez just got the small issue of a work permit now then? I'm still clutching at the hope he is not the number 1 striker.

I'm the same. Although I suspect even with a large wage cut, he'll still be on a reasonable wage here based on rumours of his current wage. Going by DC's traffic lights comment regarding wages and minutes on the pitch it makes me think he'll be first choice.

2 minutes ago, Henry said:

A walk around the charity shops on Union Street

A socially distanced pint at Soul

A shot on the dodgems at Codona's. 

Bang, 30 goals a season

I'm sure we'll know by the end of July if he's going to be any good. I'm hopeful but it would take a lot of pressure off him by signing another striker likely to do something (e.g. not Hendry or Hornby)

2 minutes ago, TheRedPrawcess said:

I'm the same. Although I suspect even with a large wage cut, he'll still be on a reasonable wage here based on rumours of his current wage. Going by DC's traffic lights comment regarding wages and minutes on the pitch it makes me think he'll be first choice.

Im really pleased to see our player search expand beyond the British isles and applaud the club for trying something different.

He can't be any worse then Main, Cosgrove of this past season, Hendry, Kamberi or Hornby. He's worth a shot and clearly wants to be here so good luck to him.

• Upvote 2
12 minutes ago, BonnieDon said:

Im really pleased to see our player search expand beyond the British isles and applaud the club for trying something different.

He can't be any worse then Main, Cosgrove of this past season, Hendry, Kamberi or Hornby. He's worth a shot and clearly wants to be here so good luck to him.

It's definitely good to see us going for someone outwith the list of players who had 1 good game, or good goal against us. Or recycling old players and targets.

Yeah I'll support him all the same. Unfortunately though, being no worse than those you mention isn't really going to be good enough. It's a 20 goal a season striker we need. Like you say though it seems he wants to be here so hopefully that counts for something.

Delusional/condescending hopes & dreams from Cormack/Glass if they think this is the level for our 1&2 choices up front.

I hope they are still after an actual striker that is capable of hitting 20+ & these 2 are just added extras/bonus experiments 

Cormack lives in some fantasy football world

He’s chairman of Aberdeen not some wee shite club fighting to stay in top flight

• Dildo 1

The Ramirez thing doesn’t make any sense to me… at this stage in his career why is he agreeing to take a wage cut to move from TX to Aberdeen? Seems like he has a young family according to his Twitter…

Surely just stay in the US, pick up some cash and look after your family?

11 minutes ago, Sonoftherock said:

The Ramirez thing doesn’t make any sense to me… at this stage in his career why is he agreeing to take a wage cut to move from TX to Aberdeen? Seems like he has a young family according to his Twitter…

Surely just stay in the US, pick up some cash and look after your family?

Maybe he wants to play a bit more football before he retires ? 

3 hours ago, BonnieDon said:

I'd agree with that. At least we are looking outwith the UK for players, and despite knowing absolutely nothing about him, he'll surely struggle to be worse than what we've had up front since Cosgrove's purple patch ended.

Is there going to be a big enough difference between him and those names above to justify the big money (by AFC standards) he'll be paid? That's the real question. 

• Upvote 1
15 minutes ago, slippers said:

Really hard to see how this is going to work out. I think it’s a disappointment based on what was said in regards of recruitment if he is our no1 striker. I hope we actually get some decent creative players in the door and I’ll feel a bit better about it all. 

I wouldn't like to think of myself as a pant pisher but 2-3 months in to the Glass era and we have not seen any evidence to back up the backhanded slagging of the previous regime and recruitment, and the great big promise of bringing in players of a higher standard.

We've signed JET, Gallagher and Brown so far which given the chance McInnes would have signed them all. He certainly was trying hard to get Gallagher, and JET would have been a typical McInnes signing too if he decided against the three loanees.

McInnes seemed like he was binning Devlin and McGinn to freshen things up but Glass has gone ahead to keep those two.

43 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I wouldn't like to think of myself as a pant pisher but 2-3 months in to the Glass era and we have not seen any evidence to back up the backhanded slagging of the previous regime and recruitment, and the great big promise of bringing in players of a higher standard.

We've signed JET, Gallagher and Brown so far which given the chance McInnes would have signed them all. He certainly was trying hard to get Gallagher, and JET would have been a typical McInnes signing too if he decided against the three loanees.

McInnes seemed like he was binning Devlin and McGinn to freshen things up but Glass has gone ahead to keep those two.

Keeping Devlin is up there with the most stupid player decisions we’ve made in recent years. 
Run a sweep to see how long it is before he’s injured. Again. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 2