Christian Ramirez - new #9

2 minutes ago, Zeus said:

"don't see what he brings" 

Regular viewer of Houston Dynamo, LA FC and Minnesota United? 

Just looking at his stats - looks like a player at end of career - not banging them in - bench warmer - pension time in Aberdeen seems more likely than the next big thing - never seen him play but his stats are not encouraging - maybe he misses lots/is unlucky or is in a shite team (but he's still their bench warmer - I can look at team sheets).

7 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Don't see what he brings other than age - currently banging them in 1 goal every six games over the last two years - hardly going to set the heather (or the cactus) on fire let alone the sheep

Think exactly the same but I guess majority of strikers that end up in Scotland have done nothing for years and there is some that turn out to be a real hit! It’s a gamble but the pressure is really on him! Not exactly what the marquee signing I hope lad for if he’s first choice but he will get my support! 

6 minutes ago, Crossbow said:

Just looking at his stats - looks like a player at end of career - not banging them in - bench warmer - pension time in Aberdeen seems more likely than the next big thing - never seen him play but his stats are not encouraging - maybe he misses lots/is unlucky or is in a shite team (but he's still their bench warmer - I can look at team sheets).

Did you also write Adam Rooney off after looking at his stats over the couple years prior to joining us?

He'd scored about 4 in 20 odd for Oldham in the 3 tier of English fitba when we signed him. 

My point is, you canna really write Ramirez off unless your an avid follower of Houston Dynamo.  

Folk getting themselves in an affa state about a player I'd imagine most know nothing about. He may turn out rubbish but at least its a change from likes of Curtis Main

3 hours ago, Zeus said:

He'd scored about 4 in 20 odd for Oldham in the 3 tier of English fitba when we signed him. 

My point is, you canna really write Ramirez off unless your an avid follower of Houston Dynamo.  

Folk getting themselves in an affa state about a player I'd imagine most know nothing about. He may turn out rubbish but at least its a change from likes of Curtis Main

What do you base that on. He’s got a Spanish surname? He is 30 and had some good years a few years ago. I’d rather we gambled on someone young who might get good than paid good money (in all likelihood) for someone’s retirement fund. I hope I’m wrong but I’d rather we gambled where the odds are better. 

Yank players are generally very, very fit... I'd take a 30 year old MLS player over your typical pie-eating 25 year old Scottish player any day if it were simply a case of physical fitness. 

Ramirez' age is of zero concern to me... it's his actual ability that I'd question. 

4 minutes ago, Ernie McCracken said:

He's worth a punt if he is our  second choice or supporting striker, but not as the main man. 

I know the SVH rumours are probably made up, but he would be a striker worth getting excited for. 

I cannot see Ramirez coming over here, moving his family to Scotland for 2-3 years, taking a huge pay cut, to be a 2nd choice striker, nor the club going to all that bother, paying a fee, trying to get a work permit.

My guess is Glass wants 3 strikers in.

Ramirez, JET & Hendry, in that order. 

5 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I cannot see Ramirez coming over here, moving his family to Scotland for 2-3 years, taking a huge pay cut, to be a 2nd choice striker, nor the club going to all that bother, paying a fee, trying to get a work permit.

Well if that  is the case we'll just have to pray that Ramirez somehow manages to find his form of 4/5 years ago. 

Guest milne_afc

10 minutes ago, slippers said:

What would be deemed a success? 15 goals minimum?

Breaking an opponent’s leg.

13 minutes ago, NEM said:

Bet you £50 he’s a hit?

Deal

13 hours ago, DonsManDan said:

Lets see what Ramirez brings! I can only presume the idea of tapping into our Scout Network this side of the pond, is the avenue Atlanta want to tap into. 

But at the very least it is making us look at players we wouldn't have looked at before just down to geographical location. 

But because of work permit rules the only players we can possibly sign from there are actual internationals (highly unlikely financially) or players that are British/dual passports & too shite to get games there.

Unless there are other loop holes 

6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

So not the 2nd choice striker then?, if you have him as first choice?.

• Dildo 1
23 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But because of work permit rules the only players we can possibly sign from there are actual internationals (highly unlikely financially) or players that are British/dual passports & too shite to get games there.

Unless there are other loop holes 

He is an international. Played twice for the USA.  I  am  also puzzled if this is true. The guy is 30, maybe he sees a season at Aberdeen and he plays good as a last chance to play in England for good money?