Christian Ramirez - new #9

Guest milne_afc
1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

Better get here quick then

He would need to isolate for 14 days.

He should go via Spain.

Save the club a few quid.

11 hours ago, theredshed said:

He is meant to be travelling to Scotland today or tomorrow, according to a guy on Twitter.

Posted a shot of himself on an aircraft on his Instagram story. Looks like the poor bastard is in economy, should have asked for business. 

• Haha 1

Has anyone here actually seen this guy play? Is he any good? It seems we’re pinning a lot of our hopes for this season on this guy (and possibly a fair bit of our budget too). Is he an exciting player that’s going to get us off our seats or is he a Rooney type goal scorer who’s not great to look at but can put the ball in the net? 

32 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Has anyone here actually seen this guy play? Is he any good? It seems we’re pinning a lot of our hopes for this season on this guy (and possibly a fair bit of our budget too). Is he an exciting player that’s going to get us off our seats or is he a Rooney type goal scorer who’s not great to look at but can put the ball in the net? 

From what I’ve read he’s more Adam Rooney type than Wayne Rooney. I don’t think he’s the type of player that will get us off seat but if he scores 15-20 goals he will do nicely! 

39 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I've not watched him play but from what I've read on Twitter, it suggests that he more of a poacher than a fancy player. He needs a creative team around him and he is a bit slow but if he gets a chance in front of goal 9/10 times he'll score, however he is prone to the occasional sitter.

I am really not sure though, this is just what I have read on Twitter from Houston Dynamo fans.

43 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

From clips i've seen on youtube etc, he looks like he knows where the back of the net is. Seems a tidy finisher.  In saying that, I posted a video of Teddy Jenks, a player Brighton fans rave about, and he couldn't pass a ball, so not sure if using a few minute youtube video is a good way of basing opinion. 

What would Brighton fans know about football?  I hope he is everything they're saying he is though, and not what he appears to be from that woeful youtube video!

If Ramirez is more of a Rooney type he'll be reliant on others creating chances for him - maybe Glass is going to revert to the McInnes "golden era" formation and play McGinn and Hayes wide, terrorising full backs and whipping balls in for Roonmirez to finish.

21 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

What would Brighton fans know about football?  I hope he is everything they're saying he is though, and not what he appears to be from that woeful youtube video!

If Ramirez is more of a Rooney type he'll be reliant on others creating chances for him - maybe Glass is going to revert to the McInnes "golden era" formation and play McGinn and Hayes wide, terrorising full backs and whipping balls in for Roonmirez to finish.

McGinn and Hayes will need to lose 5 years from their legs for that to work... so I seriously hope that isn't the plan.  

1 hour ago, theredshed said:

I've not watched him play but from what I've read on Twitter, it suggests that he more of a poacher than a fancy player. He needs a creative team around him and he is a bit slow but if he gets a chance in front of goal 9/10 times he'll score, however he is prone to the occasional sitter.

I am really not sure though, this is just what I have read on Twitter from Houston Dynamo fans.

9/10 times he’ll score? Dinny think so ? if that was the case we’d not have a chance of getting him.

Rooney has been our highest percentage scorer in years overall & I think even he was maybe a 5/10 at best. 

4 minutes ago, Studebaker-90 said:

Well what do you want? A goal scorer or somebody with the ability to beat defenders at will? Haven’t had a player since Jess capable of that. 

A goalscorer in any shape or form it doesn't bother me at this present time. Then we just need to worry about creating chances for him.