"Jet" signs

2 hours ago, fine-n-dandy said:

Glass sayin JET is a better player that the people of Scotland think.

Aye ok

So rather than sign all the Marquee signings the pair of them ‘hinted’ at they will try & paint the Gazebos they sign to look like a marquee 

Great plan ?

The lad showed up in two games against us last year, otherwise his stats were a bit meh! That said, when he pulls on the red top, I’ll be giving him the chance to shine.

Maybe Glass and Russell will get the best out of him.

Give the new management team a chance to show what we are about next season.

1 hour ago, Chester Don said:

I think Jet will become a cult figure for us and will like Glass suggests be a lot lot better than most are giving him credit for. I’m actually excited to see him join us as let’s be honest he terrorised us in the cup game back end of last season.   

So did Main 

shite justification 

• Dildo 2
42 minutes ago, fine-n-dandy said:

So did Main 

shite justification 

FFS min, Are you going to be Mr Negative all the way through pre-season?

I was negative before he signed, but bow he’s here gie the boy and team a chance.

He seems to have settled in and be happy so now it’s up to him to prove the doubters wrong.

COME ON YOU REDS!!!

JET will be the best player in the squad technically, alongside Hedges. His control, touch, vision etc is top notch. He's never fulfilled his potential and he's now 30 and likely never will - but if we get 10-15 goals out of him this season and next it'll be a good bit better than what we've had out of a "second striker" (assuming Ramirez is the main man) than we've had for the last 3 or 4 years.

So what if he doesn't run around like a headless chicken chasing the ball and tiring himself out - we've had to put up with that rubbish for years with guys like Stevie May and Curtis Main. I'd rather have a guy who can actually play football. I hope he actually gets played up front rather than out on the wing though. The last time we had a striker who could actually play football (Wilson) McInnes played him as a winger, or kept him on the bench, because he preferred a huge lump of wood up front or someone who would just run about like a dafty. 

I'd like to see JET and Ramirez up top, with Hedges in behind threading balls through to them, and two full backs bombing on and firing balls into the box. We need to have variety to our attacks.

4132 formation perhaps...

Lewis

McCrorie Gallagher Considine Hayes

Brown

McGinn Ferguson Hedges

JET Ramirez 

Still think Ferguson will be gone, so Jenks will likely step in there... and I'm hoping we'll sign another attacking player who can take McGinn's place in the first 11. Brown basically sits and essentially becomes a back 3 in possession with the 2 full backs given license to bomb on up the park.

1 hour ago, Tord31 said:

JET looked the business for Livvie but very unfit. 

He could turn out a decent signing for us if he's got his head screwed and wants to succeed. I'm hopeful with his first full pre season in a few years he could be decent

Very unfit, ? sounds like another star striker named Griffiths.   Let’s hope the Jet has new fuel in his tank.    And a parachute if he fails, the  (aiberdeen heed hunter fans  ) will be shooting him down, after a few goal less games.  

• Dildo 1
49 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

He could turn out a decent signing for us if he's got his head screwed and wants to succeed. I'm hopeful with his first full pre season in a few years he could be decent

He was a standout for me 3 or 4 times last season when I saw him.

He looks a powerful beast.

Play him directly through the middle with another striker playing off him.

The problem JET has is Cormack came out promising stellar signings. JET could well be a decent player for us, but he’s never going to be considered a stellar signing by any stretch of the imagination.

He won’t be worse than the pish like Main, Wilson etc we’ve had to put up with in recent years.

2 hours ago, Tord31 said:

In a few years? He turns 31 in December

He's also had 6 clubs in 6 years. I'd be amazed if he's still with us this time in 2 years after his contract runs out

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo 1
35 minutes ago, Andy_123 said:

The problem JET has is Cormack came out promising stellar signings. JET could well be a decent player for us, but he’s never going to be considered a stellar signing by any stretch of the imagination.

He won’t be worse than the pish like Main, Wilson etc we’ve had to put up with in recent years.

