"Jet" signs

11 minutes ago, Tommy said:

The fans see that.If only we had a striker coach to keep Glass right.

It’s quite odd isn’t it - the only having one striker thing. I can only guess that the whole Glass/Cormack Chat about only bringing in players that want to be here and will really add to the quality of the squad means we are holding out for something special. I live in hope.

47 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

It’s quite odd isn’t it - the only having one striker thing. I can only guess that the whole Glass/Cormack Chat about only bringing in players that want to be here and will really add to the quality of the squad means we are holding out for something special. I live in hope.

The lack of a third striker probably played their hand. There's probably been a few players we've enquired about and didn't work out. We're not going down the route of signing shite just for the sake of it. We'd be as well playing the youth players if we're bringing in pish. 

57 minutes ago, Sydney_Red said:

I wonder if the hope yesterday was to really play without a focal point up front - so just have JET, Hayes, Jenks, McGinn and Hedges all interchanging in the forward areas... which in theory could work. I think the experiment has proven that we need Ramirez leading the line, and the aforementioned players can play the supporting role. I'd say from what I've seen so far that JET is the best option we have alongside Ramirez at the moment - Jenks has done nothing aside from that one snapshot that resulted in the goal, and McGinn looks really past it. Hedges and Hayes I guess will be deployed wider or deeper. I also think Ramirez can't really play up front on his own - he would be equally ineffective without JET or someone else to link with. Bottom line is we need to bring in another striker so that we have another option.

57 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

The lack of a third striker probably played their hand. There's probably been a few players we've enquired about and didn't work out. We're not going down the route of signing shite just for the sake of it. We'd be as well playing the youth players if we're bringing in pish. 

Keeping our options open is fine but we are getting towards needing that third striker pronto. Every game is for 90 mins+ and going with Ramirez and JET is not enough... although i'll not be surprised if we try to blag the Raith game without those two.

16 hours ago, DelMonte said:

Worst game so far for us. He’s never a centre forward who can play up top himself however. Lesson learned hopefully.

6 hours ago, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Unfortunately away to hammer thrower Livingston is exactly the game I thought he was bought for.

Tbf, the line-up/being played out of position didn't help.

2 hours ago, StandFree1982 said:

He's got the assets to be a good player for us. His hold up play, touch and control is decent for a big forward, but he struggled to make any impact in the last few games and was letting the ball get away from him too often yesterday.  

He needs to play alongside someone, he does not suit being a lone striker. 

Exactly this.

He has all the attributes to protect the ball, just needs to do it quicker and better.

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/9/2021 at 8:04 PM, maryhilldon said:

5 more games to prove me wrong. He's getting worse every game. 

May as well go now!, well done MHD, he’s gash, he will be gash in the next 5 games, he will always be shit, he has been his whole footballing life, plenty of talent, lazy lazy person. 

Guest milne_afc
3 minutes ago, DD1903 said:

Yep, garbage. 

Its almost like glass signed him based on the games he played against us, and didn't watch any other games...

I was mocked by a fan of MK Dons when Jet was paraded as a marquee signing. He’s a fucking joke. Big lazy cunt.