"Jet" signs

6 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Unpopular opinion, but over the course of 3 games I'm becoming less and less impressed by this guy.

Did well enough in the first leg, but even then there were things I was unimpressed by. 

Being active on the socials is all very well, but needs to be doing it on the pitch and I'm nae convinced so much.

There will be one game in 3 or 4 where he’s unplayable.

The other two or three he’ll be pish & a luxury.

Clearly has ability, but no fitness & cant run 

He shouldn’t start every week & we need to bring in a striker and possibly a winger or a “10”. 

6 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Unpopular opinion, but over the course of 3 games I'm becoming less and less impressed by this guy.

Did well enough in the first leg, but even then there were things I was unimpressed by. 

Being active on the socials is all very well, but needs to be doing it on the pitch and I'm nae convinced so much.

Know what you are saying. Felt as though he gave the ball away a lot in the 2nd half. 

I really didn't think he should have started on Thursday v Hacken. He quite obviously has stamina issues and in a game where we didn't need to go chasing goals, he would have been far better off staying on the bench, playing maybe McGeouch instead of him who would have been more effective in containing Hacken, and maybe JET would have been fresher for this game (I realise he got subbed off after 50 minutes but a 15 minute cameo late on would have sufficed for us in this game).

There's definitely a reason why he could barely get a start at Livi before Martindale took over from Holt though

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Ten Caat said:

I really didn't think he should have started on Thursday v Hacken. He quite obviously has stamina issues and in a game where we didn't need to go chasing goals, he would have been far better off staying on the bench, playing maybe McGeouch instead of him who would have been more effective in containing Hacken, and maybe JET would have been fresher for this game (I realise he got subbed off after 50 minutes but a 15 minute cameo late on would have sufficed for us in this game).

There's definitely a reason why he could barely get a start at Livi before Martindale took over from Holt though

Aye he was clearly wrong considering the change in form. Terrible example :laughing:

8 minutes ago, DelMonte said:

Thought he did fine but his fitness is an issue. I just think he’s not the kind of player people thought he was. His weight of pass and touch is superb.

Aye he's been fine so far but fades later in games. 

Some folk can't wait to get the knives sharpened because they didn't want him signed in the first place. 

• Upvote 1
6 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Some folk can't wait to get the knives sharpened because they didn't want him signed in the first place. 

I had no issue with the signing, but he needs to do the simple things rather than try cute flicks etc. 

His languid pace will soon piss off his team mates and the fans.

But he is what he is.

• Upvote 1
2 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

I had no issue with the signing, but he needs to do the simple things rather than try cute flicks etc. 

His languid pace will soon piss off his team mates and the fans.

But he is what he is.

Aye. He'll frustrate sometimes but he looks like he and Ramirez might develop an understanding. 

Hopefully gets fitter as the games progress. 

Far better than watching Curtis fucking Main every week. 

2 hours ago, aberdeen1970 said:

He was hiding quite a bit in today's games, not really looking to get open, standing behind the opposing players so the ball wasn't passed to him.

I wonder if he'd getting a bit frustrated, there was one move in the second half where he made an effort to get forward and was visibly annoyed when he didn't get the ball back.

I don't mind him not getting chances or getting in the box often enough if he uses his skills to be able to get the ball between the lines and in tight spaces, the key though is showing the effort to offer and be available

I was pleased with the signing assuming he'd be a squad player.

I think he's gonna be good for us in a lot of spfl games but nae convinced he should be starting against the old firm or in europe against a top side.

His ball retention is very handy. Easy to forget us having shit strikers that couldnt even get a touch of the ball

8 minutes ago, Tord31 said:

I was pleased with the signing assuming he'd be a squad player.

I think he's gonna be good for us in a lot of spfl games but nae convinced he should be starting against the old firm or in europe against a top side.

His ball retention is very handy. Easy to forget us having shit strikers that couldnt even get a touch of the ball

He gives it away a bit too often, only because I think he feels he has to do something clever every time he has the ball. 

He’s a skilful, player & obviously has ability, but I don’t think he should start every week though. 

He’s a bit of a luxury player, & I doubt he’ll ever have a great level of fitness.
If we had more options you could sub him off after 60 minutes. 

25 minutes ago, frankie_mac's_4 said:

He lost the ba umpteen times today

Edit: I suspect he'll be the matchwinner occasionally but fucking murder far more often, as most people have suggested already 

but he got the ball to lose it. main, cosgrove and anderson never got the ball last season.

I was hardly paying attention second half of the season but i doubt kamberi, hornby and hendry were any betterr