Glass has been talking him up the more the summer has gone on. 
Glass has admitted himself it’s far harder to get players in than he thought it would be.

Sounds like we’ve maybe been knocked back by a few. 

1 hour ago, Joe pike said:

He was a standout for me 3 or 4 times last season when I saw him.

He looks a powerful beast.

Play him directly through the middle with another striker playing off him.

Yup, we hopefully won't be light touches any more with him, Brown and Gallagher in the team. 

I don't know what kind of striker Ramirez is, but I'd like to see us go two up top next season - would show some intent. 

As for the "lazy" tag - I think he just looks quite lethargic in his running style because he's so big. I'd rather have a guy that conserves his energy to create a chance or score a goal than someone who runs about like a headless chicken for 90 minutes and does absolutely nothing (reference: Stevie May / Curtis Main).

3 minutes ago, WesthillWanderersFC said:

Glass has been talking him up the more the summer has gone on. 
Glass has admitted himself it’s far harder to get players in than he thought it would be.

Sounds like we’ve maybe been knocked back by a few. 

Players are in the driving seat these days i guess (decent ones anyway) - they can keep their options open right to the end of the window probably. Once a team indicates a bit of interest, the agents can use that to prompt other teams etc. For most, it'll come down to money. Sadly I'm not sure we have many other selling points these days - we've been 4th the last couple years, haven't really been in cup finals, and the idea "European football" attracts players is rubbish given that it's usually just a couple of games before we're inevitably knocked out. The main selling point should be our promise to give players regular game time and to develop them into better players who can move on in a couple season's time. Russell should have a decent reputation as a coach, and Brown has a good reputation in the scottish game for helping players develop. Whether players will put that ahead of immediate money is another thing though.

1 minute ago, Don_Corleone said:

Players are in the driving seat these days i guess (decent ones anyway) - they can keep their options open right to the end of the window probably. Once a team indicates a bit of interest, the agents can use that to prompt other teams etc. For most, it'll come down to money. Sadly I'm not sure we have many other selling points these days - we've been 4th the last couple years, haven't really been in cup finals, and the idea "European football" attracts players is rubbish given that it's usually just a couple of games before we're inevitably knocked out. The main selling point should be our promise to give players regular game time and to develop them into better players who can move on in a couple season's time. Russell should have a decent reputation as a coach, and Brown has a good reputation in the scottish game for helping players develop. Whether players will put that ahead of immediate money is another thing though.

Aye, selling the club as as a good stepping stone is probably our best hope of attracting some players.

Shinnie, McKenna, McLean etc. All going to far bigger contracts and doubling/trebling their salary.

• Dildo 1

I'm normally pretty negative about our bang average signings and I should be about him but I've just got a feeling this guy is going to do alright for us. He seems genuinely pleased to be here and looks like he is prepared to put in a bit of effort. Maybe he realizes he's been a waster all his career and this is his last opportunity at a decent club. 

• Upvote 1
58 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

Yup, we hopefully won't be light touches any more with him, Brown and Gallagher in the team. 

I don't know what kind of striker Ramirez is, but I'd like to see us go two up top next season - would show some intent. 

As for the "lazy" tag - I think he just looks quite lethargic in his running style because he's so big. I'd rather have a guy that conserves his energy to create a chance or score a goal than someone who runs about like a headless chicken for 90 minutes and does absolutely nothing (reference: Stevie May / Curtis Main).

Exactly this. We now have some bottle in the spine of our team with Gallagher, Brown and JET. When was the the last time we had that and I have lost count of him many times we are all saying we were full of lightweights last year.  

3 hours ago, Tord31 said:

1 hour ago, Ten Caat said:

In a few years? He turns 31 in December

He's also had 6 clubs in 6 years. I'd be amazed if he's still with us this time in 2 years after his contract runs out

Not sure if you're taking the piss but I'm pretty sure Tord means it's his first full pre-season, therefore he could hit the ground running.

Jet will be fine. Won't be a regular starter but will do a job for us.