Christian Ramirez - new #9

2 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Houston mucking us about even before we “Try” to get a permit. Move on this deal ain’t happening. We are woefully short up front. This is Russell’s area surely he has links to get boys in now. 

I'm sure i read the club had already applied to the SFA for grounds for a permit? 

12 hours ago, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

Even if Ramirez does get a work permit he wont be here for some time as Houston are looking to bring in a replacement and wont let him leave until they have signed a replacement. Definitely wont be here for the start of preseason and will still have to self isolate for 10 days if a work permit is given and once Houston get a replacement.

Might well not be available for the European qualifying round.

https://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-transfer-news/christian-ramirez-aberdeen-transfer-news-24318426

Some of the press will have a bit of joy knowing we are having difficulty bringing in a main striker. The are so used to sucking the Glasgow two’s cocks that they don’t like the idea of something new. 
I believe Ramirez will be coming to Aberdeen and he will bang the goals in against Rangers and Celtic.

• Downvote 1
3 hours ago, The Gee Man said:

Houston mucking us about even before we “Try” to get a permit. Move on this deal ain’t happening. We are woefully short up front. This is Russell’s area surely he has links to get boys in now. 

Russell may have contacts but that doesn't mean to say we can automatically sign the people we want to.  I think its fair to say if we had managed to sign all the people who were identified as our main targets every season we would have a vastly different team than the one we have. Unfortunately many players just don't want to move up here and we cant just force people to sign for us.

I have also seen comments from a lot of clubs in England and Scotland saying that the market for players is really tough this summer and trying to sign players early is proving to be very very difficult. A lot of clubs are trying to cut wage bills and so players are being offered reduced terms and many have been freed as clubs down south especially are saying they are not going to pay the levels they have paid in previous seasons.

Clubs want a full recalibration on players wages with pay for your average player in general coming down substantially but lots of agents are telling players to hold off signing for anyone as when clubs start coming back into pre season training and the start of the league season gets closer some of those clubs are going to start to panic and they will start to give players what they want again. Clubs are hoping that players whose contracts have now ended will start to shit themselves now that no wages are coming in so will start making decisions on where they want to go. The next few weeks will be interesting to see who blinks first.

I was very critical a few weeks back that it had taken the club so long to decide to advertise the head of recruitment role as Glass had said he wanted the squad to be pretty much completed by preseason and therefore by the time the role was filled the person wouldn't be able to recruit as the budget would be gone. But because the market is so tough and we havnt been able to do all that we had hoped to by now , the one positive might be that we might have our new head of recruitment in place in time to hopefully be able to take advantage of the market and get us some better quality.

On 6/14/2021 at 9:49 AM, DonsManDan said:

I agree... said many a time that the no.10 role MacLean used to play has been void since he left. No link.  

Out of the current squad i think Hedges is best suited to the no10 role, and is possibly better deployed there than out wide.

It depends what system we end up playing though. We did have that no10 position when McInnes played 4231 and had Christie, Maddison, McLean, in there at various points. Latterly when he used that system he had Ferguson in there but he didn't suit that role and was one of the many reasons why the football became painful to watch.

When he moved to 3421 it started well with Hedges and Wright both playing in that sort of position behind a main striker. It went quickly pear shaped when they both became unavailable.

I still don't know what formation Glass will play, other than he seems to favour 4 at the back. If it's a straight 442, there's no real place for a no10 type role. I suspect Brown will be the sole sitter in the midfield if we're trying to play exciting attacking football so maybe its a 4141 which means we still have 2 wingers (Hedges and Hayes at the moment) and 2 more attacking box to box midfielders (McCrorie and Jenks at present assuming Ferguson is off). 

Lewis

Gurr/Ramsay Gallagher Considine MacKenzie

Brown

Hedges McCrorie Ferguson/Jenks Hayes

JET 

• Upvote 1
Just now, Tord31 said:

the head of recruitment wont be able to influence this window so its better to take our time to get it right. the candidate might also have a notice period.

We have already interviewed people and if the market remains logjammed the way it is and we are still not able to get the players we want in the door, the person who gets the role may well be in place and have a role to play this window. It depends on if players & their agents as well as other clubs continue to hold firm until late summer closer to deadline day.

I agree that is likely they will have a notice period but its also likely other clubs will put people on gardening leave if they are going to another club. So even if they are not officially allowed to work for us they can busy at home in the garden planting some seeds ready to flourish and bear fruit for the dons.

