Aberdeen FC confirm Jimmy Thelin appointment ✍️ ×

"Jet" signs

15 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

Could be that they are exploring their options before signing an extension. 

Aye. 

People assume that the ooc guys have no other options but there will be some interest in McGinn and Ross. 

Devlin probably unlikely to be getting many offers in this climate until he proves his fitness but if he's only getting a short term deal here he might scratch around to try and get a 1 year deal somewhere else. 

8 minutes ago, aberdeen1970 said:

Aye. 

People assume that the ooc guys have no other options but there will be some interest in McGinn and Ross. 

Devlin probably unlikely to be getting many offers in this climate until he proves his fitness but if he's only getting a short term deal here he might scratch around to try and get a 1 year deal somewhere else. 

McGinn should have plenty options. He might be past his best, but he'll still do a job for most sides in Scotland.

On 5/22/2021 at 3:00 PM, Ten Caat said:

It's just one of the most bizarre signings that we (or anyone for that matter) has ever made.

You can see the loon has a bit of talent but as others have said.....the career stats don't lie. Just seems like he hasn't ever applied himself at any point during his career. Talent only gets you so far but you have to work hard to back it up.

I'm sure he isn't costing us the earth so that in itself is a reasonable starting position and maybe Glass has a cunning plan up his sleeve for him (30 minute super-sub??). But I'm expecting 2 more strikers to come in minimum, one of whom needs to be a proper name that gets the support fired up...the other a solid back-up who can be relied on for 12 plus goals per season.

The most bizarre signing we have ever made?

lol

4 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

The most bizarre signing we have ever made?

lol

one of them yes. Doesn't score goals, doesn't ever stay in one place long. History of being overweight and uninterested

but you seem to disagree

name a more bizarre signing we have made?

2 hours ago, Roberto said:

Myles Anderson is still one that I think back to, wtf was that about?

More recently, Hernandez. 

I'd say Hernandez is only bizarre with hindsight.

When we first signed him, no one was complaining about signing someone for a position we needed covered with Logan in steep decline. And although the fee was astronomical for us in recent history, he was a Venezuelan international with 15 caps at that point.

3 hours ago, Ten Caat said:

one of them yes. Doesn't score goals, doesn't ever stay in one place long. History of being overweight and uninterested

but you seem to disagree

name a more bizarre signing we have made?

Alan Tate was more bizarre. Done fuck all at Swansea for years and was absolute pish. Curtis Main was also way more bizarre. 
Everybody knew he was shite, there was no debate at all there. 

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Not a player but still a signing from Aberdeen 

patterson the drunk, afc must have known about his bevvy problems?, no due diligence whatsoever!

player wise forrester was a waste of time and money

ICT were very upfront about Pele's drink problem but the board thought they were exaggerating to put us off ? 

Guest milne_afc
30 minutes ago, Roberto said:

It is apparently.

I can't remember how it came out but some one at the club did reveal it.

Other version is that the Dons were fully aware of his antics, was common knowledge in the Highland League community, but Milne thought he could somehow get him on the straight and narrow.

Neither version shows AFC is a flattering light tbh.

11 minutes ago, Big Hat Logan said:

Teams needs striker, signs one that did well last season. Hardly bizarre.

In what way did he do well?

He hardly got  selected the first half of it as he was so unfit

He scored 5 goals in 24 appearances.....not a total disaster but no better than underwhelming. He did cause our defenders some trouble I admit........but plenty other bang average strikers did too

I'm not saying he will definitely be a crap signing. It might even prove to be inspired. But his past record doesn't fill me with confidence