Lewis Ferguson

21 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

I'd say £3m for Ferguson. He's done well for us, but I think he's regressed in the last year (probably due to the regression of the team generally). I'm really not sure I see him playing in the EPL - I don't think he's got the pace required, or any really outstanding qualities - he's a good all round box to box player. The comparison with James McArthur above is quite a good one, and I suppose it does give some hope that he can forge a good career down south.

When McLean left I thought he would step up to EPL level because of the type of player he was. Shinnie I knew was never going to be EPL level but I thought he'd do fine in the Championship. Ferguson will still improve I'm sure... but I could see him going south for a couple of seasons and then moving to Rangers, and depending on how that works out maybe going back south again.

The boy Calvin Phillips of Leeds had a fantastic Euro’s, Declan Rice did pretty well too. Neither would be highlighted for their pace.

For what it’s worth, I think with better players around him, Ferguson would thrive in the EPL

42 minutes ago, jamiesd said:

May get some movement with Lewis soon.  English clubs back in pre season and will possibly start to do some business in the window.  After the transfer request saga he should be moved on as soon as a decent offer is in.

We hold out for what we believe he’s worth regardless of transfer request. We hold the cards. His wanker agent should of insisted on a low buy out clause if he wanted us to accept a joke amount. Incompetence on his part. 

On 7/16/2021 at 11:20 AM, slippers said:

We hold out for what we believe he’s worth regardless of transfer request. We hold the cards. His wanker agent should of insisted on a low buy out clause if he wanted us to accept a joke amount. Incompetence on his part. 

I don't think the club or agent could insist on release clause with it being a tribunal

2 hours ago, ericblack4boss said:

I don't think the club or agent could insist on release clause with it being a tribunal

I expect there would’ve been some kind of gentlemen’s agreement that if an EPL team came in for him with a decent offer he could go. Unfortunately for Ferguson his agents a fucktard hun who doesn’t have two brain cells and thought that meant any offer from a EPL team he could leave. 

Morale of the story, make sure your agent ain’t a fucktard hun and you’ll be fine

27 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

What’s the general consensus on here regarding Lewis Ferguson….should we keep him or sell the want away player? 
I would move him on.

Sell him for the right money...nothing pitiful like 2 or so million...don't wait like we did with McKenna...if we get a good enough bid...let him go. If not, he stays until someone comes in for him...if he wants a move to EPL then his performances will need to be great...thus his profile and cost will go up

5 minutes ago, RED_JOHN said:

Here is a question for anyone….We sell Lewis Ferguson and our esteemed chairman decides to give Glass £1m to spend from the funds gathered. Who would you like us to realistically sign? 

I would buy Ali McCann 1million 

McGrath from st Mirren as well, 

would be telling the chairman to buy these 2 regardless if he had to put another 500k on it.

36 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

I would buy Ali McCann 1million 

McGrath from st Mirren as well, 

would be telling the chairman to buy these 2 regardless if he had to put another 500k on it.

The big question is, who is really interested in him and prepared to stump up the money Aberdeen want.    He’s here for the whole of next season. 

50 minutes ago, Redtaz2 said:

Realistically sign with 1 m 

1 x midfielder “   McGrath”

1 support striker / winger martin Boyle 

Boyle would certainly be another I would be happy with. Cormack giving Glass £1m to spend on 2 players is nothing to him. It should be a given especially once we sell Ferguson for £3m plus

31 minutes ago, Chester Don said:

I wouldn’t be selling for less that £4.5m with significant sell ons. He is a cracking player in an average at best team last season 

If we did we should be testing St Johnstone’s resolve for McCann and Kerr and still leave millions in bank. 

1 hour ago, slippers said:

If we did we should be testing St Johnstone’s resolve for McCann and Kerr and still leave millions in bank. 

This, McCann is a cracking player. Stoke in for him at £1 mill but Saints wanting more, would love to see us try and get both as they're levels above who we've got imo

9 minutes ago, Granite95 said:

This, McCann is a cracking player. Stoke in for him at £1 mill but Saints wanting more, would love to see us try and get both as they're levels above who we've got imo

Stoke could probably offer him 10-15 K a week, where as we'd probs only manage like 2-4, given the option it's a no brainier for him. Also, we're never spending 1,000,000 on anyone any time soon. McCann is off to bigger and better things. 

29 minutes ago, ConsiCanBoogie1903 said:

Stoke could probably offer him 10-15 K a week, where as we'd probs only manage like 2-4, given the option it's a no brainier for him. Also, we're never spending 1,000,000 on anyone any time soon. McCann is off to bigger and better things. 

Bigger maybe, but unfortunately for most of these players they spend 75% of the time not playing get loaned out to clubs much much smaller than us and then drop off the radar! In 5 years time we are on here as he signs for  a Scottish championship as he tries to get his career back on track 

• Dildo 1