Christian Ramirez - new #9

1 hour ago, Sonoftherock said:

The Ramirez thing doesn’t make any sense to me… at this stage in his career why is he agreeing to take a wage cut to move from TX to Aberdeen? Seems like he has a young family according to his Twitter…

Because he sees going from one star to two stars as a step up?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

I wouldn't like to think of myself as a pant pisher but 2-3 months in to the Glass era and we have not seen any evidence to back up the backhanded slagging of the previous regime and recruitment, and the great big promise of bringing in players of a higher standard.

We've signed JET, Gallagher and Brown so far which given the chance McInnes would have signed them all. He certainly was trying hard to get Gallagher, and JET would have been a typical McInnes signing too if he decided against the three loanees.

McInnes seemed like he was binning Devlin and McGinn to freshen things up but Glass has gone ahead to keep those two.

Agreed. McInnes would have been slated for this pretty shit & boring window so far for sure. Not least by me.

Seen absolutely nothing worthy of any kind of excitement or signs of improvements in any way (yet) & will be very surprised if the snake oil salesman Cormack will change much in that respect. He is full of shit imo until he proves me wrong in my doubts of him

• Dildo 3
2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

I wouldn't like to think of myself as a pant pisher but 2-3 months in to the Glass era and we have not seen any evidence to back up the backhanded slagging of the previous regime and recruitment, and the great big promise of bringing in players of a higher standard.

We've signed JET, Gallagher and Brown so far which given the chance McInnes would have signed them all. He certainly was trying hard to get Gallagher, and JET would have been a typical McInnes signing too if he decided against the three loanees.

McInnes seemed like he was binning Devlin and McGinn to freshen things up but Glass has gone ahead to keep those two.

I think Gallagher and Brown are good signings on paper. Jet I can also accept but could go either way in terms of success. But it doesn’t match the bullish attitude on transfer front. Even the Cormack and Gunn interview said we will be looking at places outside uk, intersted to see what happens with that as I still expect 90% of signings to come from uk with exception of Rameriz. 

That Martin Rennie interview hit the nail on the head for me. Any player that isn’t good enough to make first team squad in MLS isn’t good enough for Aberdeen. Be surprised if loaning any player from Atlanta B helps us on a footballing front other than save us a bit of money. This Gurr chap seems to be the exact signing we should no longer be signing, if he starts ahead of Ramsey this season it’s ridiculous. I get the impression that Cormack thinks MLS is miles ahead of the Scottish game, which it is infrastructure wise but not football wise. 

• Upvote 1
5 minutes ago, slippers said:

I think Gallagher and Brown are good signings on paper. Jet I can also accept but could go either way in terms of success. But it doesn’t match the bullish attitude on transfer front. Even the Cormack and Gunn interview said we will be looking at places outside uk, intersted to see what happens with that as I still expect 90% of signings to come from uk with exception of Rameriz. 

That Martin Rennie interview hit the nail on the head for me. Any player that isn’t good enough to make first team squad in MLS isn’t good enough for Aberdeen. Be surprised if loaning any player from Atlanta B helps us on a footballing front other than save us a bit of money. This Gurr chap seems to be the exact signing we should no longer be signing, if he starts ahead of Ramsey this season it’s ridiculous. I get the impression that Cormack thinks MLS is miles ahead of the Scottish game, which it is infrastructure wise but not football wise. 

The very cheap players in the squad (including maybe 2 x atlanta on £0/Week) only gets applauded as a good shout because we can push the boat out on two players who prove decisive in us achieving our objectives.

Any season, or moment, when we are not achieving objectives it's rightly going to be called out as to why are we taking in bodies far below the required standard.

The above has to be understood. No one in their right mind is thinking us taking an Atlanta 2 player in to our first team is going to make us better.

5 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

The very cheap players in the squad (including maybe 2 x atlanta on £0/Week) only gets applauded as a good shout because we can push the boat out on two players who prove decisive in us achieving our objectives.

Any season, or moment, when we are not achieving objectives it's rightly going to be called out as to why are we taking in bodies far below the required standard.

The above has to be understood. No one in their right mind is thinking us taking an Atlanta 2 player in to our first team is going to make us better.

I’d rather we promoted the RB behind Ramsey in pecking order than get this guy in. That would save us as much money if not more. We already have Ramsey and McCrorie who can also play there. We desperately need decent strikers and creative players. The fact that Glass thinks this guy is good enough to feature for our first team puts pressure on his eye for a player. If he’s absolutely hopeless it isn’t going to look good. 

Loved Cormack and Gunn talking the talk but I am beginning to wonder if the people that doubted him are correct. We have a week or 2 for all these “star” players to arrive! Probably end up going into euro qualifiers with half a squad.

21 minutes ago, slippers said:

I’d rather we promoted the RB behind Ramsey in pecking order than get this guy in. That would save us as much money if not more. We already have Ramsey and McCrorie who can also play there. We desperately need decent strikers and creative players. The fact that Glass thinks this guy is good enough to feature for our first team puts pressure on his eye for a player. If he’s absolutely hopeless it isn’t going to look good. 

Loved Cormack and Gunn talking the talk but I am beginning to wonder if the people that doubted him are correct. We have a week or 2 for all these “star” players to arrive! Probably end up going into euro qualifiers with half a squad.