On 6/15/2021 at 12:23 PM, SupportmeansSUPPORT said:

I have also seen comments from a lot of clubs in England and Scotland saying that the market for players is really tough this summer and trying to sign players early is proving to be very very difficult. A lot of clubs are trying to cut wage bills and so players are being offered reduced terms and many have been freed as clubs down south especially are saying they are not going to pay the levels they have paid in previous seasons.

The market for signings is tough because lots of players have been freed or offered reduced terms? 

That doesn't make sense. An increase in supply makes the market easier for buyers.

7 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

The market for signings is tough because lots of players have been freed or offered reduced terms? 

That doesn't make sense. An increase in supply makes the market easier for buyers.

Yes, I did explain in the next sentence that there is a standoff between what clubs want to happen and what players/agents want to happen. We are not talking goods here we are talking about people and the labour market.

If the market is flooded with a commodity the price will come down but its a different story with people as they have a choice as to whether they agree to being valued on lesser terms. They can say no. They might be at risk of unemployment but many will be willing to take the risk that they will get a better offer in the days ahead.

The market will be easier if players/agents accept that they are not going to get paid at the rates they have been in the past seasons and will have to accept much reduced terms. But at the moment they still believe if they hold out that clubs will weaken their position later in the window as the season start gets closer and they expect the gravy train will keep running they just need to hold out long enough for clubs to give in to the demands again.

• Like 1

Houston Dynamo reporters saying on Twitter that they will be receiving 250k transfer fee, plus performance incentives. Also saying Ramirez will be taking a medical with AFC on Tuesday. 

for a striker with some international experience, I’d say not bad. I thought it was going to be much higher of a fee. 

Edit: is it possible we paid more and MLS get a portion? I know they own the contracts… not sure how they do things 

20 minutes ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Houston Dynamo reporters saying on Twitter that they will be receiving 250k transfer fee, plus performance incentives. Also saying Ramirez will be taking a medical with AFC on Tuesday. 

for a striker with some international experience, I’d say not bad. I thought it was going to be much higher of a fee. 

Edit: is it possible we paid more and MLS get a portion? I know they own the contracts… not sure how they do things 

another few outlets confirming now too.

https://m.transfermarketweb.com/transfers/mls-houston-dynamo-christian-ramirez-set-to-join-aberdeen-215339

1 hour ago, South Stand Seagull said:

I was surprised that we were paying a fee at all considering his contract was due to end in a few months and given his age there is no sell on potential. I just assumed that as he wasn't getting a regular game that they were keen to just offload him and get his huge wage of their books.

He only cost Houston a total of $250,000 (Dynamo sent LAFC $100,000 in 2019 General Allocation Money, $75,000 in 2020 General Allocation Money, $75,000 in 2020 Targeted Allocation Money). and they signed him a few months after he became an international. Since then he hasn't got regular game time and is now nowhere near the international team.   

1 hour ago, South Stand Seagull said:

Going to cost us a fucking fortune when he wins the Golden boot ?

I could be way off the mark here but reports seem to suggest he is travelling on Tuesday for a medical? Would he not be better off doing his medical in the states? As he can't do one here until he has served a 10 day quarantine. Unless he is already in the UK as he wasn't in the Dynamo matchday squad a couple of nights ago. 

9 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

So now the 250000 pound signing has been made, equivalent to a 20000 pound signing 30 years ago, I’m still waiting for the super duper signings Cormack and Glass said we’re coming in. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   .  

You need to give up on this age thing, if the guy is fit and healthy, these days strikers can play on at a decent level till mid 30's, yeah they may miss some pace, but they should be able to use the experience gained to compensate.
I have no qualms over this, all I am looking for is someone to put the ball in the net 15 - 20 times per season for a couple of seasons at least, he is still young enough to do this.

I will give him the benefit of the doubt, you should too.

• Upvote 3
46 minutes ago, shooftahmooftah said:

So now the 250000 pound signing has been made, equivalent to a 20000 pound signing 30 years ago, I’m still waiting for the super duper signings Cormack and Glass said we’re coming in. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   .  

I think he has the potential to be a good signing. Rooney and Cosgrove were excellent and we got them for pennies. Showing some initiative to sign a player with a goal scoring record is positive.

yes, he hasn’t been in the US national team in the last 2 years; but the fact he has some caps and a goal for his country is a good sign. Is the US national team world beaters? No, but they are no pushover.

people saying he hasn’t been getting regular games lately.. possibly fair; however, the strikers in front of him at Los Angeles and Houston are miles ahead of most strikers in the SPFL. 
not saying he’ll turn out to be a super signing… but we’re looking at new options other than what we’ve looked at for however many years.. worth a try, what’s the worst that happens, we don’t score for months and finish 4th? 

• Upvote 4