Christian Ramirez - new #9

13 hours ago, Sheeptastic said:

I can't see this one going through. Too many hurdles. From what I've read it sounds like if we get the MLS on board with the deal, we're still relying on an appeal on the work permit front. 

Ramirez need a work permit but it seems Jack Gurr doesn't

• Haha 2
  • Dildo 1

9 hours ago, Sheepo said:

You would Imagine discussions would have taken place before we went and negotiated a fee Etc.

Unless it was conducted by Celtic. Then everything would have been announced into the public before they'd even spoken to the player, only for it to fall through and for them to look silly AGAIN

12 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/christian-ramirez-close-aberdeen-transfer-24276734

Scott Burns reporting that the fee and terms have been agreed but the visa and work permit are an issue.

Also, states that although we still want Clark Robertson and Jamie McGrath, the chances of those happening are slim. Have heard whispers that McGrath could be going to Peterborough.

Wouldn't trust that source.... Gurr on loan? He was released from Atlanta! 

On 5/17/2021 at 5:38 PM, fine-n-dandy said:

Cannot believe folk are falling for this pish ? pleb comes on having taken into account that were are clearly in desperate need of strikers & (with the Glass history in States) has searched for any exciting but hardly exactly‘plausible’ to even be eligible to sign for Aberdeen. 

OP has also VERY NOTABLY been completely absent from thread for ages to avoid any & all questions on the matter & has already proven it to be complete shite

Hes a kick in the jeer off signing , he understands the game makes good runs and angles he will score a wad of goals , get him signed .......early doors yet , give him a chance.

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, DonsManDan said:

Wouldn't trust that source.... Gurr on loan? He was released from Atlanta! 

Don't think Gurr was released by Atlanta.

He just moved up to the Atlanta A team in April.

The linkage in wikipedia is referencing Atlanta United, Lisandro López agree to mutually terminate contract. not Gurr

8 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Don't think Gurr was released by Atlanta.

He just moved up to the Atlanta A team in April.

The linkage in wikipedia is referencing Atlanta United, Lisandro López agree to mutually terminate contract. not Gurr

Was announced by Atlanta on 28th May 

23 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

No. And the cynic in me thinks Ramirez will be here for a year then off to Atlanta 

Quite possibly, although I don't see why Atlanta wouldn't just sign him straight away if they wanted him? Unless there is some sort of MLS loophole / problems with internal transfers they want to get around.

I do think the Atlanta connection will do good, but there will be a few eyebrow raises to go with it along the way haha! Hernandez the first of many! 

1 hour ago, afc1903mad said:

Seems strange as they signed him up to Atlanta 1 on 05th April to then be waived on 28th May

Americans are strange fuckers when it comes to contracts.

In American (gridiron) football it isn't unusual for a team to sign a player and waive him within a week

48 minutes ago, DonsManDan said:

Quite possibly, although I don't see why Atlanta wouldn't just sign him straight away if they wanted him? Unless there is some sort of MLS loophole / problems with internal transfers they want to get around.

I do think the Atlanta connection will do good, but there will be a few eyebrow raises to go with it along the way haha! Hernandez the first of many! 

So far (player wise) it’s been horrendous.

Gallagher, Hernandez (& probably Gurr).

40 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Not necessarily.

The way I see it is that the players who can’t get in their team shouldn’t be getting in ours.

And obviously the better ones won’t be allowed to, or will be too expensive. 

That's the main issue with this relationship, partnership, whatever you want to call it. 

The teams are too close in terms of their levels to be able to help each other out much on the playing front. 

But they've invested a fair sum of cash in our club and will want something in return which makes us the junior party. 

Just now, aberdeen1970 said:

That's the main issue with this relationship, partnership, whatever you want to call it. 

The teams are too close in terms of their levels to be able to help each other out much on the playing front. 

But they've invested a fair sum of cash in our club and will want something in return which makes us the junior party. 

I don’t see what the benefit to them is either though. 
Things like the Hibs/Brighton tie in I get.

They maybe get first dibs on trying to sign the likes of Doig, Hibs get a promising youngster on loan etc

But us & Atlanta? Nah, don’t see it at all. 

Lets see what Ramirez brings! I can only presume the idea of tapping into our Scout Network this side of the pond, is the avenue Atlanta want to tap into. 

But at the very least it is making us look at players we wouldn't have looked at before just down to geographical location.