Ramsay is 17 years old. There is nobody behind him in the pecking order.

Personally I don't think it's too clever going with Ramsay, McCrorie, Virtanen, Mackenzie, Considine and Hayes as the full backs.

None of them would be the envy of the other teams in the league. 

• Upvote 2
  • Dildo 1
1 minute ago, Tord31 said:

Personally I don't think it's too clever going with Ramsay, McCrorie, Virtanen, Mackenzie, Considine and Hayes as the full backs.

No sure tord, mind consi said that the best defender and tackler on a one vs one was Mackenzie!, the real one not the one on here!. Think he will push on this year, agree about our RB situation, IMO we have none that could fulfill a season. Excited on what the young loon can do this season

1 hour ago, Zeus said:

All 4 will be at next year's world cup

Yip

some amount of pant pishing going on here ?

Delighted if the club are thinking outside of the box for once, only way weve got of possibly competing with the scum 

• Dildo 1
37 minutes ago, NEM said:

Yip

some amount of pant pishing going on here ?

Delighted if the club are thinking outside of the box for once, only way weve got of possibly competing with the scum 

Aye when I look at the likes of StMirren signing the same old tired SPL regular signings I am Happy to see us exploring different options.

No idea how good this Ramirez will be but Glass and Russell will know a lot more about him than anyone one on here that's for sure

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

If it means saving the cash to get some quality forward thinking players in door I would happily live with them both at fullback. I think that’s ultimately why Gurr is being spoke about. We don’t want to recruit a O’Donnell who would start every game and limit Ramsay for example. If all is well in the world Ramsay will be a better RB than O’Donnell  in a couple seasons! Hopefully in a few years time the management if still here will have a better finger on pulse in terms of the pathway for youth and will fill the holes accordingly and not have half the squad to change every summer. 

14 minutes ago, slippers said:

If it means saving the cash to get some quality forward thinking players in door I would happily live with them both at fullback. I think that’s ultimately why Gurr is being spoke about. We don’t want to recruit a O’Donnell who would start every game and limit Ramsay for example. If all is well in the world Ramsay will be a better RB than O’Donnell  in a couple seasons! Hopefully in a few years time the management if still here will have a better finger on pulse in terms of the pathway for youth and will fill the holes accordingly and not have half the squad to change every summer. 

I'd honestly pick Ramsay right now over O'Donnell. No fucking idea what Clarke sees in him, the guy is a liability in a Scotland shirt and I'm glad that McInnes failed to bring him in 18 months back after a very public pursuit of the player.

Gurr I can live with bringing in as long as it's to share the right back duties with Ramsay this coming season as he's not yet quite physically up to a full season as first choice. But if Gurr is being brought in to be the absolute first choice then I do have a big problem with it as he would hamper Ramsay's development seriously. I suppose Glass could try to farm Ramsay out to a Championship club for the full season but I think he'd be better off playing 20 games for us in the SPL/cups than around double that in the league below

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

Aye I’m sure the likes of Dundee and Ross County will be turning out better full backs ?

27 minutes ago, NEM said:

Aye I’m sure the likes of Dundee and Ross County will be turning out better full backs ?

Jason Naismith did he leave County? He's certainly better than any of our fullbacks. Not sure what Cammy Kerr is like these days

2 hours ago, Sheepo said:

Aye when I look at the likes of StMirren signing the same old tired SPL regular signings I am Happy to see us exploring different options.

No idea how good this Ramirez will be but Glass and Russell will know a lot more about him than anyone one on here that's for sure

They also signed JET & we’re willing to give Kamberi & Hendry a chance. With both of them requiring a fkn fee if they conned them.

My faith in their judgment is 50/50 at best at moment. Especially given they even considered running the rule over those players.

They strike me as kids with their dads car keys when he’s away on hols 

• Dildo 2
28 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I've not seen much of Ramsay but ive high hopes for him. He looked good against Dumbarton but was at fault for the Griffiths late equaliser. Cost us two points by not having the energy left to stop the cross

You are being hard on the lad, it was the vastly experienced Considine that let Griffiths have all the time in the world to get the goal. 

• Downvote 1
1 hour ago, Sheeptastic said:

I can't see this one going through. Too many hurdles. From what I've read it sounds like if we get the MLS on board with the deal, we're still relying on an appeal on the work permit front. 

I tend to agree.  I just can’t see on what basis he would be granted a work permit.  Unless he has a British Granny it’s either tier 2 or elite sportsperson visa.  Looking at the criteria required for both its going to be extremely difficult for the club to argue the case for him getting a  permit.   

1 hour ago, Kiriakov33 said:

I tend to agree.  I just can’t see on what basis he would be granted a work permit.  Unless he has a British Granny it’s either tier 2 or elite sportsperson visa.  Looking at the criteria required for both its going to be extremely difficult for the club to argue the case for him getting a  permit.   

Chidibere got a work permit. Anyone can.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/christian-ramirez-close-aberdeen-transfer-24276734

Scott Burns reporting that the fee and terms have been agreed but the visa and work permit are an issue.

Also, states that although we still want Clark Robertson and Jamie McGrath, the chances of those happening are slim. Have heard whispers that McGrath could be going to Peterborough.