Jump to content
Alex_14

Christian Ramirez - new #9

Recommended Posts

What's the bet then?  He breaks someones leg?  Or scores 15 goals? 

Share this post


Link to post
13 hours ago, DonsManDan said:

Lets see what Ramirez brings! I can only presume the idea of tapping into our Scout Network this side of the pond, is the avenue Atlanta want to tap into. 

But at the very least it is making us look at players we wouldn't have looked at before just down to geographical location. 

But because of work permit rules the only players we can possibly sign from there are actual internationals (highly unlikely financially) or players that are British/dual passports & too shite to get games there.

 

Unless there are other loop holes 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

I cannot see Ramirez coming over here, moving his family to Scotland for 2-3 years, taking a huge pay cut, to be a 2nd choice striker, nor the club going to all that bother, paying a fee, trying to get a work permit.

My guess is Glass wants 3 strikers in.

Ramirez, JET & Hendry, in that order. 

So not the 2nd choice striker then?, if you have him as first choice?.

 

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
23 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

But because of work permit rules the only players we can possibly sign from there are actual internationals (highly unlikely financially) or players that are British/dual passports & too shite to get games there.

 

Unless there are other loop holes 

He is an international. Played twice for the USA.  I  am  also puzzled if this is true. The guy is 30, maybe he sees a season at Aberdeen and he plays good as a last chance to play in England for good money?

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

He'll sign and then in 6 months time, after very little impact, it'll be reported he is struggling to adjust to life in Scotland and is homesick.

In step Atlanta to provide an arm around his shoulders. 

Would be nice to be proved long, but let's be honest the above is the most likely scenario.

Edited by Geoff_Tipps
  • Downvote 2
  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post

The credibility of the transfer would be in serious question if this was the case.

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post
46 minutes ago, Oregon Red said:

He is an international. Played twice for the USA.  I  am  also puzzled if this is true. The guy is 30, maybe he sees a season at Aberdeen and he plays good as a last chance to play in England for good money?

He’s made his money - he’s coming here cause he wants to play for the famous and win the treble 😎

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, milne_afc said:

 

Breaking an opponent’s leg.
 

Deal

Great success if the opponents a hun 😄

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
8 minutes ago, NEM said:

He’s made his money - he’s coming here cause he wants to play for the famous and win the treble 😎

Ramirez is on $841,000, around 600,000 pounds ( 11,500 a week). Its quite a bit. He would have to play really well then gat a transfer to a top Championship ot lower EPL side to earn more.

Hay maybe he just wants a challenge. Or maybe the whole rumour is crap.

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

So not the 2nd choice striker then?, if you have him as first choice?.

 

He’s clearly put out across that he won’t be second choice going through the process he listed to sign him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

Maybe has ambitions of playing in Europe and at 30 sees us as a great opportunity to potentially win something? 

 

Folk again getting affa fucking het up 

Edited by Zeus
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, Redtaz2 said:

Although this appears a done deal I recall we had bother before trying to get someone in that required a permit 

and that one of the cheeks spiked it by doing a similar thing just before us 

but if I’m wrong it must be age 

I may be wrong but you may be referring to Joseph Lapira? 

He was on trial at Aberdeen and the dead club, before us. 

Wouldn't have thought you would need a work permit to come on trial to a club in Scotland from the USA as there is no guaranteed permanency involved (i.e. length of working visa required, duration  of employment contract). 

Share this post


Link to post
30 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I may be wrong but you may be referring to Joseph Lapira? 

He was on trial at Aberdeen and the dead club, before us. 

Wouldn't have thought you would need a work permit to come on trial to a club in Scotland from the USA as there is no guaranteed permanency involved (i.e. length of working visa required, duration  of employment contract). 

That is very well remembered. I was racking my brain to get that one as I only recall us being successful with work permits; Chalali, Nwakali etc.

Just had a quick google... another player who played for Bobby Clark

Share this post


Link to post
33 minutes ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

I may be wrong but you may be referring to Joseph Lapira? 

He was on trial at Aberdeen and the dead club, before us. 

Wouldn't have thought you would need a work permit to come on trial to a club in Scotland from the USA as there is no guaranteed permanency involved (i.e. length of working visa required, duration  of employment contract). 

The Joseph Lapira that got a token cap for Republic of Ireland? 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, RED_JOHN said:

The credibility of the transfer would be in serious question if this was the case.

Which would be more credibility than you. 

  • Dildo on Bonnet 2

Share this post


Link to post

Concerned the work permit side of things will drag on with this one without us pursuing a plan B alongside it. Got to imagine there's a high chance of it not being approved. 

