10 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

It’s garbage, the NHS test should be approved for use, right now if I were to go tomorrow it would be a test for her and me, when a get there I would be ushered into a room, pay for a test, travel to my hotel (lucky it’s one of the approved holding hotels otherwise I would need to pay accommodation to an approved hotel) and wait till the negative result comes through then your free to go, generally takes 2 days for the results, if positive result then 10 days quarantine regardless. 

so minimum losing out on 260 and 2 days of your 14 gone. It’s a farce

Completely agree min. It is a shambolic state of affairs at present. 

• Downvote 1

8 hours ago, Dons79 said:

It’s garbage, the NHS test should be approved for use, right now if I were to go tomorrow it would be a test for her and me, when a get there I would be ushered into a room, pay for a test, travel to my hotel (lucky it’s one of the approved holding hotels otherwise I would need to pay accommodation to an approved hotel) and wait till the negative result comes through then your free to go, generally takes 2 days for the results, if positive result then 10 days quarantine regardless. 

so minimum losing out on 260 and 2 days of your 14 gone. It’s a farce

Just don't go abroad on holiday this year then,  its not the end of the world. Hardly worth having a nervous breakdown over. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, maryhilldon said:

Just don't go abroad on holiday this year then,  its not the end of the world. Hardly worth having a nervous breakdown over. 

If the flights still go but your not allowed then you lose the lot, everything, could you drop 5k for nothing?.that’s the dilemma 

You know the risks with foreign travel at the moment. Why put yourself in that position? Like MHD says, just holiday in the UK this year.

A property magnate simply like @Dons79 simply can’t the quality of holiday and level of luxury he’s accustomed to in the UK

10 minutes ago, King Street Loon said:

You know the risks with foreign travel at the moment. Why put yourself in that position? Like MHD says, just holiday in the UK this year.

As a said was booked 2 years ago before Covid!, so there were no risks then, I more likely will move it to next year, who is to say that the situation is resolved then though?, or in 2,3,4 years?. Will the holiday company still be trading then?, the virus looks like it’s going nowhere fast!, longer it’s here the more dangerous the variants can get

8 minutes ago, Henry said:

A property magnate simply like @Dons79 simply can’t the quality of holiday and level of luxury he’s accustomed to in the UK

Take your sister out your mouth and start again?

Posted (edited)

Long time reservation I guess it’s devil and blue sea so sympathy there D79 But I’ve spoken to some who’ve booked recently and you almost get the impression the reason they’ve done it is precisely for the drama and worry with a little bit of Giruy (boris, jonnie furrener, whoever) thrown in.

fuck that.

our agents were pretty cool about a previously booked one giving vouchers for the cancellation.  As you say though, the flight simply wasn’t running for ours.  Still to spend them there obviously (the agent, not the destination) and it’s not exactly the most solvent of industries just now.

Edited by strachanmcgheegoal

10 minutes ago, Henry said:

Heard butlins was brilliant this time of year, might swap For that, red coats, dodgems and air hockey, hawd me back, may as well book Sandylands and be done with it. Also you do realise that’s what everybody in Britain will be doing, you will be lucky to get anything decent as a break away, the guffs will book up everything decent just shortly.

Just now, strachanmcgheegoal said:

Long time reservation I guess it’s devil and blue sea so sympathy there D79 But I’ve spoken to some who’ve booked recently and you almost get the impression the reason they’ve done it is precisely for the drama and worry with a little bit of Giruy (boris, jonnie furrener, whoever) thrown in.

fuck that.

That’s it bud, it wasn’t a spur of the moment thing while cunts were dying!, it was booked a couple of years ago, everything I have booked since has been in Scotland,lovely, just genuinely don’t know what to do?. Pay an extra 400ish and perhaps lose 2 days as it stands or try for next year in hope that the virus has buggered aff.(doubtful) and the holiday company hasn’t went bust.

7 minutes ago, Dons79 said:

As a said was booked 2 years ago before Covid!

I booked a few days in Amsterdam with my son,  then covid struck.  Still got the credit,  kinda resigned to not doing it anytime soon though. Hey ho,  it'll wait. 

We took the latter simply because it then freed us up on destinations again.  Of course the wife wants to go to the same place.....

5 minutes ago, maryhilldon said:

I booked a few days in Amsterdam with my son,  then covid struck.  Still got the credit,  kinda resigned to not doing it anytime soon though. Hey ho,  it'll wait. 

Same was in amsterdam in March just before they shut the borders 😂😂, had to fuck off from there 3 days early to make sure a wasn’t stuck, was about six folk on the plane home. I defo wouldn’t book abroad any time soon.

2-B7-A1-D29-C34-E-4-B4-E-844-C-34518142-
B2-C3126-A-08-CE-473-E-9-CF4-7-F819-CCF2

pics after finding out all the shops and basically everything was shutting after that day. Stayed another 3 days then went back home.

Just now, milne_afc said:

Gratuitous shot of €500 😂

Must have been banking on the whorehouses being kept open... 

How do we know that’s not his earnings?

23 minutes ago, milne_afc said:

Cmon Milne you wouldn’t go to another country without dough, was a photo taken to stop the wife shitting herself as a landed at 13.50 the place shut at18.00, didn’t have a clue they were about to shut amsterdam down.

