"Jet" signs

43 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

Be interesting to see if he is as pish under Glass or if it was the McInnes effect.

I don't think we'll get the chance to find out. No need for Him, Brown, McGeouch, Campbell in the squad. Campbell will be the cheapest so no harm in him staying, Brown will be a stick on to start most weeks and I think Glass quite likes McGeouch. Ojo will be gone if someone comes in for him.

45 minutes ago, Redmist1903 said:

I don't think we'll get the chance to find out. No need for Him, Brown, McGeouch, Campbell in the squad. Campbell will be the cheapest so no harm in him staying, Brown will be a stick on to start most weeks and I think Glass quite likes McGeouch. Ojo will be gone if someone comes in for him.

I’d agree out of the many centre mids we have ojo must be about 8th choice. 

Depends how he shows in training I suppose.

Different managers have different ideas about players, so he may play a more prominent role in the team.

I can't see us releasing him and settling up and I can't see a team buying him.

Was quite noticeable the comments made in the Q&A regarding giving players 3 year deals only for them to leave after 6 months when things don't work out. All too common under McInnes. 

4 minutes ago, Millertime said:

Come on

That performance against "rangers" was an abomination

What would being playing for mcinnes have to do with him being unable to trap or pass the ball 15 yards?

He used to absolutely shell short passes

Not disagreeing, he did nothing in his 6 months playing for us to show that he would be of any benefit to us. But he apparently played well enough for Wigan, so either the manager there was able to get a tune out of him or Mcinnes was right to banish him to that level.

Managers have different ideas regarding players and Glass, Russell, Baloo and Brown might see something in him. Or they'll bin him the first sniff of an offer.

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Depends how he shows in training I suppose.

Different managers have different ideas about players, so he may play a more prominent role in the team.

I can't see us releasing him and settling up and I can't see a team buying him.

Was quite noticeable the comments made in the Q&A regarding giving players 3 year deals only for them to leave after 6 months when things don't work out. All too common under McInnes. 

I’m guessing that will have come straight from Cormack. 

3 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Be interesting to see if he is as pish under Glass or if it was the McInnes effect.

He was coming onto a good game pre-Covid. Was pish when he came back after lockdown.

If he’s improved / regained confidence in his 6 month loan, then good.

I’m not bothered who Glass picks as long as they contribute on the pitch

• Dildo 1
4 hours ago, King Street Loon said:

Not disagreeing, he did nothing in his 6 months playing for us to show that he would be of any benefit to us. But he apparently played well enough for Wigan, so either the manager there was able to get a tune out of him or Mcinnes was right to banish him to that level.

Managers have different ideas regarding players and Glass, Russell, Baloo and Brown might see something in him. Or they'll bin him the first sniff of an offer.

spacer.png

1 hour ago, King Street Loon said:

Not long watched the whole thing, seems like there is a good bond in the squad. 

It was. 

Was it a bit weird Brown was out with them? Is he going to be concentrating mainly on playing or am I reading too much into it?

Judging by his snap chat vids JET is going to be ‘good to have around the place’ at least! Seems to always be up to something, but the lads seem to love him!

loved his boast that he’ll easily score 20 goals this season! ?

• 3 weeks later...

Looks like he plays at his own pace, which will frustrate in some matches, but he was sensational last night. Won everything pinged up, and loved using his feet to get past the opposition. Can see him being just as effective with his feet / passing and creating when playing deeper as he is when he plays right up the top with his strength to win and use the ball.

He’d be a quality 5s player!

first half was pretty much the definition of unplayable such a big guy but extremly nimble and quick on his feet

Haken midfield and defence didnt know how to deal withe him -neither did the ref  looked at the top half and saw a barn door who should take the pushes and shoves (probably fair ) didnt look at the bottom half and missed the kicks at his fast feet. also missed the defenders who tried to be all over him without realising his dancing feet

Ref seemed mesmerised by his top half when feet were fouled and distracted by feet when the top half was fouled

tired 2nd half which was a pity would have been certain MotM if his energy levels had gone on passed half time

• Upvote 1

If someone tells the big man it's not walking football he's playing, he could be playing the EPL. ?

Excellent in the air, great hold up play, links well, good vision and eye for a pass, superb feet etc - he literaly does everything at walking pace, even when he's beating a defender, he's just walking past them. Some have questioned his fitness and labelled him as being lazy - but I think it's just his style - he looks lethargic but he's effective. Quite a unique character - could well turn into a cult hero! 

Nobody's messing with us this season with him, Brown and Gallagher in the spine of the team.

• Upvote 1
14 minutes ago, Don_Corleone said:

If someone tells the big man it's not walking football he's playing, he could be playing the EPL?

Excellent in the air, great hold up play, links well, good vision and eye for a pass, superb feet etc - he literaly does everything at walking pace, even when he's beating a defender, he's just walking past them. Some have questioned his fitness and labelled him as being lazy - but I think it's just his style - he looks lethargic but he's effective. Quite a unique character - could well turn into a cult hero! 

Nobody's messing with us this season with him, Brown and Gallagher in the spine of the team.

Absolutely. At times (more so in the second half) he did get caught by being to slow to do things. I thought he should have been subbed instead of Ramirez, but obviously Glass thinks he would benefit from more match time.

When Jenks came on in the hole, I though he showed he had a bit of pace and directness about him that indicates he will also be an asset, certainly as cover until Ferguson leaves.

I though Ferguson had a great game and he showed an excellent attitude. Whether performances like last night helps the EPL clubs to get their wallet out or we keep him another season, I'm not bothered

12 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

Absolutely. At times (more so in the second half) he did get caught by being to slow to do things. I thought he should have been subbed instead of Ramirez, but obviously Glass thinks he would benefit from more match time.

When Jenks came on in the hole, I though he showed he had a bit of pace and directness about him that indicates he will also be an asset, certainly as cover until Ferguson leaves.

I though Ferguson had a great game and he showed an excellent attitude. Whether performances like last night helps the EPL clubs to get their wallet out or we keep him another season, I'm not bothered

Ramirez i imagine was only taken off to get an ovation from the crowd. He was excellent and deserved it. 

Auld JET surprised me the most last night. Had him (probably ignorantly) down as a carthorse from watching him at Livingston but turns out he's actually really intelligent with the finese of a ballerina. Gets good relationship going with Ramirez and we could be in for a good season.

6 minutes ago, RAZOR said:

Auld JET surprised me the most last night. Had him (probably ignorantly) down as a carthorse from watching him at Livingston but turns out he's actually really intelligent with the finese of a ballerina. Gets good relationship going with Ramirez and we could be in for a good season.

Good sign. You're normally a hard man to please. 

34 minutes ago, afc1903mad said:

You was able to make that assessment in the whole 90 seconds (if that) he got on the pitch aye?