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, maryhilldon said:

What's the bet then?  He breaks someones leg?  Or scores 15 goals? 

Breaks fifteen legs and scores one goal. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

That is very well remembered. I was racking my brain to get that one as I only recall us being successful with work permits; Chalali, Nwakali etc.

Just had a quick google... another player who played for Bobby Clark

Cheers min👍. Aye, as you quite rightly say, we were acting on a recommendation by the great Bobby Clark as Lapira was on the books of the team Clark managed at time, Notre Dame. 

Chalali and Nwakali are very good shouts as Aberdeen must have been successful in getting work permits for both on the basis that both had represented their countries at U20 or U23 levels and were open to progression to their respective senior teams. 

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, slippers said:

The Joseph Lapira that got a token cap for Republic of Ireland? 

That's the boy min👍. He got the Irish cap on the back of his Irish grandmother. Very unusual career he had going by what I've read.

An amateur who played college football in the USA who eventually played on a solitary occasion for the Republic in 2007. His career then tapers off somewhat, after being on trial at the dead club and Aberdeen , ultimately playing in the Swedish regional leagues. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Which would be more credibility than you. 

🤣 it’s fun that I get to you

  • Haha 1
  • Dildo on Bonnet 4

Share this post


Link to post
39 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

You don’t.

You're just a tedious cunt. 

You are a friendly chap. We would get on well if you didn’t talk. 

  • Dildo on Bonnet 1

Share this post


Link to post

It's every American's dream too play in Europe. Quite right too.

Share this post


Link to post
32 minutes ago, Ramandu said:

It's every American's dream too play in Europe. Quite right too.

aye your right, but does that apply for a cauld december evening at costa del todders v ross county? i'm nae so sure haha. 

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, DonsManDan said:

aye your right, but does that apply for a cauld december evening at costa del todders v ross county? i'm nae so sure haha. 

You not seen the winter they just had in Texas, he's probably coming here for better weather!

Share this post


Link to post

Winter was a bit rough here but that was MLS off season

Ramirez is on a team with too many good strikers. The dynamo are scoring at least 1 in every game but their defence is awful. They used to be the best team but after Dominic Kinnear left they went off the deep end and have never recovered. Every game was a sell out, not anymore

i do think he will be a success as he is very fit and he is a pupil from Russell’s training programme. The key is midfield, he needs the service. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
1 hour ago, TomballRed said:

Winter was a bit rough here but that was MLS off season

Ramirez is on a team with too many good strikers. The dynamo are scoring at least 1 in every game but their defence is awful. They used to be the best team but after Dominic Kinnear left they went off the deep end and have never recovered. Every game was a sell out, not anymore

i do think he will be a success as he is very fit and he is a pupil from Russell’s training programme. The key is midfield, he needs the service. 

I was over in Houston in 2012 and went to a few games. One thing I noticed was there wasn't much depth in the quality of the players on show. You had Giles Barnes, Boniek Garcia and Tyler Deric as the bigger names, but Adam Moffat was a first team regular, a guy who struggled in Scotland and played for Elgin City and Ross County when they were part-time. 

As exciting as Ramirez could be for us I definitely have reservations about how good he is.

On a side note the BBVA Compass Stadium was a cracker. Sitting in the sun, drinking beer and eating pizza was awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
12 minutes ago, Donmacca said:

I was over in Houston in 2012 and went to a few games. One thing I noticed was there wasn't much depth in the quality of the players on show. You had Giles Barnes, Boniek Garcia and Tyler Deric as the bigger names, but Adam Moffat was a first team regular, a guy who struggled in Scotland and played for Elgin City and Ross County when they were part-time. 

As exciting as Ramirez could be for us I definitely have reservations about how good he is.

On a side note the BBVA Compass Stadium was a cracker. Sitting in the sun, drinking beer and eating pizza was awesome. 

Timbers fan here. I agree as far as 2012..we had Kris Boyd!  But things have improved since then ( I do remember Moffat being a dick)

 

Share this post


Link to post
18 hours ago, Ramandu said:

It's every American's dream too play in Europe. Quite right too.

They did during WW2 with our women.. . Fucking yanks😎

  • Downvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
11 hours ago, TomballRed said:

Winter was a bit rough here but that was MLS off season

Ramirez is on a team with too many good strikers. The dynamo are scoring at least 1 in every game but their defence is awful. They used to be the best team but after Dominic Kinnear left they went off the deep end and have never recovered. Every game was a sell out, not anymore

i do think he will be a success as he is very fit and he is a pupil from Russell’s training programme. The key is midfield, he needs the service. 

Quality Service has been an issue for a while now. Needs sorting pronto.

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...