"Jet" signs

22 minutes ago, tightbreeks said:

I think this signing is class. He is a unit, can play football, has a first touch. Give him service into the box and if he takes the pens as well, 20+ a season.

I'm in partridge mode, might get the air bass guitar out and blast the bass solo like alan in his caravan.

In that case (on penalties) he will very likely be as prolific as Cosgrove was

46 minutes ago, tightbreeks said:

I think this signing is class. He is a unit, can play football, has a first touch. Give him service into the box and if he takes the pens as well, 20+ a season.

I'm in partridge mode, might get the air bass guitar out and blast the bass solo like alan in his caravan.

I'm of the same opinion, he's a big loon with a decent touch, showed us already a few times what he can do!....  Music for Chameleons on full pelt.

Hopefully a curtis main/bruce anderson type replacement. Too bad his initials didn't spell bus or something. That'd make more sense. Maybe he could be like Karl Malone. The mail man delivering packages/ bunny tap ins. The only problem with that is we have David instead of John Stockton delivering it to him. 

1 hour ago, PondHopper said:

Hopefully a curtis main/bruce anderson type replacement. Too bad his initials didn't spell bus or something. That'd make more sense. Maybe he could be like Karl Malone. The mail man delivering packages/ bunny tap ins. The only problem with that is we have David instead of John Stockton delivering it to him. 

^ Not a fuckin clue what any of that means.  Anyone? 

• Haha 2
45 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

^ Not a fuckin clue what any of that means.  Anyone? 

Jerome Bettis NFL.. the bus with no brakes. Fat running back. John Stockton and Karl Malone lost in the NBA finals twice to the jordan bulls in the late 90s. John Stockton is the all time assist leader. Malone is high up in points. Surely behind Kareem. Got a lot of easy lay ups from John. 

David is John's son. A crappy towel waiver with an undeserved pro stint.

10 hours ago, PondHopper said:

Jerome Bettis NFL.. the bus with no brakes. Fat running back. John Stockton and Karl Malone lost in the NBA finals twice to the jordan bulls in the late 90s. John Stockton is the all time assist leader. Malone is high up in points. Surely behind Kareem. Got a lot of easy lay ups from John. 

David is John's son. A crappy towel waiver with an undeserved pro stint.

You're on a Scottish fitba forum remember.  Doubt anyone's heard of any of these people. 

• Like 1

only got round to having a good read up on him now

So since February 2017 JET has played 12 games in Thailand and then 31 games for Livvie this season.

Gillingham sent him back to QPR in Feb 2017 and then he stayed at QPR not playing a single minute from Feb 2017 to May 2018.

He then does nothing until January 2019 transfer window when he moves to Thailand.

So literally two years out of the game in his mid 20s - what a waster.

Plays in Thailand Feb to May 2019 and then does nothing until signing for Livvie in September 2020

So another 15 months out of the game in his late 20s - what a waster.

I hope to feck we are paying him sensibly.

It's gonna be interesting to see how this pans out. Fingers crossed.

38 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

only got round to having a good read up on him now

So since February 2017 JET has played 12 games in Thailand and then 31 games for Livvie this season.

Gillingham sent him back to QPR in Feb 2017 and then he stayed at QPR not playing a single minute from Feb 2017 to May 2018.

He then does nothing until January 2019 transfer window when he moves to Thailand.

So literally two years out of the game in his mid 20s - what a waster.

Plays in Thailand Feb to May 2019 and then does nothing until signing for Livvie in September 2020

So another 15 months out of the game in his late 20s - what a waster.

I hope to feck we are paying him sensibly.

It's gonna be interesting to see how this pans out. Fingers crossed.

Hopefully he is cheap as chips.

It's just one of the most bizarre signings that we (or anyone for that matter) has ever made.

You can see the loon has a bit of talent but as others have said.....the career stats don't lie. Just seems like he hasn't ever applied himself at any point during his career. Talent only gets you so far but you have to work hard to back it up.

I'm sure he isn't costing us the earth so that in itself is a reasonable starting position and maybe Glass has a cunning plan up his sleeve for him (30 minute super-sub??). But I'm expecting 2 more strikers to come in minimum, one of whom needs to be a proper name that gets the support fired up...the other a solid back-up who can be relied on for 12 plus goals per season.

• Upvote 1
3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

It's just one of the most bizarre signings that we (or anyone for that matter) has ever made.

You can see the loon has a bit of talent but as others have said.....the career stats don't lie. Just seems like he hasn't ever applied himself at any point during his career. Talent only gets you so far but you have to work hard to back it up.

I'm sure he isn't costing us the earth so that in itself is a reasonable starting position and maybe Glass has a cunning plan up his sleeve for him (30 minute super-sub??). But I'm expecting 2 more strikers to come in minimum, one of whom needs to be a proper name that gets the support fired up...the other a solid back-up who can be relied on for 12 plus goals per season.

He’s similarly hyped as Gary O’Connor was & it seems with similar attitude to the game