Lewis Ferguson

13 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Bigger maybe, but unfortunately for most of these players they spend 75% of the time not playing get loaned out to clubs much much smaller than us and then drop off the radar! In 5 years time we are on here as he signs for  a Scottish championship as he tries to get his career back on track 

Or alternatively he's class and get a better move for better pay to the Premier League. Players tend to think more positively than fans. 

1 minute ago, afc1903mad said:

Realistically, I'd happily accept a £3M with a 20% sell on clause this summer than hold out for £4.5M with no add-ons and risk it reducing each window that passes

Think the club would likely accept that. 
How much would Glass get do we think? 

Bear in mind, if it was £3m, we’d only get about £1.5m up front & the rest drip fed over 3-4 years of his contract. 

25 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

Bigger maybe, but unfortunately for most of these players they spend 75% of the time not playing get loaned out to clubs much much smaller than us and then drop off the radar! In 5 years time we are on here as he signs for  a Scottish championship as he tries to get his career back on track 

Nah. He's a good player and will probably succeed Davis in the NI team. 

There's no danger he'll be playing Scottish championship. 

42 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You seriously think Ali McCann will drop down to the Scottish Championship?

I believe if young players don’t play and don’t develop it affects their progress and then just become bit part players. So yes I seriously think there is a path for McCann that he could end up in the championship if he doesn’t play and progress 

13 minutes ago, The Gee Man said:

I believe if young players don’t play and don’t develop it affects their progress and then just become bit part players. So yes I seriously think there is a path for McCann that he could end up in the championship if he doesn’t play and progress 

You don't think he'd get another Scottish premiership gig? 

I reckon every team in the league would have him. Certainly everyone outside the Huns and Celtic. And they might even take him as a squad player. 

Can't be many international players who go for £1m that end up playing in the Championship before they are in their 30s

2 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

You don't think he'd get another Scottish premiership gig? 

I reckon every team in the league would have him. Certainly everyone outside the Huns and Celtic. And they might even take him as a squad player. 

Can't be many international players who go for £1m that end up playing in the Championship before they are in their 30s

Could sign for Hearts when they are relegated a few more times.

1 minute ago, The Gee Man said:

You see the likes of Feruz and even Watt to know it happens, tho Feruz can’t even get a championship gig 

I think Ali McCann has a better attitude than those two. 

And neither of those went for £1m when they were playing Scottish premier division. 

McCann can run a midfield at 21 and has broken into the NI team.  He'll be fine. 

He'd walk into our midfield no problem at all. 

22 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

And neither of those went for £1m when they were playing Scottish premier division. 

McCann can run a midfield at 21 and has broken into the NI team.  He'll be fine. 

Great wee player, this is a non conversation surely, championship by fuck, he’s 21 and doing really well.think gee man is puffing the old glass dick.

14 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

Great wee player, this is a non conversation surely, championship by fuck, he’s 21 and doing really well.think gee man is puffing the old glass dick.

Not a non conversation surely it’s a actual conversation with 2 people who maybe think differently, the actual purpose of a forum. No swearing, name calling or mentioning of personal things. 

• Dildo 1
41 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

I hope you are correct in all honesty 

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Aye he's a really good player.  There's a few good young players in our league but folk here tend to be a bit snobby about them sometimes. 

• Upvote 1
4 hours ago, afc1903mad said:

Realistically, I'd happily accept a £3M with a 20% sell on clause this summer than hold out for £4.5M with no add-ons and risk it reducing each window that passes

I’d be going for at least 4.5 million plus add ons but that’s just my personal opinion because I think he is that good 

• Upvote 1

Ferguson is definitely good enough for EPL. Just have to look at some of the ex SPL players who have made a career in the EPL.

McCarthur, McCarthy, Dorrans, Naismith, Steven Davis, fucking Joey Barton was shite up here and looked alright down there.

It's a complete different type of league/style of football. 

Ferguson definitely has the right attitude and ability to progress, boys just away to turn 22, now would be the ideal time to go and learn from better coaches, players, train in better facilities. 

3 hours ago, The_Next_Legend said:

Ferguson is definitely good enough for EPL. Just have to look at some of the ex SPL players who have made a career in the EPL.

McCarthur, McCarthy, Dorrans, Naismith, Steven Davis, fucking Joey Barton was shite up here and looked alright down there.

It's a complete different type of league/style of football. 

Ferguson definitely has the right attitude and ability to progress, boys just away to turn 22, now would be the ideal time to go and learn from better coaches, players, train in better facilities. 

A thought our training park rivalled Man City etc, state of the art?, everything else a agree, 

Guest milne_afc
4 hours ago, Dons79 said:

A thought our training park rivalled Man City etc, state of the art?, everything else a agree, 

?

it’s a changing room.

16 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Take a look at the comparative sizes of them. Those fuckers are about 5 times the size and have 2 or 3  floors, plus swimming pools, indoor full size pitches and some even have stadiums on site. Man City's Academy training centre for their youth teams (totally separate from their Carrington training ground for the first team) dwarfs ours and has a 7k capacity stadium onsite.

Even Celtic's and sevco's have far bigger gyms, swimming pools and indoor pitches. Of course sevco picked theirs up when Chico Green paid about £5.5million all in to acquire it, plus Ibrokes and various other properties in the Ibrox/Govan area. Conservatively I would imagine had it been on the open market for property development, the land alone would have been worth 10 times what Green paid. 

12 hours ago, RED_JOHN said:

We definitely got fleeced by the contractor if that effort at Cormack Park cost £14m. 
A few pitches and a standard sports building. Should have been around 50% of that at the most. 

Didnt realise you were a construction estimator for a living. Well in.