1 hour ago, milne_afc said:

Spread out and everything.

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

Same was in amsterdam in March just before they shut the borders 😂😂, had to fuck off from there 3 days early to make sure a wasn’t stuck, was about six folk on the plane home. I defo wouldn’t book abroad any time soon.

2-B7-A1-D29-C34-E-4-B4-E-844-C-34518142-
B2-C3126-A-08-CE-473-E-9-CF4-7-F819-CCF2

pics after finding out all the shops and basically everything was shutting after that day. Stayed another 3 days then went back home.

If you stayed any longer on that diet, you'd have been flown home by air ambulance. 

48 minutes ago, Henry said:

Spread out and everything.

Just like your family’s legs at dinner time?

Bet that book is just a collection of Parky’s posts!

Prefer mince n tatties for dinner TBH.

Or a supermarket ham sandwich.

38 minutes ago, StandFree1982 said:

If you stayed any longer on that diet, you'd have been flown home by air ambulance. 

Defo, everything shut at18.00 didn’t reopen for 2 days, then would only take card payments which I didn’t have with me.managed to get a sandwich on day 3 and gave up after that.booked a flight back and left at 20.00 and the very next day they had closed there borders.was lucky otherwise I would have found myself homeless and unable to get home.lucky 

On ferguson, we want £4m. Clubs have been made aware. Not sure if anyone will be interested at that fee. 

16 hours ago, Matt Armstrong's Dog said:

Cheers for the clarification min👍.

Just like you say, this is a completely unnecessary form of taxation that the government are trying to get out of folk, like you and I, who are quite rightly trying to rid ourselves of the shackles we have needlessly been restricted by. 

It's not "rightly" nor "needlessly". 

The idea is to put people off travelling abroad. I'd rather they just prevented people doing it right now tbh. It's unfair that the more money you have, the easier it is to navigate round the rules. 

Another case of wealth before health,

No. It's a case of balancing public health with allowing people "freedom". It's unfair that rich folk can have more freedoms though. Although that's already the case in a whole manner of ways. 

and greed before need.

You don't "need" to go to Poland. It's a case of you thinking your want is more important than public health. 

How the fuck can they justify £130 for a testing kit that comprises a cotton bud, a few bits of plastic, a tot if liquid, and a wee instruction manual?

Because that's not the sum total of the costs & they've made it expensive to put people off travelling. 

The NHS coronavirus test is perfectly adequate and provides a decent level of accuracy. 

You cannot enjoy a holiday with the thought of being told to quarantine at your own expense or self-isolate. 

Holiday in the UK. Invest your money in struggling communities and economies on these shores. Then you'll have no such worries.

Thats what millions upon millions of others are doing.  

The continual chopping and changing of the rules and restrictions, the uncertainty this brings, and the perennial inference that international travel is a criminal act is doing my fucking head in!🤬

The rules change as the situation changes. Fairly obvious that things will be fluid and ever-changing. It'd be fucking stupid to have a fixed set of rules that never changed with the situation. 

51 minutes ago, Poodler said:

Bet that book is just a collection of Parky’s posts!

His follow up "How not to be wrong - the art of changing your mind" is a better read. 

• Upvote 1
  • Dildo on Bonnet 2

43 minutes ago, RUL said:

On ferguson, we want £4m. Clubs have been made aware. Not sure if anyone will be interested at that fee. 

At last back on subject 

can we get a “ let’s give each other abuse folder”

seems pertinent for some 

Yep all his books are good

1 hour ago, Dons79 said:

then would only take card payments which I didn’t have with me.

No card on holiday with you?

Saves the wife going through your bank statement I suppose. 

15 minutes ago, Parklife said:

It's not "rightly" nor "needlessly". 

The idea is to put people off travelling abroad. I'd rather they just prevented people doing it right now tbh. It's unfair that the more money you have, the easier it is to navigate round the rules. 

No. It's a case of balancing public health with allowing people "freedom". It's unfair that rich folk can have more freedoms though. Although that's already the case in a whole manner of ways. 

You don't "need" to go to Poland. It's a case of you thinking your want is more important than public health. 

Because that's not the sum total of the costs & they've made it expensive to put people off travelling. 

Holiday in the UK. Invest your money in struggling communities and economies on these shores. Then you'll have no such worries.

Thats what millions upon millions of others are doing.  

The rules change as the situation changes. Fairly obvious that things will be fluid and ever-changing. It'd be fucking stupid to have a fixed set of rules that never changed with the situation. 

His follow up "How not to be wrong - the art of changing your mind" is a better read. 

All well saying invest in local communities but I’ve been through loads of local communities in the last few weeks and they’re raging about tourists! 

those cunts in torridon can fuck right off 

2 hours ago, Dons79 said:

Defo, everything shut at18.00 didn’t reopen for 2 days, then would only take card payments which I didn’t have with me.managed to get a sandwich on day 3 and gave up after that.booked a flight back and left at 20.00 and the very next day they had closed there borders.was lucky otherwise I would have found myself homeless and unable to get home.lucky 

Id have eaten everything there inc the book after 1x bag of that weed. 

Could you have done with more weed?